Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Home-made] Mystic Mountain

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Game Banner.jpg
This is the official rules-page of the game called Mystic-Mountain. A Game that I've developed together with "R".
Some of you might know my "Blog" Thread where I'm putting updates about the Mystic Mountain game.
This thread is the final version of that game for Minecraft use (I'll still create a real one out of wood).
In-Character. Khorug has designed this game in the hope he'll come into favor with his King and to amuse his kinsmen.

[Game location:] x-2700 z-347 </warp creative>

All rights reserved, I own 100% of this game and its rules, as it is played in real life. (Patent 16-01-2016)
I do not own minecraft and thus do not claim to own the lay-out as it appears in game.
I do claim to own the base set of rules, as described in this thread, below.

INDEX:
16 units per team =
11 soldiers
4 miners
1 archer

Game set up.jpg
1 Mystic Mountain =
lvl 1-3 = 28 squares
lvl 4-6 = 12 squares
lvl 7-8 =3 squares

1 battlefield =
240 squares - lvl 0

Set-up position:

This is how you build the mountain:
Colors according to the amount of points you get per level from mining.
Yellow = iron
Orange = gold
Red = diamond
Mystic Mountain levels.jpg

Goal of the game: (winning conditions)

- To kill all enemy soldiers and archers.
- To remain on top of the Mystic Mountain for 5 turns.
- To be the first to reach 100 points.

Points can be gained in two ways:
- A soldier killing another soldier
- A miner standing on lvl 1-8 of the Mystic Mountain.

Game-play:
This two-player game can look daunting if you see it for the first time.
In fact, game-play and rules are quite simple!
There's three characters, which all have their unique set of actions.
These characters can be moved and used by a player, when its his/her turn.
That's it in a nutshell!

Players take turns. This goes on until a player reaches 100 points within its turn.
A turn goes as follows:

The starting turn:
Note that you start with 0 points.
The only way to gain points in order to get a miner up to the first level of the Mystic Mountain is by killing an enemy soldier.
This results in a "Kick-off battle" at the start of each game.

Any other turn:
The turn starts by adding up the points to the counter according to the amount of miners upon the Mystic Mountain and the level they are on.
Then the player may use up to 3 actions.
The following things are regarded as 1 action:
- Move a unit.
- Attack a unit.
- Climb one level up.
- Shoot a miner off the Mystic Mountain.
- Engage an archer in a fight
- Break free from fight engagement
Once the player is done or has used up all 3 actions, his/her opponent's turn starts.

Rules:
Player can purchase one unit at the start of each turn.
Bought units arrive on the battlefield at the Entrance Block.

Character sheets:
Soldiers (11) "Strategic Bulk."

Soldiers can move freely across 3 blocks (one movement per soldier per turn)
Soldier movement.jpg

Soldiers yield 2 points for killing another soldier, this is how that's done: SOLDIER ACTION
--> Soldier has to stand next to an enemy in order to attack (diagonal or orthogonal)
--> each Soldier may attack only one enemy each turn.
--> Attacking soldier throws a 1d6.
--> Defending soldier throws a 1d6.
- If attacker>defender, the defender dies.
- If attacker=defender, nothing happens.
- If attacker<defender, nothing happens.
(Soldiers do not yield any points by killing Miners or the Archer, yet this can be a strategical move.)

Soldier attack action.jpg
Soldiers can only kill an archer by engaging combat, this is how that's done:
- The soldier uses one action to move up to a square next to the archer (diagonal / orthogonal)
- The soldier uses one action to engage the archer in combat.
- The next turn, by using up all 3 actions of their turn, the Soldier attacks the archer. Both of them throw a 1d6, same rules apply as soldiers fighting soldiers.
An archer has one possibility to escape their death after being engaged in combat and before being attacked by the soldier. During the Archer's turn, both the soldier and the archer throw a 1d6, if the archer throws higher than the soldier, he is disengaged. This takes up one action from the player who controls the archer.

Soldiers may only kill miners when the miner is at lvl 0 = battlefield. The miner dies instantly on the 'attack-action' of the soldier.

Dead soldiers can be revived for 15 points.

Miner (4) "Point gatherers."
Miners can move freely across 2 blocks on lvl 0 (one miner may move as many times as possible per turn)
Miner movement.jpg

Miners can climb up the Mystic Mountain, this is how that's done: MINER ACTION
--> Each Miner can move not more than 1 level up the Mystic Mountain, each turn. (However, you may rise up multiple miners in one turn)
- You pay the amount of points as the level your miner is going to would yield.
(a.k.a. a miner moving from to lvl 1-3 pays 1, to lvl 4-6 pays 2, to lvl 7-8 pays 4. )

Miner climbing action.jpg
Miners climbing down the Mystic Mountain can move as if on lvl 0, but only from lvl's with a single block height difference.

Miner can only be killed on lvl 0.

Dead Miners can be revived for 10 points.

