Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Herickin's Application [Approved - Wake]

Herickin

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Herickin

2. How old are you?
I am currently 20 years old.

3. What country are you from? What is your timezone?
I reside in South Africa. Time zone is GMT+2

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have read all three, yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming: The act of saying that your character's action is successful without giving the other player a chance to counter or react to the performed action.
Metagaming: The act of using outside knowledge to gain an advantage in a role-playing situation.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, not at all.

7. Tell us about yourself! Do you have any examples of your work?
My favorite types of games are RPG games like Witcher and Skyrim, along with some indie games that I enjoy. I generally enjoy most types of music but I do enjoy folk songs the most. I am currently studying Film and Television along with a major in Sound Design at a film school. I have a 3 year old border collie currently that keeps me up late with his shenanigans. I don't really have any work to show as I jump on minecraft once every few months and just play in survival for as long as I can.

8. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Yes, my one friend recently remembered this server from when he played it years ago and said we should try it out.

Current Setting of the Server:

The lands of Altera have long been laced with upheaval, supernatural turmoil that would threaten to shatter the realm or tear it asunder. Long, have the peoples of Altera withstood these tribulations, overcoming and persevering through the generations. Only too recently, have they settled the ire of Titans and Gods. Though the days were dark and long, the realm did survive, through tenacity and reverence. The memories of their trials behind them still fresh, the realm sits in a state of unease and angst . . . with eyes on the horizon.

In the skies above, the stars flicker and burn across the auburn colors of the setting sun, streaks of color in the gathering dark. The Realm of Altera awaits . . .

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Character Name:
Faelenas Virhylan

Character Age:
Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Faelenas has a dark brown hair color with grey eyes peeking out from underneath his hair. His skin is slightly tanned from living in the wild but spends most of his time in the denser parts of the wilds. The clothes he wears is made from a boar pelt, along with foliage that he gathered.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
Faelanas.png

Written Test!
Faelenas Virhylan grew up in an isolated forest in Altera where wild animals are prominent and other civilizations are far distances away. Growing up, Fae displayed a variety of skills that he needed for survival and he impressed even the most talented of hunters in his tribe. As Fae grew up he decided that he wanted to explore the rest of the world he knows so little about. Fae’s parents knew he could take care of himself and they thought him blessed by the Goddess, Theodra, they happily gave him permission to explore uncharted lands on his own.

At first, Fae stuck to the forest for his food and supplies but it wasn’t long before he started to spot small towns that border these forests. He stayed clear of them but this did not stop his curiosity. The people of the town would regularly go into the forest for food and supplies. Fae would keep a close eye on them as they passed his hiding spot. He started seeing the strangely different ways that these townsfolk would hunt and forage compared to what he knew. One day when the townsfolk started heading back to the town after their hunt, he decided he would reveal himself to them.

Making sure he looked harmless and friendly, he greeted one of the hunters. Fae, still being skeptical of these people, stood there with his hand ready to go to his weapon at any moment before he realised that they are no threat to him. The hunters happily greeted him and took him to the local tavern. Fae was a bit aghast with all the people that suddenly wanted to make his acquaintance but started making friends quickly. After drinking and laughing the night away, he slept soundly in a bed that was offered to him.

The next day, he told the people of the town of his plan to explore areas that he is unfamiliar with. Several people handed him maps and gave him directions to local settlements that would gladly give him a warm meal and bed. Fae thanked them and went on his way.

Before he heads off to the different settlements, he stops once more in his hiding place in the woods to gather all of his gear and supplies. A snap of a twig suddenly alerts Fae and he jolts back with his weapon at the ready. Fae lowers his weapon instantly when he sees what made the sound. A wolf slowly limps towards him with an arrow in his back. The wolf rests his head on Fae’s leg. Fae decides he won’t go anywhere until this creature is fully healed. This is exactly what he did. Fae and his new wolf companion, that he dubbed Vallin, headed off into the unknown...

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hello Herickin =)
I am glad your friend suggested you here! Sadly, I have no advice on how to calm a Border Collie. They are supposed to get calmer with age, but given they were bred to aid farmers in rounding livestock, I do not think he will ever run out of energy fully~

Nothing wrong with your application! From an outside prospective, you would not know this and I cannot fault you for this. Most civilizations, even tribes, live on the Eastern Continent with the few exceptions of lairs and dungeons being within the Sorrows. It is very unlikely Faelenas's tribe would be unaware of the outside world or even be lacking in maps of the Eastern Continent. It is more likely that Fae had a sheltered upbringing and is unaware of the outside world (much more common as a background).

I will try and find you a wolf OOCly so that I can give to you when you join, so that you may have Vallin with you on this new journey =)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "Mentor." I'm here to help.