Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

How To summon a Deity

Exclaimer

Lord of Altera
Quick questions.

If you build up enough following of a mortal character, and try to perform a 'summons' to make said person a deity, will that have any effect whatsoever?

(I presume this will be answered with "Try it in RP, and see what happens!" but...)

If said summons does work, then will the person him/herself become the deity, or will another being spawn altogether, based on the person?

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Quick questions.

If you build up enough following of a mortal character, and try to perform a 'summons' to make said person a deity, will that have any effect whatsoever?

(I presume this will be answered with "Try it in RP, and see what happens!" but...)

If said summons does work, then will the person him/herself become the deity, or will another being spawn altogether, based on the person?
1. No, that unfortunately would not work. Deities/Beings of Excessive and Silly Amounts Of Power =/= Mortals

2. See answer to above. If a god is being worshipped, perhaps a ritual to them will result in a "summoning". If a person is being worshipped, well, they have a fanclub :p

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Its not really that bothersome but I just saw that a lot of people just write 'Religious Leader' in their forms while they only barely/not even qualify as a priest.
I don't know if said people are hoping for some gain the success boni from using that term or are just using it wrong but yeah pls get your terms right:

An example for a Religious Leader is Polo's char Albareth who actually lead a church in the past (and does again now)

As said its not that bothersome, but also not nice if someone actually wants to calculate the additional risk when going to a summoning.
While even a religious leader can botch a summoning. However, the risk is a lot higher when you go to Jon Doe s summoning who suddenly decided that he wants to become a religious leader overnight.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Its not really that bothersome but I just saw that a lot of people just write 'Religious Leader' in their forms while they only barely/not even qualify as a priest.
I don't know if said people are hoping for some gain the success boni from using that term or are just using it wrong but yeah pls get your terms right:

An example for a Religious Leader is Polo's char Albareth who actually lead a church in the past (and does again now)

As said its not that bothersome, but also not nice if someone actually wants to calculate the additional risk when going to a summoning.
While even a religious leader can botch a summoning. However, the risk is a lot higher when you go to Jon Doe s summoning who suddenly decided that he wants to become a religious leader overnight.
Ah don't worrry- I factor in psuedo-priests.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
Ah don't worrry- I factor in psuedo-priests.
Yeah i know :D, was more meant as a friendly reminder to the people who didn't read that part of your post before posting their stuff.
After all, other than the lore team, people can only guess if the persons doing the summonings are rated the way they claim to be and might have to suffer the consequences with their chars.

A good example is me doing a Jirishim summoning under the guise of a religious leader - Jirishim would probably troll everyone there pretty hard, yet if I lable myself religious leader its confusing for people not having read the Golden hammer proclamation(which i consider 100% IC) or otherwise heard about it through RP

Tybalt

Lord of Altera
Hmm, would a devout follower , and I mean DEVOUT, and a founder of a guild with a certain deity as their patron count?