Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

Guilds

Would you want to be part of a guild?

• Total voters

Kvothe

Guildmaster
Retired Staff
A guild is an association of artisans who control the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of workers. They were organized in a manner something between a trade union, a cartel, and a secret society. They often depended on grants of letters patent by a monarch or other authority to enforce the flow of trade to their self-employed members, and to retain ownership of tools and the supply of materials. A lasting legacy of traditional guilds are the guildhalls constructed and used as meeting places.
Thinking about this for a while, Altera really lacks guilds, and this would add a lot of opportunities if we have them (I know there's a thieves guild or assassins guild somewhere, but I mean the 'good' or 'normal' once, like the Merchant's guild, bakers guild, blacksmith guild etc.). This won't be staff monitored or anything, there's no need to ask permissions for it to set up a guild like this, but you can request your guildhall here. A guildhall is a place to get together and discuss the future of your trade or skill, to train, to barter, to have a chat, a lot of RP opportunities.

So, have you always wanted to set up a guild and have a guild hall in Port Silver or any other city in Altera (You'll need permission for the latter from the town owner though)? Post here!

Also, feel free to discuss anything related to Guilds here if you want to.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Would a " Brawler's Guild " be possible? As many know im a sucker for pvp combat and would really be devoted to this.

And some shameless advertising, the Galo Gulch Tournament is starting next week-ish and for it to be the best pvp event evar we need more people, check it out under the " Announcements " category. The more the merrier right!?

Anithola

Lord of Altera
Yeah thats true :-\ if people intrested would like the above post i would appreciate it so that i can decide if i want to spend my time planning this or not ;-)

Menel

Carpet Monkey
Well i would totally get into a guild but as for now my char has not realy the time for that :D but it is a Yes.