Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

How To summon a Deity

Scardrac

Felsummer
The private stuff kinda leaves out people too... :/ the struggle with segregation is real. Even if it makes those to try and join the event, it still makes it tough on those not part of many events.
I said in my thread that anyone who wants in should PM me and set up an RP if they wanted. :D It's only private because, you know, corrupt god. I don't want anyone negative coming in on their own initiative to just try and stop it.

Catanomical

Lord of Altera
Catanomical
Catanomical
Evil
I said in my thread that anyone who wants in should PM me and set up an RP if they wanted. :D It's only private because, you know, corrupt god. I don't want anyone negative coming in on their own initiative to just try and stop it.
I will then pm you cause Elmond still loves his Harateth~

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
As @TheDeester said, I wouldn't quite call it an advantage - However, a devout person is much more likely to tilt the event then, say, a heretic. I'll do my best to keep actions quite effective as a whole, but it is simply a matter of how characters are going to be regarded by the Deity mechanics.

To put it very, very simply -
Heretic = Someone who might very likely be regarded unfavourably, or simply ignored.
Devout = Probably paid attention to or regarded

Keep in mind this can vary and alter from event to event! :D
( *Totally.. didn't make a list of religious characters....* )
I suddenly find myself very curious about that list. o_o And... what level of "devoutness" it took to get on there... Perhaps after all this is over, you'll divulge a bit? :D

If not, I completely understand :heart:

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Vorar to talk to Grey Lady pls.

"Yes, it is the one who is permanently out of this one's reach. How is this one doing today?"

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Oooh, have no fear! I imagine the Guardians will start summoning God after God after God, once we pull our socks up :p They'll all be huge public things around Port Silver, too :D

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
I suddenly find myself very curious about that list. o_o And... what level of "devoutness" it took to get on there... Perhaps after all this is over, you'll divulge a bit? :D

If not, I completely understand :heart:
If the SoS whatnot didn't still affect Altera/The Return Campaign, I'd be already spilling my beans like nobodies business T^T

Oooh, have no fear! I imagine the Guardians will start summoning God after God after God, once we pull our socks up :p They'll all be huge public things around Port Silver, too :D
oh my

...Semi-heretics~?
I'll tell you guys "grey middle ground" for now, but I can't say anymore for I may border onto spoileriffic materials. Sorry!

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
The private stuff kinda leaves out people too... :/ the struggle with segregation is real. Even if it makes those to try and join the event, it still makes it tough on those not part of many events.
You know fun thing: I offered people might join if they seek out my char and persuade him, he however won't run after them - at least atm it looks like the interest was suddenly lost when I said that my char won't run after them.

The other problem is: If your town is at stake would you really risk things like this to happen:

Haratheth: I said SILENCE!
<forgot who it was>: *Stands next to harateth and farts loudly at him*

Note that this actually happened.

Either way, as I already said in the Shalherana thread - we will make several god summonings and most of them will be open to public rather than semi open.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
So I'm quite sleep-deprived right now, and will probably regret typing this later, but I think the point that everyone else is trying to make (and that I spoke with you about, but it kinda sounds like we're not getting that RP, now... :( ) is that if every scheduled summoning is successful, then a scant handful of people (maaaybe 15 total, by my count) are going to be able to have participated. Whether or not it makes RP sense, it sucks for a vast majority of the server.

My point about this is similar to the point I made at the end of the SoS Campaign: sometimes things (like children at a battle or having a public summoning for the most widely revered/worshiped goddess in Altera - oh wait) that don't make RP sense really also need to be considered oocly in the spirit of being a good sport. Mich and the team did a fantastic job of breaking things up so that smaller groups could participate, and it still allow for everyone to do so... IF the ostensible leaders didn't set up every event to private. Some of them make a bit more sense, and are ... less "private" than the others. For instance, if the Theodra summoning is able to happen (meaning that one or more of the others failed, at this point), then the numbers at that one will probably match the numbers planned at all the others... combined.

But then, Mich has said again and again, and implied more than once that these things have a higher chance of succeeding if there are more faithful present. So I guess we'll just see what happens. :heart:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
So I'm quite sleep-deprived right now, and will probably regret typing this later, but I think the point that everyone else is trying to make (and that I spoke with you about, but it kinda sounds like we're not getting that RP, now... :( ) is that if every scheduled summoning is successful, then a scant handful of people (maaaybe 15 total, by my count) are going to be able to have participated. Whether or not it makes RP sense, it sucks for a vast majority of the server.

