Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Concept Hallowworld [Grimdark AU]

Reedie

The wrong.
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Reedie_
Reedie_
Legend
This is what I get for sticking with Eldpoint. Thanks Mapboy. You got us killed in the HallowWorld AU.
Anytime, glad to be of service.

P.S. your wolf statue would probably still be sticking out in dilapidated form since it's on a mountain

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Still working on this in my free time =)

I have updated the second post with the fates (and new names) of the Flooded Land locations, such as Storm's Landing (Skraag's Landing now), Nid Arach (Calamity Fortress) and Mockingbay (Marsh).

Edit: I also had to replace the paragrapth dividers, since the Dark Souls one decided to break for no reason.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Embarrassingly, I believed that the Eastern Continent was actually WEST of the Northern Kingdoms when I started this. Thankfully, the truth just gave me an opportunity to make this AU far more dark, as I now added that the Great Flood of Undeath invaded both coastlines-- both west and east. Now the Eeerie is covered in undead too~!

Also, added four new locations in the Hellscape!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Tylla and her kin probably would fare well, being fairly competent nomads. Theo and whatever is left of the Asrakosians are probably stuck in the Sanctuary sticking to their traditions as best as possible. I'll write something up maybe.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Added nine more locations =)
The Theatre and Blightlands locations completed.

Renamed "Deadlands" to "Blightlands," due to people changing what the locale was called IC. I prefer Blightlands, personally.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
GrimdarkCymic.png

The undead that roam were no unfamiliar sight. The first few years would be taken fighting the undead from the walls of Halbed. Laughter, drinks, and merriment as each wave of Undead were scattered across the snowy outskirts of the great walls. The people of Halbed celebrated every night, the strung lanterns lit until dawn. This, tied with the increasing cold simply drained the city of it's little resources until there was not a crumb nor a drop left. The Sangrian fleet drifted from the walls and found themselves lingering just east from Linlea's coast, to Ashna's dismay, Cymic liked to think. But there was no Linlea. Ruins and a broken Kingdom much like Halbed. He sets the spyglass down and ponders that if the exalt of the grey lass could not steer away the undead that they were truly fucked. They drifted the seas with their excess supply of dry meats and old booze until there were nothing left. Ships drifted from his fleet to mesh with the Armada and the rest followed Cymic into a life of pirating and plundering ships of bone and wood for materials, souls, food and water.

Unanswered prayers brought laughter from the captain's quarters. Ships departing brought laughter. Thoughts of his friends brought laughter. Conspiracies and attempts to usurp him from the helm brought violent laughter. Hanged men from the lookout tower brought envy, maybe. With Jax forsaking the man, he carved his ink out and let it scab and scar.

The last time anyone ever saw him was the raid of Astrakahn. The last time anyone heard from the man was in story or tale. Cymic sailed into the coast and led an army inland toward the gates of Bol'tn'thar and never made it. Cymic drifted off to the east and starved with his raiders. Cymic laughed himself to death and his voice still rings out to those he loves. Cymic stumbled from the bow of his ship in a drunken fit and the water turned red where he fell. Or maybe Kethron turned him into a gem. All would be true ends to the men and women of Sangria, though which group Cymic had joined is anyone's guess. What is concrete is that the Armada has spotted a ship that still sails with the symbolics of the fallen kingdom, those aboard decorating the ship like they would a Sangrian home. It glows off the coast, laughter and the clink of drinks ringing from it. A slice of heaven away from hell.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Updated with more locations! :D
I really enjoyed writing Blackstone and Queensport's fates.

Added Eerie and The North locations.
Sorry Niarn - I turned your Ravenport into El Dorado.

Niarn

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Niarn
Niarn
Legend
Updated with more locations! :D
I really enjoyed writing Blackstone and Queensport's fates.

Added Eerie and The North locations.
Sorry Niarn - I turned your Ravenport into El Dorado.
Holy. I'm in love with that. I honestly am. If allowed, I would love to use some inspo from that. for the lore about Ravenport, If that won't ruin this whole concept thing, that is?

