Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

how to Emote

redbear

I think I might like it here
Hello Everyone.
I hope this is the right place to put this.
Is there an emote guide anywhere? Just best practices and a few technical guidelines.
(I did try searching for it, but didnt find too much)
Thanks
Russ

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Basics of Roleplay chat

Following is some of the basic rules and requests of roleplay chat:

Using ( ) for OOC chat: During a roleplay if you need to say something OOC (Out of Character) then please use ( ) so to not confuse the other roleplayers and to keep it separate. Try not to spam roleplays with too much (OOC) and instead use the /ch ooc or /ch local if need be.

Using * * for actions: Using actions during a roleplay is essential. Here we do this by putting asterisks around descriptive or active sentences. Example: *He drinks the ale noisily*

Using { } for thoughts: Like actions, thoughts help make roleplay more in depth and interesting. However it is important to remember that you cannot hear the thoughts of other players and is more for OOC character development. Acting on the unspoken thoughts of others is considered meta-gaming, which is covered further below. Example for thoughts: {I wonder what's in this vial...probably shouldn't drink it...}.

General roleplay chat: First make sure you are in the /ch rp channel. This has a range of 50 blocks and should be limited to roleplay chat only. /ch local can be used for nearby OOC chatting as well as the brackets mentioned before. Be thoughtful of what type of language you use for roleplay chat. Things like modern slang, c u laterz, and smilies are heavily discouraged. While we have our own lore, we follow a medieval example, so words and speaking styles should follow suit.

For example saying “Good evening!” instead of “Hey, what's up?”. Also, your character may speak a bit differently in regards to their education, race, and socialization. Adding these details keeps roleplay immersed and detailed.

Using Languages: Altera is home to many different races and cultures, some that come with their own language. While a new character can start out with a reasonable knowledge of a language, taking time in game to learn them legitimately is always encouraged. Natural elves or Dwarves of course will know their people's language and everyone generally knows the Common tongue. When speaking in a different language during roleplay chat, please use <Language: text>. This informs people nearby that you are speaking a different language and they can react appropriately with their character. Some will understand what you say while others don't.

If your character does not legitimately know a language, you cannot use the information to your advantage. This is considered meta-gaming and is heavily discouraged.

Example: <Verba: It's so good to see you my friend...>

redbear

I think I might like it here
Thank you. the Language one is good to know too as Fendel will speak Fey as well common. (common?)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant