Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

HollowWorld Economy Information

Re: Black Market: Staff won't confiscate any unusual items ranging from before rules tightened and things were weird unless they're actually dangerous OOCly, such as silverfish blocks. That's vanilla items only, of course - having a legacy lore item is something you should discuss with the lore team to determine if you can keep it or not. Things like endstone, player heads, etc are fine. Cocoa blocks are a bit of a weird one since they were given out as prizes during Fairgrounds events.
Thanks for the update Baron. I'll make changes to the original post to reflect this clarification.

Also, player and mob heads are obtainable and thus are no longer considered "black market"

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Re: Legacy Lore Items!

A long time ago when the moon broke and the Goddess of Magic vanished, a barrier formed between WhereMagicCameFrom and the Alteran Overworld, causing magic to go kaput. The mages of today are the few who either learned from someone who figured it out, or figured out how to access their magic through the barrier. Similarly, all magical items lost their power.
So this is how what was once an "Orb of Transformation" is simply an "Ancient Orb" today, and what was once some object that could fix your injuries is today just a relic. In that sense, all old lorebeaky items suddenly fit very nicely in the lore and are 100% OK to keep! :D

/loremaster out

A long time ago when the moon broke and the Goddess of Magic vanished, a barrier formed between WhereMagicCameFrom and the Alteran Overworld, causing magic to go kaput. The mages of today are the few who either learned from someone who figured it out, or figured out how to access their magic through the barrier. Similarly, all magical items lost their power.
So this is how what was once an "Orb of Transformation" is simply an "Ancient Orb" today, and what was once some object that could fix your injuries is today just a relic. In that sense, all old lorebeaky items suddenly fit very nicely in the lore and are 100% OK to keep! :D

/loremaster out
Thanks for this update as well. When I get time, I'll add this language to the original post. :)

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff

/loremaster out
I was thinking specifically of items that slipped through the cracks of the new system - for example, during the Gods campaign I came to find myself in the ownership of a god killing arrow that was presumed gone, leading to the owner being given a second one to replace it. I told you lore guys and threw it in a fire when it was realized to be an item that shouldn't still exist.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I was thinking specifically of items that slipped through the cracks of the new system - for example, during the Gods campaign I came to find myself in the ownership of a god killing arrow that was presumed gone, leading to the owner being given a second one to replace it. I told you lore guys and threw it in a fire when it was realized to be an item that shouldn't still exist.
Fah, those darn divine artifacts sneakin away on me!

You can find the artifacts here, though: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/divine-artifacts.30228/

Dirt prices have been rising recently due to the new podzol shop in addition to a lot more demand. Prices were at about 9 per stack, but expect to pay more. Quartz is still a good way to make money, and book-and-quills are also in high demand in low supply.

Gold, iron, diamonds, coal, and lapis are all steady.

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Dirt prices have been rising recently due to the new podzol shop in addition to a lot more demand. Prices were at about 9 per stack, but expect to pay more. Quartz is still a good way to make money, and book-and-quills are also in high demand in low supply.

Gold, iron, diamonds, coal, and lapis are all steady.
Mmm podzol

Quartz supply is still down, I'm hearing three or four parties looking for bulk quartz. Gold prices seem to be going up after what I'd call a "correction", because gold was selling too low. Diamond prices also seem to be going up slightly, with shopkeepers in Tambry removing shops entirely or flirting with 100r per diamond.

Oak log prices seemed to have dropped down to 64-100 per stack, whereas before it was closer to 100-128 (or more).

Most of the places to sell your things to chestshops have been removed after one many instances of people abusing it. People are still buying things but seem more eager to sell to pay for new or new-ish regions.

Dirt prices did not go up as predicted, probably because of the sheer ease in getting dirt quickly.

The new sorrows made things like red sand and colored clay easier to get, dropping the prices.

Witnessed a few quartz trades where prices came back down to earth. 2-3 rads per block as opposed to 5-6. Diamond prices still seem to climb.

Dirt prices have doubled recently due to high demand and low supply.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Quartz supply is still down, I'm hearing three or four parties looking for bulk quartz. Gold prices seem to be going up after what I'd call a "correction", because gold was selling too low. Diamond prices also seem to be going up slightly, with shopkeepers in Tambry removing shops entirely or flirting with 100r per diamond.

Oak log prices seemed to have dropped down to 64-100 per stack, whereas before it was closer to 100-128 (or more).

Most of the places to sell your things to chestshops have been removed after one many instances of people abusing it. People are still buying things but seem more eager to sell to pay for new or new-ish regions.

Dirt prices did not go up as predicted, probably because of the sheer ease in getting dirt quickly.

The new sorrows made things like red sand and colored clay easier to get, dropping the prices.
I might be willing to sell you some quartz.
You are probably better at selling it out than me, and I am a common gatherer of quartz.
We could make a deal?

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
I might be willing to sell you some quartz.
You are probably better at selling it out than me, and I am a common gatherer of quartz.
We could make a deal?
Just realised that this was the general economy and not your trading thread-
I am so sorry!

Witnessed a few quartz trades where prices came back down to earth. 2-3 rads per block as opposed to 5-6. Diamond prices still seem to climb.

Dirt prices have doubled recently due to high demand and low supply.
Also- I have bought nearly all quartz on market and I payed 5-7 rads per block on average. :p

Rosary_Omen

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Rosary_Omen
Rosary_Omen
Legend
Just realised that this was the general economy and not your trading thread-
I am so sorry!

Also- I have bought nearly all quartz on market and I payed 5-7 rads per block on average. :p
Does that mean my stacks of blocks finally sold?

Also woo, updated trade info :D

Updated (wow it's been so long since I've updated it). All the updates are in red (really good idea @Niek Morenta )

Biggest update: Diamond prices are on the rise!

Questions for diamond traders:
Do you have diamond supply?
What prices do you have it set?
Have you sold much at the price you set?
What prices have you sold them at recently?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Questions for diamond traders:
Do you have diamond supply?
What prices do you have it set?
Have you sold much at the price you set?
--What prices have you sold them at recently?
--It's smaller than it used to be, but yes.
--95r is what I aim for, but am open to haggling depending on how badly I want the extra rads.
--Some, but often end up going lower.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
I'd like to add my two bits as to what I've been seeing, given that I keep my ears to the ground fairly often and watch prices.

Diamond prices did make a slight resurgence in the past couple of months. Not to the year high of 100 r per diamond, but up closer to 90 right now. This is most likely due to the refunds on regions and people needing to w/e regions or parts of regions to 'safe' regions.

Dirt prices seem to have gone back down as an excess backlog of dirt seems to have piled up (har har)

Quartz is stable. Demand is fairly low, but so is supply. The nether doesn't seem to be yielding as much right now so I predict an upswing soon brought about by the building boom due, again, the influx of funds by the refunds.

gold is mostly stable, seems to have gone down overall.

Iron is still relatively cheap compared to historic levels. Can traditionally be found for about 1-1.5 r per ingot. Often sold in blocks now at 9-10 r per block.

Oak has remained fairly stable if not a bit lower. Prices generally swing wildly depending on the person. 60-100 per stack. Generally 65 average. Spruce a bit more expensive at 70 average.

Some items still have no markets and prices vary too wildly to track.

Antilogy

Lord of Altera
This thread probably shouldn't be stickied anymore. The prices are way off, commands are irrelevant, and it mentions nothing of the auction house.