Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Story Horsehead Gang by Alistair Lyer

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
= = = = =
The texts below are likely written out on small leaves of parchment and sold for
five to ten radiants. Small and cheap, these fictional tidbits are sold to the masses.
Reading this and using its knowledge ICly would suggest that your character has
spent such a trifling amount for some time passing entertainment.

= = = = =

The Horsehead Gang Exposed
by Alistair Lyer

[10 Radiants]

The City of Storm's Landing is one that is seen through the eyes of so many people
that it almost seems alive, showing a unique face for every citizen and traveler. I've
seen a fair few and no doubt you've seen more, dear reader, the story that I mean to
tell today is that of a dark time in the Landing's past. Its a time that, even now, few
seem to remember or give any mind to. The time of the Horsehead Gang and their
ironclad grasp on the City's poor.
We were thugs, there's no doubt about that. We ran the opium trade for some time,
we ran extortion, gambling and loans. Gods, you couldn't go out back then without
seeing someone who was affiliated on a street corner. Being young in their backyard
was both a blessing and a nightmare. You never knew if they were going to try and
hire you. If they did, that meant you were in. There was no saying no to these people.
Luckily, I had always wanted to be in with them. I knew I could make something of
myself. So when they came calling, and come calling they did, I answered readily. I
joined the Horsehead Gang at sixteen and was their prodigy, a real poster child. For
a while, I played their game and I was good at it.
In time, my sister joined with me. Then a friend of mine, a good man- we ended up
having him infiltrate the Guard, it was quite the time. I did some awful things in the
name of the Horsehead, but I think the final straw was when I was asked, at sixteen
mind, to kill a woman called Octavia. I did it, I did it brutally. Stabbed her a whole
bunch and hung her from a crane. But I realised something as she swung from that
crane; I was doing all the work. The guy at the top did nothing while I ran the entire
street businesses, it was my actions they were scared of. So thats when we decided
the Horsehead was going to die and we were going to kill it.

Last I left off, I had decided that I was going to bring about the end of the notorious
Horsehead Gang. I had told my sister and our friend- the one in the guard- and they
both agreed that my plan, my master plan, was going to send waves through the City.
I was not content with the Horsehead, I was given scraps for doing everything and for
all of my efforts, any attempt to do anything on my own was vetoed by our boss. I
was tired of it. I wanted big money and I wanted to be in control of the Gang. It was
an easy enough concept; we would oust the Gang and seize the assets in the ensuing
chaos.
Whilst easy in concept, practice was less easy. You see, finding the right way to throw
a Gang like that under the sea without being swept out to sea too is a dangerous game.
Luck, as it would happen, played a huge part in how we ended up getting rid of them.
I'd grown tired of running opium, of extorting shopkeepers for pennies, so Steelfist and
I cooked up a heist plan. Our target? The Bank.
I wanted a legacy, Steelfist wanted coin. So, we stormed the bank at night and it was an
utter disaster that could not have gone better for us if we had planned it. You see, we
were there, filling our britches with coin from the Vault when we were caught by these
guards. What do you do when you're cornered by guards with pockets full of stolen
gold? You fucking lie. You lie and lie until you can get out of there scott-free.
I had foreseen some form of interference before the heist, so I had forged a work-pass
for Steelfist. Our plan was for him to destroy a Gazebo, creating a lot of noise that would
detract from my getting into the vault. However, it turned out my getting into the vault was
silent. It was our attempt to play it safe that almost got us caught. Folks came running to
the sound of Steelfist destroying this damned gazebo. Found me there, masked with a
sack of coin on my back.
You're probably wondering what story I told to get out of there with my life. Well, if you
are, I don't think you've been reading properly. I told them everything about the Horsehead
Gang. It was Divine fucking Providence, I tell you. Here I was, money in my pack with a
way to drop the Horsehead in the shit and get away. I told them that we were only at the bank
as a distraction and that I'd tell them the real play if they let me go. Those jokers agreed. So,
I told them about a cache full of opium out on the cliffs at the city limits. I said there'd be a
delivery that night and that we were to distract the guards. So, they ran. Ran like dogs and
left Steelfist and I with our illgotten goods. We didn't hang around.
We ran back to our hideout, separate from that of the Horsehead and we waited. Soon enough,
the Gang was fleeing out to try and salvage what was now being burned by some zealots.
Fucking fools. We took this as further proof that the Gods were on our side and we entered
each and every cache within the slums, under the Whorehouse, behind the hospital and in the
blackmarket. We bled the cache's dry and took everything from the Horsehead while they
were busy dealing with a reckoning of our making. It was fucking glorious. That morning we
were enforcers in Storm's Landings most brutal gang. By evening, we were the heads of our
own destiny, our own Gang. We were Kings and we were rich.

Last edited: