Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Harvesting Beta Feedback Thread

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Hey fellas,
This is for feedback and bug reporting for the harvesting plugin beta phase. I'm particularly interested in the following:

• Do nodes feel common enough to find by exploring without being tedious?
  • Do any nodes give a successful harvest message but don't drop anything?
If you do find a bug, please include a brief description of what you did to find it, and what outputs (if any) the commands gave.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
I feel like some areas the Nodes are very abundant, and then in other places there will be none at all. Maybe im just crazy

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
Stumbled into an 'internal error' when trying to harvest things. After some experimenting I believe it occurs when you try to harvest something that your specialization is set to, as switching specialization to something else and then trying to harvest it will cause it to work(gatherers can't gather, miners can't mine. Tested it with both)

Also the /harvest level command is an admin only command, and normal players don't have the perms to use it. Missing permission: hollowHarvest.admin

Last edited:

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
I've run into similar issues as Sus, It seems I can only gather stone and ores with the skillset of Gather, while Mining cannot gathering such items.

When I had the Gathering Skillset:
Gathering test.png

Mining Skillset:
Mining Test.png

I have not tried the butchering one out because I have not found an animal node. Well that's all for bugs.

EDIT: After further testing you can harvest berries from the Gathering Skillset. However this is the only one that I've seen.

When I first started to look for nodes I tried up North, however I spent around 15 minutes wandering over the mountains in search of a node. I didn't find any up North, whether that be because the snow helped obscure the nodes I don't know. However when I got down South out of the snow I located a lot of mining nodes in mountains and hills, I also found a few gathering nodes around this area as well. Overall I'm excited for the plugin and the potential it has, I'm looking forward to having this smoothed out and working properly.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
As just a suggestion for oceans and lakes alike. Resources from bodies of water. Like seakelp, whales and pearls.

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Stumbled into an 'internal error' when trying to harvest things. After some experimenting I believe it occurs when you try to harvest something that your specialization is set to, as switching specialization to something else and then trying to harvest it will cause it to work(gatherers can't gather, miners can't mine. Tested it with both)

Also the /harvest level command is an admin only command, and normal players don't have the perms to use it. Missing permission: hollowHarvest.admin
There's a bug where it tries to drop no items if you're specialized, it'll work after the next restart.

For node density, I think it's mostly a factor of where they can spawn. Metals are all on stone, which is relatively rare/condensed, whereas plants can spawn on any snow/grass/sand block.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
I feel like harvesting node exhaustion should be client-based(Node is only exhausted for you.) in designated regions at least. In this way there would more emphasis on having more player characters in a region.

Brown

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
They/Them
Doctor_Brown
Doctor_Brown
Now knowing that nodes do not disappear if they are exhausted by another player, I am still left with feeling there should be more around. So I will agree with Retro and add my own two cents: nodes need to be more prevalent. If I am flying around for an hour in 3 different locations across the map and maybe finding 5 nodes, I don't see how searching and gathering and harvesting is at all feasible for someone without fly. In order to test crafting and harvesting proper I wanted to forge something basic and look for materials 100% IC. After the first hour I gave up on walking because there was just no way I could find anything in any reasonable amount of time.

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Perhaps slow down a bit for your comp to spawn in the nodes? I havn't had any particular trouble finding nodes myself. Just to note, I do not believe they spawn in claimed plots.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Perhaps slow down a bit for your comp to spawn in the nodes? I havn't had any particular trouble finding nodes myself. Just to note, I do not believe they spawn in claimed plots.
They spawn in high amounts near spawn and such but the further you go from there the less there are. I flew around for ages in the north and didn’t find a single one.

Galaxy

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Hero
Staff
uhavebeengalaxyd
uhavebeengalaxyd
Hero
They spawn in high amounts near spawn and such but the further you go from there the less there are. I flew around for ages in the north and didn’t find a single one.
i've searched a ton through different kinds of biomes and regions and stuff, and i've found they've mostly only spawned near mountains down below Eldpoint. I haven't found any up north or in the desert, and none in the places in the swamp I was looking.

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
I also agree with the what has been said above, either they arent spawning enough, or they arent distributed enough.

I also think that the system with a 24 hour cooldown, in regards to changing cards with your skills is flawed. I understand the purposed behind it, but when you switch between 3 characters like I do, (And others have way more than me), you will end up never being able to use your skill.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I think the round 2 with fixed spawn rates is still generating - the server doesn't go down for it, so certain areas probably don't have anything because they literally do not yet.

Might be wrong Lannis.

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
Harvesting spirit's wail plants seems to be broken now, there's not secondary message and nothing drops but the node disappears.

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Harvesting spirit's wail plants seems to be broken now, there's not secondary message and nothing drops but the node disappears.
Can confirm this, I had this happen to me earlier and believed I was being a complete fool. Thank you Suss for bringing sanity to me :heart:

Lovelyninja567

Ur mom
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her
lovelyninja567
lovelyninja567
Legend
It's not just Spirit's Wail, it's quite a few of the items above a novice level.

Omen13

IRL Visage Worshipper
No server-side complaints here.

(I don’t think anyone should be flying around and harvesting nodes, personally.)

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
(I don’t think anyone should be flying around and harvesting nodes, personally.)
Staff mentioned in the Discord that they're monitoring this and harsh punishments will be handed out if you are caught.

Lannis

Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
Can confirm this, I had this happen to me earlier and believed I was being a complete fool. Thank you Suss for bringing sanity to me :heart:
Should be fixed on the next restart.