My point about this is similar to the point I made at the end of the SoS Campaign: sometimes things (like children at a battle or having a public summoning for the most widely revered/worshiped goddess in Altera - oh wait) that don't make RP sense really also need to be considered oocly in the spirit of being a good sport. Mich and the team did a fantastic job of breaking things up so that smaller groups could participate, and it still allow for everyone to do so... IF the ostensible leaders didn't set up every event to private. Some of them make a bit more sense, and are ... less "private" than the others. For instance, if the Theodra summoning is able to happen (meaning that one or more of the others failed, at this point), then the numbers at that one will probably match the numbers planned at all the others... combined.

But then, Mich has said again and again, and implied more than once that these things have a higher chance of succeeding if there are more faithful present. So I guess we'll just see what happens. :heart:
:heart: I second this.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight

You misunderstood me there @Somnastra - I'm still ready to Rp it out with anyone willing to.
As said, the sudden deflux of interest makes it look like, that they just want to passively being invited to it without doing any rp to justify it, to me.
And this is the point where I seriously have to ask myself why I play on an RP server if people are not even willing to get into an event through active RP rather than waiting until someone comes and takes their hands.

Edit:
Addition: Since Som already mentioned her other post:
It is also possible for people to attend with temp char's if their current character can't participate somewhere for whatever reason. (Like Child-chars should think about making temp char's for events ))

Last edited:

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
At the end of the day not everyone can have everything. It'd be great to participate in every event, but bare in mind that the world has hundreds of limitations, and your character should too. Sometimes your character would be elsewhere. I think it's fine to have only fifteen people participate and the rest miss out as long as there is a reason for there to be only fifteen people.

Michcat

You know fun thing: I offered people might join if they seek out my char and persuade him, he however won't run after them - at least atm it looks like the interest was suddenly lost when I said that my char won't run after them.

The other problem is: If your town is at stake would you really risk things like this to happen:

Haratheth: I said SILENCE!
<forgot who it was>: *Stands next to harateth and farts loudly at him*

Note that this actually happened.

Either way, as I already said in the Shalherana thread - we will make several god summonings and most of them will be open to public rather than semi open.
Oh, its not just your town. Its the entire map that could be messed with...
I will try to avoid rare/valuable items and chests, though~!

If people think their three-man ravings are gonna catch the attention of a God, they're sorely mistaken :(

You misunderstood me there @Somnastra - I'm still ready to Rp it out with anyone willing to.
As said, the sudden deflux of interest makes it look like, that they just want to passively being invited to it without doing any rp to justify it, to me.
And this is the point where I seriously have to ask myself why I play on an RP server if people are not even willing to get into an event through active RP rather than waiting until someone comes and takes their hands.

Edit:
Addition: Since Som already mentioned her other post:
It is also possible for people to attend with temp char's if their current character can't participate somewhere for whatever reason. (Like Child-chars should think about making temp char's for events ))
They probably don't want their characters to telepathically become aware of an event you have put no effort into gaining fellows for. Why not approach certain characters that yours know? People aren't going to "justify" to you that they'll help out your event, they'll look for the next summoning of Shalherana and go to that one instead. It seems almost rude to want people to approach YOU to help YOUR event.
Take initiative! Go out and talk to others characters, or have it strictly privitized. Someone can't try for something they don't know exists.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
. Why not approach certain characters that yours know?
Which is exactly what I said from the very beginning that I will do (in the opening post even)

People aren't going to "justify" to you that they'll help out your event, they'll look for the next summoning of Shalherana and go to that one instead. It seems almost rude to want people to approach YOU to help YOUR event.
Its not about me wanting people helping out, I was asked whether they could participate, and I don't want to be that guy so I said yes but RP it out. - I too don't know about their characters.

One thing I thing is a bit of a misunderstanding here too is that I didn't just offer people 'hey you can join if you rp it out' after Som's post but that I also got pmed about whether there was a chance people could join it.
In Som's case I indeed Pm'ed her without recieving a message from her before though.

Either way its public now so lets forget about this.

Michcat

Oh, sorry bro- I must have misunderstood!
I hope your event goes well- And let me know if theres anything I can do.