Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

HollowCrafting: Grandfathering (Professions)

Retro

Loyal Servant of Altera
Patron
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
Profile: Bok'ra [I haven't updated the profile in quite some time. It is a wip.]
2nd specialization: Siege Engineering [Alike Sussurous' post. Bok'ra is more inclined to trap-making, hence I was hesitant about making this at first.]
Experience: 8+ months. Approx date: 2019 25th of November
Examples:
Construction of bwabo stone huts
Started during his time in the bwabo tribes. Completing pitfall traps with sharpened sticks, etched with poison tipping
Constructed several traps, supports, rooms and palisades in [Nid arach] during the time of the Arachian lord
Helped construct [Old-ralidor] along with its traps within
Construction of several shrines and traps spread around the eastern kingdom
Oversees and helps with the construction in [New Soolera]
The construction of the genesis chamber [Jishrim temple]
Construction of a church in the Garden of Jishrim

I'm not wholly certain how to input weaving, since I've already been tending to it post-haste.

Last edited:

Crusader_Of_Man

Loyal Servant of Altera
Legend
Crusader_of_Man
Crusader_of_Man
Legend
-Character name
Leonhardt Ironwood or Von Drachenhort.)
The Lion
-Link to profile
X
-Specialization 1 Armour Smithing
--Approx. date started roughly April 2020
-Specialization 2 (if relevant) Blade Smithing
--Approx. date started September 2020

He's been an avid tinkerer for repairing armour and retrofitting old pieces into higher quality ones, but is by no menas an expert on the trade. In terms of swordsmiothing, it would be more of a hobby like carving, except he has a bit more of a grasp of keeping blades at a fine sharpness and quality. Less expertise than armour smithing.

GhostKairo

yuh
Staff
GhostKairo
GhostKairo
Hero
-Character name: Raigo Tideborne
-Link to profile: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/raigo-tideborne.46873/
-Specialization 1: Bowyer
--Approx. date started: 2013-2014
  • Retrofitting and maintenance of the warship The Maelstrom - Currently berthed at Palmwood
  • Maintenance of the sloop The Timeskipper (Old Map)
  • Wrighting of the sloop The Black Cat (Old Map)
  • Wrighting of an unnamed Brig (OOC location of the Cutthroat Cove build)
  • Maintenance of an unnamed Astremian Schooner - Currently berthed at Astrum Island
  • Maintenance of the galleon The Eventide - Currently berthed at Linistel
  • Wrighting of his current project The All For Naught (OOC location in Creative 1)
  • Misc carpentry and ship maintenance of other vessels throughout his years.
  • Assistance with Tideborne's aforementioned projects
  • Supplied the crew with crossbows, truncheons, weapon hafts, bows, training swords, etc. over the years
  • Maintenance of the scorpios and ballistae aboard the Eventide
  • Maintenance of Cutthroat Cove, back in the old world
  • Crafted a heater shield as a gift to Connor Hayden
A lot of his experience is quite general, so I'm not sure if he's skilled enough to be 'specialized' in crafting bows, but he is a proficient carpenter.

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Server Owner
-Character name: Edger Kress
-Link to profile [X] Haven't updated it in a long while. Created in November of 2016
-Specialization 1: Bladesmith
--Approx. date started : Around December 2016.
-Specialization 2: Armoursmith
--Approx. date started : Around December 2016

Shop: Silver Moon Forge [X]

-Character name: Jerr'co of Hakiaz
-Link to profile: {X}
--Approx. date started: Once he reached adulthood. So somewhere around late 2017.
-Specialization 2:Tanning
--Approx. date started: Similar to his bowyer skills so late 2017.

-Character name: Ventare Seymour
-Link to profile:
-Specialization 1: Blade Smith
--Approx. date started: Sometime in 2017 constantly mentored by Thordil
-Specialization 2: Armour Smith
--Approx. date started: Sometime in 2017 constantly mentored by Thordil

I couldn't find character cards for you guys on "edouard2000," "the_tottot," and "shaolinpunk" respectively. Please make one or point me to the right account, and I'll sort it. Otherwise, everyone else on here should be good.

Edouard2000

Lord of Altera
I couldn't find character cards for you guys on "edouard2000," "the_tottot," and "shaolinpunk" respectively. Please make one or point me to the right account, and I'll sort it. Otherwise, everyone else on here should be good.
Account is on Klyptokicks, very sorry for the inconvenience.

Shao

Bring back angry react
Should be a Ventare Seymour card now

Pandora12Q

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Pan_12Q
Pan_12Q
Blessed
-Character name: Isaac Dunrad
-Link to profile [ X ]
-Specialization 1: Siege Engineer
--Approx. date started Roughly 2017-2018 years ago, Isaac was making odd bits and bobs for different groups he was a part of from his creation- this includes at one point owning a region focused on ships for Artois and the siege weapons mounted upon them.
Three ships, each with Scorpions, Ballista and one with a Trebuchet (ignoring the ships as his ship wright career was 3 boats and the siege weapons and blade smithing were bigger parts of the character

-Specialization 2 (if relevant) Smithing- Bladesmith
--Approx. A touch later than his siege engineering, when he joined Artois proper, accounting for absences roughly 1 year
while never a core focus Isaac made use of forges when in down time making himself basic weaponry to aid in his life.

Last edited:

tyufiire7

Loyal Servant of Altera
Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
Character name - Umbra De Noctis
-Link to profile:[X]
-Specialization 1 - Weaving
--Approx. date started
July 2020, he has been taught by his mother to make his own clothes and repair his clothes.
He has made his robes, cloaks, and pants.
He has 3 robes, 3 cloaks, and about 6 pair of pants
-Specialization 2 (if relevant) Bladesmith
--Approx. date started August, 2020.
He started making shortswords and spears of low quality in Astrum, but began honing
He began buying higher quality ores in December to practice more.
He has made a few spears and short swords.
He is on course to make Irzis-Fyr Dagger (Once my cooldown is up)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Character name : Kublai Kulligar
Link to profile: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/frostwarted-headmaster-kublai.36213/ More recently, this one: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/post-soj-elder-kublai-kulligar.49842/
In short: He's always been a carpenter from day one (early 2016) and has always practiced the craft. After a while, he also did a fair few bows and weapons and later on upgraded to siege engines.

--Approx. date started: 26th of February, 2016 (he opened his first shop there in Queen's Port)
  • He's done a whole lot of furniture as carpenter for Queen Ciaria back in the day
  • Made 2 violins
  • Made 3 crossbows
  • Made 2 bows
  • Crafted a dark-oak staff
More recently, he had a shop that opened early May 2020: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/halbed-kublais-carpentry-weaponry.49192/
  • Had an apprentice who he taught how to make crossbows
  • First Commission: Heavy Crossbow & Heavy Crossbow & Heavy Crossbow & Custom Crossbow & Big Round Shield
  • Second Commission: Custom Dwarven Shield & Spear
  • Third Commission: Heavy Crossbow
  • Fourth Commission: Pillory: top and bottom
  • Sixth Commission: Decorative Studded Club
  • Seventh Commission: Medium Crossbow
-Specialization 2 Siege Engineer
--Approx. date started: 11th of February 2018 (he finished his first siege engine as commission from Dum'Ni)
  • Fifth Commission: 4 Ballistae with 12 bolts & 6 Scorpios with 24 bolts
  • Created tower-mounted mangonels in preparation for Kharuz-Korums defenses, but they were never put into place as the towers were never made.
  • Built 2 trebuchets, one as an experiment, another as a commission for Dum'ni.

Last edited:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Server Owner
All are done. Sorry for the fellas from a while back, I missed them at the time.

Sybbyl

Lord of Altera
Blessed
Sybbyl
Sybbyl
Blessed
Dorothy Plug

A link to her profile

~ Smithing ~

--Approx. date started: 2016-2017, in character year 2259 when she was in her teens to twenties. She started in her teens and by the time she was in her 20s to 30s she was much better at it and able to create relatively nice looking things, she never really made weapons or tools, only decorative artistic creations. Specifically skeletal shapes like skulls & bones, from metal and glass.

A link to her blessed/unblessed profile, in which you can find recordings of a few of the things she made in the past. She mostly actually did glassblowing, but used smithing as well to create decorative metal statues.
Making smithing the most relevant choice for her skillset

For ease of reading, I've screenshotted the sections that mention the two to three main portions where it mentions her crafts:
[The images are a bit large.. sorry]
1632016528074.png

1632016550627.png

1632016565745.png

Dorothy would often create glass statuettes as decorative pieces for Skraag or religion related purposes. She also created two life-sized statues of Skraag's minions [back then, they were basically wither skeletons] which "stood guard" at the temple she ran back then.

Since crafting wasn't a huge thing back in that time on HW, since we couldn't make custom items at all, there isn't a whole lot of forums related proof of her exploits. A lot of it was just done in RP and we'd just describe the items we have.

She also made a glass skull necklace.. which later got used by a cult as a holy item :thonk: [;_; nicked my necklace..]

Planning on doing similar things, but being able to make custom items like this with the plugin would make it way more fun : D