''The Frozen city'' El Dorado Hahaha'

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Holy. I'm in love with that. I honestly am. If allowed, I would love to use some inspo from that. for the lore about Ravenport, If that won't ruin this whole concept thing, that is?
Not at all. To be honest: because there is only a build thread about Ravenport and no actual lore I could reference, I just had to create something entirely different. Unreachable location = legend!

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
The Hollows locations added!

I am sad my Cyberpunk 2077 did not arrive and seem to be focusing hours upon hours into this writing project for sole enjoyment. Sorry :(

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Updated the thread quite a little. Nothing was added: instead, words were changed around to put more emphasis on the Realm ending in 'The End' rather than any particular reasoning for 'The End' taking place. 'Causes' of events were removed to add flair and mystery to why the Realm ended. Will add more things later, such as the sky having no stars and the remaining events. Nouns were also updated with the Eastern Continent being the Eastern Kingdoms as well as every coastline being flooded.

Life is brutual in this Hallowworld concept.
Not many people are alive. There are no major groups that reach thousands. That would take away from the point of this fan-fiction being the absolute 'end times' where everything is dying aside from monsters who, even after dying, simply become another form of monster for the living to contend with-- as nothing can truly die. Sorry Blorbis83 c: No legion of a thousand Astrokosians. The only groups that may have over a thousand members belonging to a singular culture are the Deep Dwarves, Soolerans and the Bwabo.

I am writing this as if these are major locations for a game, concepts of a lore in a world where people must compete to survive against impossible odds. It helps writing this way, as a based lore can help with writing further stories. As such... here is a singular tale now, a journal written by an unnamed, unaffiliated Remnant attempting to survive.

Found ink. Taght two read by seafairer. Sharpend wyvern feathr. Thoughts for another. Movin north-west. No food. Feet soaked. Elmentl moved hill paff

Shreeks. Hear it run hide. Dont let them catch or find you

off paff. Nightspwn huntin me. Movin north-east

SZombee skratchd leg

stars dont exist. Never seen them. They exist in storeies of forgotteen names, wispers of lost souls. The sky shaterd. All I know is dark clouds of day and Void of night. The thought of there being light at night shames me. Were they not affrid affraid? Light attraks. Mayb stars still there, knowin, blew out the kandle. There are no stars. Ive never seen 1.

Lost nightspwn. Dont know reejon. North go

old stahtyou. Cant spell. Know wrong. Big woolff. Vahlly looks safe. South-east is water rooun. Zombees plentea. Movin east.

vahlly not safe

What is a god? Like Mage but big? How many souls did gods konsuum two beekum god? Can I beekum god

Ruhop broke

water thinner now. Arrborri allmost got me

Elmentl thruhou a mountin at dragoon. Was funnee two see

had two kill a touchd today. Not happy

saved raht from hollowr. Dont bite. Now have pet raht

Lost. Movin north-west. Think I am in hartlands
taught raht trick
eats seeds and behrees

Met man today. Talkd about gods. He did not like idea of Mage but big did not understand did not get it. Crewsayder attaked me had two deffend myself. Hurts two walk, deep cut two side, hurtin lot. Cant stop. Movin north-west. No water. Got new sord from crewsayder

raht bit finger and ran intwo bush. Shreeks beeghan hid in bush wid raht. He she it knew beefour me

lost lot of blud

swahmmpuh swahmp swuhmp swammpuh swamph ???
water and mud and big trees and insekts
raht eat bugs two
Woonds infekted

Was found by earthspwn. Big walls. Cant speak their speak. One spoke to me in my languhwich languwij and said I heal and then go
I say thank you but the earthspwn dont like me
but do like pet raht
think earthspwn myght eat me

safe

Food is good walls are high and I watch earthspwn fight eachother four fun. Cant speak their speak but jestures work. They do not like me and like a god
I ask what gods is but they cant speak my speak
Boltinfarr is what they call this

legs work
beefour I leave I asked them to keep raht safe since they like raht and not me
They say yes and now raht eats good food beehind tall walls in safetea. Movin north along old paff

Zombees and big bats along paff. Whitespore fortriss along paff to east. Walk west. River stoppin north

miss raht.