Archer (1) "Individual Strategist."
Archer can move 2 blocks (one movement per archer per turn)
Archer movement.jpg
Archer may shoot only once per turn. This is how that's done: ARCHER ACTION
--> Archer can only hit target if the target is in a straight diagonal or orthogonal line.
- Archer first rolls for success:
Success roll - for this distance
- 2-6 ............... 2 blocks
- 3-6 ............... 3 blocks
- 4-6 ............... 4 blocks
- 5-6 ............... 5 blocks
- 6 .................. 6 blocks
- If successful, roll another die, Fall-distance = amount of eyes rolled.
The miner that got shot off the Mystic Mountain lands on the exact opposite of the direction the shot came from. If he lands upon another unit, the miner will land one square further.

(NOTE: this means the miner might still be on the Mystic Mountain after he got hit. In the example below, he'd still be on the mountain if the second die that the archer threw had 1 or 2 eyes.)

(NOTE: Miners that have their backs against the mountain on the opposite direction from where the shot came from, cannot fall of the mountain. The archer will have to circle around the mountain to get a proper shot.)

Archer shooting action.jpg
In this example the archer has to throw 4, 5 or 6 in order to be successful. In this case, he did. The next throw he threw 5 eyes. The miner on the hill has to be moved 5 blocks in the direction the arrow was flying <opposite of the archer> and thus lands in the red circle.

Dead archers can be revived once per entire game for 20 points.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Note that you can tweak this game, by creating your own shape of mountain.
This thread shows the default setting of the game. BoredBrit already started elaborating on it and adding rules for specific kinds of mountains.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Note that you can tweak this game, by creating your own shape of mountain.
This thread shows the default setting of the game. BoredBrit already started elaborating on it and adding rules for specific kinds of mountains.
I am not only saying this as p00f is a friend. This game is bloody brilliant. The variations I made are nothing to the sheer genius and simplicity of this game.
:D
But on any note, my mountain shapes include:
Irrcrawn
Aeroch Rimtar (Incomplete)
Aeroch Nor (Incomplete)

I would also like to thank Poof for giving me something to do for a good few hours today, we played the game and tweaked the rules as I was learning. Then later on we played another game, one which was much more in as we had established rules and each had already formed tactics. I really do like this game.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
There is one difference that we made from the OP, we did not allow the buying of reinforcements, you had your set army and a spare archer. That is it.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
There is one difference that we made from the OP, we did not allow the buying of reinforcements, you had your set army and a spare archer. That is it.
After you left I tried another 2 games. Where I let one player use their miners to go up the mountain as a goal, the other never moved its miners but only attacked with soldiers.
In the first game, the soldiers of the mining team were dead before the miners reached 50 points.
In the second game, I allowed buying back units. That game went on for a bit longer and was very exciting. The mining team was down to 1 soldier several times, of which one time he could have lost the game if the enemy threw a higher die than him. In the end. The player with 1 soldier left was able to come back from the slaughter and instead kill the player that never touched his miners. It was such an exciting and crazy game, I decided to add the possibility to buy back units. The possibility to buy them back gives a lot more balance to the game, with even more possibilities of the game to totally turn into the favor of the losing player. Also it gives the enemy a reason to put a unit on the spawn-block, so that the other cannot buy back any soldiers and in the end would lose if he doesn't defend his base.
In short: We should play it again! :D

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
After you left I tried another 2 games. Where I let one player use their miners to go up the mountain as a goal, the other never moved its miners but only attacked with soldiers.
In the first game, the soldiers of the mining team were dead before the miners reached 50 points.
In the second game, I allowed buying back units. That game went on for a bit longer and was very exciting. The mining team was down to 1 soldier several times, of which one time he could have lost the game if the enemy threw a higher die than him. In the end. The player with 1 soldier left was able to come back from the slaughter and instead kill the player that never touched his miners. It was such an exciting and crazy game, I decided to add the possibility to buy back units. The possibility to buy them back gives a lot more balance to the game, with even more possibilities of the game to totally turn into the favor of the losing player. Also it gives the enemy a reason to put a unit on the spawn-block, so that the other cannot buy back any soldiers and in the end would lose if he doesn't defend his base.
In short: We should play it again! :D
I'll get on as soon as I can. I still need to test out Irrcrawn and to see if it runs smoothly.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
This game can now be played at Kharuz-Korum! :D Just putting this thing back up so people can read over the rules and see if they want to join the fun :)

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
the number of times I've asked BoredBrit to play this in creative is a bit ridiculous when we first heard about it

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I want to join please
Sure! Anytime in Mystic Mountain! It just needs a bridge connecting it to be accessible!
the number of times I've asked BoredBrit to play this in creative is a bit ridiculous when we first heard about it
I heard the leader of the frostpeak clan is going to be decided over a game of Mystic Mountain! :D
woah how did i only just see this
It's old, that's why I brought it back up for y'all to see :)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Staff Member if this works, err.. Solus or Archbishop or ehm... maybe Kamaoe ?
I would like to build this game in Kharuz-Korum. As pawns, I want to make an undead army and a dwarven army.
The undead I got covered: 11 custom head skulls, 1 normal skull, and 4 miners I'll think of something...
But the Dwarven army, I'd like 11 heads from one of our dwarven soldiers and 4 of seth_jenkin's account.
Now, I'd enjoy killing them 1000 times to get the heads, but that might clutter the chat with death messages.
Could you spawn in a couple of heads for me? If needed I'll pay for it too! Just to avoid ooc hatred towards all the death messages.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
This looks great! I hope Theo and Kublai end up playing together in a diplomatic meeting lmao