Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Concept Hallowworld [Grimdark AU]

Mudpaw11

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Patron
Staff
Mudpaw11
Mudpaw11
Patron
An AU where everything is a mess? Man, how haven't I subjected my party to this yet!
Seriously though these were fun to write (mainly Eliss').
Good work Wake!

The end of worlds left him only with dry laughter, enough to drown out the ticking of his numbered days. The moor wondered how long until the rest of the crew found out. The sunken look in his eyes was getting harder to hide with powder and the numbness of his digits was becoming rumour on the deck.

It made him wonder what would kill him first: the Wight’s disease, a mutiny when his guard was down, or whatever hell the waters had in store nowadays. While he would never admit it out loud, the Armadas were not his first choice for refuge. His plan was to keep to himself, but an old deck of cards could only play solitary so many times before one started to lose their mind.
There had to be a source, the spark that started the fire- but where was it?

Despite Connor’s better judgment, his naïve hopefulness still stood strong as his foundation. When the gods first left and everything went sour, news spread faster than one could process. Laying idle was to wait for death so Connor gathered his gear and searched for answers. It wasn’t long until he was grasping at straws, ever lead ending with more questions. The unfamiliar overwhelmed his mind with information enough to fill a library of books.

Books that no one would read.

Books that would never end.

Book that he’d never get a chance to write.
Like a drop in the ocean, another soul added to the many that lingered in the realm. It was here in the desert though, that the ghost of a man found someone he could talk to. They came in the form of a worn and wandering Animancer bearing a face once familiar. The caparii had been traveling alone till now but he didn’t seem to mind Connor’s company- even if it meant repeating conversations for a memory that never held onto them. Likewise, the ghost continued to follow him on his adventure. With the forgotten friend protecting him, he continued on until the day he could finally finish those books he longed for.

TidalTerror
Stella never quite understood the rumours when they started until she saw the devastation for herself. The chaos and destruction left her scared and alone.

Alone. She hated being alone.

Left without any guidance, the formist ran across foreign grounds until she came across a caravan. Within she found a group of Soolerans, as paranoid as herself it seemed, but they were stopped. It didn’t take long before she caught sight of a man bleeding out on the ground, surrounded by a distraught family. Dropping her bag to the ground she ran over to them as the glow of a purple thread came from her fingertip.

The sight was horrid, each breath from the man shakier than the last. Stella felt her stomach twist as she looked for the wound, the seconds spent never seeming to be just long enough. Then finally, she spotted it and with a practiced cast of her magic the bleeding stopped. Once he was stabilized she rose and looked to the Sools that were now thanking her. Stella ended up joining the group on their journey, offering assistance when she could and helping other caravans that they passed.

No matter what happened now, she knew she wasn’t facing it alone anymore.

Last edited:

AionTbird

Lord of Altera
Retired Staff
Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon with my two characters, had a blast writing these out. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Aimlessly wandering through bloodlust, Xozu had hoped the blood of the Butcher would prolong his life... oh how wrong he was. Long destroyed books surrounded him. A dilapidated ruin, some remnant of a library. His eyes were almost constantly in a state of crimson as the curse bled into the whites of his eyes, searching for those unfortunate enough to seek for knowledge in these echoing passageways. They were always met with the hafling. Another for the Butcher. Another for the belly. Nobody really knows why the halfling guards these ruined books. Perhaps he still clings to the divine who abandoned him.

Halvar always wanted to return to his home, the long forgotten land of Meermotte. The home of the Ashen Truth. The home he fled so many years ago. The old knight has his back pressed against a stony cliff as he bends the will of the spirits of his ancestors to cut down the undead that surround him. A hand still resting on the pommel of Dawnbreak, Halvar peers through the sweat-soaked hair that covers his eyes at the lumbering figures. There are... so many. Perhaps his ancestors will have his company sooner than he thought. He draws his blade, awaiting the fate that sought him.

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend
Gonna throw my girl Amnestria in this beech.

Long since the fall Amnestria succumbed to her greed, to her desire to change the world. The only thing that changed was herself. She became a plant like hive mind curropting and turning plants into a soilders to protect her fort of Meermotte. These beings where akin to the dead. Even in her lose of singular mind, she grew, and changed, and now lays rooted way before the ground commanding the destroyed earth around her.

