Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hannerhan's Application [Declined - Squidziod]

Hannerhan

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Hannerhan

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming; forcibly giving your character knowledge that one could only acquire through OOC events, whether subconsciously or consciously, ex: calling someone in a discord call for help or reading forbidden magic lore and giving your character such knowledge immediately in game. Powergaming; forcing yourself unto another's characters actions and using emotes as a method to dictate their fate without allotting reaction time.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14

8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm 15 Years old from Sask, Canada. I play sports such as hockey and baseball and I spend my free time hanging out with my friends and playing with my dog. I just recently got back in to Minecraft and I have been looking for a roleplay server.
9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No I do not sadly.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
no

About Your Character!

Humphrey Finklestone , A dwarve with a loving family exiled from their kingdom. They now live in a small human village always being looked down on because of their race. When Humphrey was little his father crafted him a small wooden bow with tiny sticks as practice arrows, Humphrey loved it and would continue to play with that and practice with it for his entire childhood. He wasn't sure what was to come with his tiny little bow all that he knew was that it was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

When he was twelve he received a small hunting bow as a gift from an expert craftsman in the village. When he stepped outside of the craftsmans house he faintly saw a rabbit running along the outside of the village, He scampered towards the rabbit with his small bow, silently tip toeing towards it. He aimed his bow and arrow at the innocent rabbit as he pulled the arrowed back and made the string stretch... his sister yelled at him from a distance. The arrowed whizzed right past the rabbits head. It fled back into the woods frantically. He was scolded by his sister but then when he had returned home his parents were quite pleased that he had a bow and could hunt for food with. His sister was very upset by this a stormed out of the house.

As Sheldon grew older he began to hunt for bigger game and wanted more adventure in his life so he set out for the for the land of Altera. It was a long journey from where his home was, he met many people along the way, most of them were astound by how good he was with his bow and arrow as a dwarf. But his journey soon came to an end as he had finally reached the lands of Altera.

Character Name:
Humphrey Finklestone

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarvish

Appearance:
Blonde Hair
Brown eyes
Skin tone: White
4' 7"

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
1534968692808.png

Written Test!

Humphrey Finklestone , A dwarve with a loving family exiled from their kingdom. They now live in a small human village always being looked down on because of their race. When Humphrey was little his father crafted him a small wooden bow with tiny sticks as practice arrows, Humphrey loved it and would continue to play with that and practice with it for his entire childhood. He wasn't sure what was to come with his tiny little bow all that he knew was that it was the best thing that had ever happened to him.

When he was twelve he received a small hunting bow as a gift from an expert craftsman in the village. When he stepped outside of the craftsmans house he faintly saw a rabbit running along the outside of the village, He scampered towards the rabbit with his small bow, silently tip toeing towards it. He aimed his bow and arrow at the innocent rabbit as he pulled the arrowed back and made the string stretch... his sister yelled at him from a distance. The arrowed whizzed right past the rabbits head. It fled back into the woods frantically. He was scolded by his sister but then when he had returned home his parents were quite pleased that he had a bow and could hunt for food with. His sister was very upset by this a stormed out of the house.

As Sheldon grew older he began to hunt for bigger game and wanted more adventure in his life so he set out for the for the land of Altera. It was a long journey from where his home was, he met many people along the way, most of them were astound by how good he was with his bow and arrow as a dwarf. But his journey soon came to an end as he had finally reached the lands of Altera.
(sorry if this isn't enough but im not a writer and there is no way of me writing a 400 word backstory.)

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying to Hollowworld! Your application is looking pretty good so far, but before we continue there are a few things that I'd like you to look at first:
  • I know you're not a writer, but your story is still short (316/400 words). I bet you anything that you can manage to think up another 84 words, and with what you have so far being so promising, I'd say it would be shame if you didn't try.
  • I can't tell from your story the quality of the bow your character has--but given that it comes from an 'expert craftsman'--I think it's appropriate to mention that your character can not start with a masterwork bow. Starting gear and skills are limited to novice level.
And that's it! Easy enough, I'd say. Once you've made the proper amendments, please post here and I'll take a second look then. Thank you!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Something else that came to my attention, just earlier this morning. Your meta and powergaming definitions are plagiarized--which is entirely unacceptable.

In addition to the above points that need to be addressed, please re-write them, and they need to be in your own words this time. Thank you.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'm sorry, but this application is being declined for inactivity. You are welcome to reapply, but please take the above into consideration. Thank you!