Found Sool cahrahvan today. Traded old sord four good food. They go east back to Earthspwn in boltinfarr. Told them of big bats and they laugh at me. Ahhrahkian bats they said or something. They wanted two buy this payper and ink. I keep writin this is fun but ink will run out eventu
Sool told me two go north two place called sanktuary. Movin north
They say paff lead to bad ruin

many trees. Must be careful of arrborri
feel scared

think I am being hunted. Can feel something. Hearin things. Is getting dark and I am scared

Attaked by something. Woman ghost, angry. Deffend wit sord but it dont hit just go thru. Layin and writin because I dont think Im goin to sirvive. North is sanktuary but bleedin two much. Lost sord in tryin two run. Is funnee that I run out of blud befour jar runs out of ink. Of all ruins roouns Ive seen of all hills and paffs there never runs out of blud. Two many souls of forgotteen names that reemembr stars and gods and are angry and attak me. I dont know much but I know ink is rare and raht is safe. I hope that you can read and go north two sanktuary where sool said two go because safe like raht beehind big walls and eat good food

listen four shreeks and hide or run. Stay back from tree might be arrbori. Do not let zombee bite or you beekum zombee. Aim four the head unless it angry ghost woman then sord does nothin and you juhsst die in forest like me. Gud luck in lif

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Watched Shenpai on Youtube play Dark Souls 3 and it inspired me to come back to this! I will certainly be adding more soon, I hope. For now:

I added Candlewood, Stirling Reserve and Amalfia to the locations list, if you can find them with their new names.
I am afraid I do not yet know enough about Drakenport to add it- I want to get it right. Sorry Retro :(

Once the locations are done, I focus more on the factions c:

Opal

Lord of Altera
Legend
Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
opal_frog
opal_frog
Legend
Luna - The Forgotten
A child waits in the ruins of the Pass’s mineshafts, hidden away from the roaming beasts by a network of narrow passageways she herself can barely fit through. She’s forgotten her family, her origins, everything but her name and a flickering hope that someone might just come back for her. Her only company subsists of a malnourished Skoll, One, whom she tries her very best to feed with the meager berry-bushes she’s managed to coax into living for a few days. The Outside is a foreign, terrifying place for her, one which she’s vowed never to venture to unless absolutely necessary. Etched into the walls of her home are thousands of markings, each one for another day survived. Reading a tattered, waterlogged storybook until she can recite the words by heart is her only comfort in this horrific world she was born into.

Maple - The Red Fury
A ruthless Mage who seems to delight in chaos and conflagration, defending her turf in Riverside with a passion not unlike the fires she starts with abandon. She has only one desire to use her newfound power for, however - protecting the little bubble she’s created for her lover and herself, their refuge from the outside world.

let’s be real, fi is too nice to survive five minutes in this au.

Last edited:

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Nobody enters the castle-- it is still filled with pre-apocalypse treasures, armour and luxury. Even the Mages of Harlow, however, leave the quiet castle be… for within, it is legend that the last Hawklight King still sits upon the throne, silent and waiting.
Lmao, sounds about right :D

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
Tol'lek - The Prophesier
This old moor mad mage claims to have predicted and lead the end, and he sees the world now as returned to what it is supposed to be, the natural state of order and balance to the world achieved. His end was met apon trying to burn down Skraag's landing only to be consumed by the Hoard, going out in style one could say.
Hellmann - The Lonely Lich
She often dwells near the calamity fortress, moving from body to body every couple years, comfortable around the undead, remembering all of the old world, wondering if she could have stopped him, immortal as she could be, the woman would find herself never satisfied, she misses what once was, her line, her family, and above all, 'her goddess'. She tells travellers of the old world, tales of yor and lore, guiding the innocent and weak through the fortress safely.