Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Hasty Poster

Laruza

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
She/Her
LaruzaSu
LaruzaSu
Patron
(!) The handwriting is messy, as if written with haste or by a person with a worse grasp of writing. Some mistakes have just been crudely written over.

Announcement of Vyre research!

People of the Landing! Just like many of you, I have noticed the seemingly increasing number of Vyres in our city. Just like you, I am worried.

I have decided to take it upon myself to start researching Vyres and their weaknesses. Naturally I must keep myself anonymous, so the Vyres won’t come after me!
To dedicate myself to my research, I accept any and all donations. Money, items, and information. Everything! Just address it to my alias at the post office and I will receive it.

I will keep updating you, the people of the Landing, with my research. I will accept leads about possible Vyres.

Vyre Lore I

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Vyre's sense of smell seems to be exceptional. This means they can easily locate blood and strong smells seem to irritate them and even completely drive the away.
This means one can use strong smelling things such as garlic to protect themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vyres seem to have a particular allure to the color red. I theorize this is an instinct to locate blood. I find you can momentarily distract a Vyre by waving something red around.

It seems that the flesh and blood of the young is the most preferred meal for a Vyre. The older the person, the less they seem to have interest.
I have a theory young blood helps in keeping the Vyre young. Researching this will understandably take a long time, however.

Vyres seem to be weak to salt water and it will sizzle off their skin and cause them painful rashes. This leads me to theorize salt water could be used to cure or kill a Vyre.

Vyre Enthusiast

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
*A note laid stuck on with something sticky to the notice*
"I heard Vyres like treasure, If they touch anything of value they fall in love for some stupid reason, stay away from my treasure!. - Captain Blackjammer"

Last edited:

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
[!] Another note! written in careful handwriting. No signature

{!} I think you're forgetting that killing a vyre is the same as killing a person. It is strange that you make no move to encourage NOT killing vyres, but instead research ways to hurt and kill them

Last edited:

UmberFright

Legend of Altera
Legend
Blessed
Pronouns
They/Them
To_Your_Witcher
To_Your_Witcher
Legend

A Vyre's sense of smell seems to be exceptional. This means they can easily locate blood and strong smells seem to irritate them and even completely drive the away.
This means one can use strong smelling things such as garlic to protect themselves.

[!] A reply is made to add further detail or correction.
"To contribute I shall say with proven fact that if a being eats much garlic it wards off a vyre from consuming their blood."

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
An effort is made to tear down the posters. Though probably could not do it for all of them. Someone wasnt pleased with them.

Adam/Byrne

Adam
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Byrne_Nisovin
Byrne_Nisovin
Legend
*A new notice is posted on the board*

OI! WHOEVER TOOK DOWN THE TRUTH IS IN REAL FUCKIN TROUBLE, VYRES ARE WEAK TO ICE IRON - CAPTAIN BLACKJAMMER

TagTeamChampion

Metaiyyehmorphosis Master
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
TagTeamChampion
TagTeamChampion
Legend
*Any posters in the Tilted Whale and Anchor Taproom are torn down by Ruvan, grumbling to himself as he uses one to blow his nose.*

Laruza

Lord of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
She/Her
LaruzaSu
LaruzaSu
Patron
(!) The handwriting is a bit messy, as if written with haste or by a person with a worse grasp of writing.

Vyre Research II

I have returned with my second report of Vyre research. First however, I’d like to address the response to my posters.

Captain Blackjammer:

I thank you for your interest in my efforts and I appreciate your theory submissions. I will keep them in mind as I continue my research.

To the anonymous Vyre sympathizer:

I think it is noble of you to remind us of the semi-human-like nature of Vyres. I absolutely do not advocate for mindless murder. We do not want to be like them, after all.
I do however hold the fear that every Vyre, no matter how well-mannered and peaceful seeming, will eventually bring a threat to us mortals around them.
Perhaps this topic will require further discussion.

To the anonymous helper:

Thank you for your addition to my discovery. I will look into the advantages of garlic more in my upcoming research projects.

Vyre Lore II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have made the observation that Vyres do not seem to have natural body odor. I wonder if this has something to do with their unnatural nature.
Perhaps not smelling like anything helps them hunt too. They can, however, absorb the smell of the person they drink from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Vyre’s eyes often appear bloodshot, and it seems that the effect only gets stronger as they grow hungrier.

There seem to be multiple types of Vyres. I have yet to research this more.

Lastly, I’d like to address the attempt to silence me by ripping down my posters.
This is a clear sign someone or something doesn’t want me spreading the enlightenment of knowledge!
This, of course, fills me with worry but I will not let it discourage me.
The people deserve to sleep safe! I encourage others to not give up either!

Vyre Enthusiast

TheDuples

Lord of Altera
*A note is pasted onto the corner of one of the posters*

While I admire your efforts to cure the Vyre disease, facts can only be determined through direct interaction. Much of your notes read like wild conjecture.

Retro

Lord of Altera
Patron
Retired Staff
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
A small drawing is left. It is in annoyance over the continued posters:
"> : ("

The boards near the SL tavern are then paid closer attention to - Let me know if you want to get this rp'd.