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
Throws it on the pile

There was only so much to do, now that Altera had officially ended. Freia hadn't seen a soul in years, preferring to spend the rest of her miserable life without any distractions to her work. Her work, the only think that kept her from succumbing to The End. She poured her mind out into these pages, now, hoping someone, anyone, might see them. Hoping someone else would cling to hope as she does. Her memories were stores within these walls, memories of a better time, where the most trivial things were considered exciting and a laugh was commonplace. No more, though. No more could anyone live in peace, no more could any soul pass on. So she wrote. She wrote with hope for the future

Last edited:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The intense amount of love for this random project I began writing is beginning to weigh on my heart. Thank you all :heart: :heart: :heart: I love you all.

I promise I will attempt to create some manner of Forum Roleplay to DM an adventure in the Hallowworld setting once I have finished writing the lore =)

I have added The Dune locations!
Please forgive me if the Spanish is a bit off.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The Dunes are an expanding sandscape. I did not re-read my own lore to realise that New Veilmere and Hardanger are now covered in sand, so I added them to the Dune section too :)
Added Palmwood too. Will finish Hurr Nor and Crow's Perch later.

One big problem I am having is not actually knowing the names of locations. What is that fortress on the middle island by Palmwood and Hurr Nor called? :( It irks me.

I realise some of you want me to make something out of this =)

To DM some new characters for you to venture into Hallowworld with. I am humbled and thankful for all the inspiration! Yes, I can do that for you~
Hallowworld is a cruel and unforgiving setting. It focuses from its main inspiration of Dark Souls, thus anything I DM shall take heavy inspiration from Dark Souls. I have been thinking about the best way to do this and I think the best way would be to make it a forum experience. A writing challenge or ongoing written tale. Only then could I write all the descriptions for each dreary place, alongside lore on the items you encounter.

I have not yet thought up a combat system for how you shall fight enemies or, more importantly, bosses. But I shall in time.

Please bear with me for I do not wish to rush this :heart:

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
I think... all the locations I can do (without prompting to be told its actual name) are done!

Added the Broken South locations.

I also went back and renamed Eldpoint's Flooded Ruins to "Repose" and changed its lore slightly to give it more flavour, as it deserves such Map
I also added the Tilted Whale taproom! TagTeamChampion
I also added Alderwood Cove, as I forgot it before!

With all the locations now done, I will try and flesh out the factions more before beginning to plan how to best go about offering Roleplay for this setting, as some of you request =)

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Formerly Palmwood, the island of 'Poppy' is called such due to the wild, excessive growth of poppy flowers. The buildings from before the End were abandoned, though never destroyed, thus merely ruins of what they once were. The Botanical Palace, long aged from its glory days, has collapsed in some sections whilst its once cultivated plants overgrow in others. The only building that has remained fully intact after all this time is the lighthouse, which guides the Armada whom maintain it in passing during the winter months.

The reason this reasonably settable location has not been within the scope survivors to farm is because of what lays in hiding within the poppys... and the nearby homeland of the Bwabo.

Nobody remembers what Poppy used to be called.
Very cool to see a "post-apocalyptic" vision of Palmwood; ironic that it would be inhabited by savages and overgrown by poppy flower. Not something I can say I have considered before!

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Very cool to see a "post-apocalyptic" vision of Palmwood; ironic that it would be inhabited by savages and overgrown by poppy flower. Not something I can say I have considered before!
Thank you for the kind words! =)

I honestly really struggled to think of something intriguing without ruining more of the mystery. Since people wish to Roleplay in this setting, I shall reveal to you two things I also thought up but did not write down as I did not consider it interesting enough unless RP'ed as a tidbit:

-The Fae in the area are extinct or gone.
-There are monsters within the poppys, unique to that area due to the overbundance of poppys. It is why the Bwabo do not infest the island as they do potentially the others.
-The botanical palace will contain a boss if it is ever RP'ed at. I have not yet decided what manner of creature or person, but it is a unique place on the server that I refuse to ignore. It holds significance within my heart so it shall be written with passion.

I am very sad the Gala never came to be, which I was reminded of when I searched for the Palmwood page when writing this.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Ruined Botanical Palace gives me "Sierra Madre" vibes, from Fallout: New Vegas.

I am very sad the Gala never came to be, which I was reminded of when I searched for the Palmwood page when writing this.
I don't even remember what happened that necessitated it be cancelled. Someday I will make the time to throw a great bash within those walls.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
A little more progress~

The Armada Lore and Remnant Code added.
The Ministry lore added too.