Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Interest in restarting a NationStates project

What time period would you participate in for a NationStates game? Choose any that apply.

• Total voters

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
As great at it is to have a willing DM for this kind of stuff, I'm worried that having such an in depth system might take away from some of the freeform RP appeal of past NationStates projects. Is there a stripped down version of what you're proposing?
It's entirely open to modification for whatever purposes you'd like. Most of the SWN rules are designed such that they can be modified and adopted into entirely different things. I'll send you the PDF of faction rules so you can have a more comprehensive look.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

here's Europe

it's called 'Eres' in my document, but we can always rename the continents

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Hi guys. This is still an ongoing project and some time in the coming weeks we'll get something done about cleaning up the NS forum section and y'all can start posting countries and making claims.

We're probably transitioning this away from NationStates entirely and running it as a forum game.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
thoughts on making a separate thread for everyone who's interested to post their intentions for a nation? it helps if i have an idea of who wants to get involved + what their geographical bias is gonna be because i'm currently redoing borders on the map and working on a new area within it

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
thoughts on making a separate thread for everyone who's interested to post their intentions for a nation? it helps if i have an idea of who wants to get involved + what their geographical bias is gonna be because i'm currently redoing borders on the map and working on a new area within it
I have very little idea of even how to play Nationstates so this would be good.

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Crafter
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
I would be itnrested if you would have me I love the nation states game of this server when It flares up.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
NationStates itself is a nation simulator, for one nation, wherein you answer political issues with one of several options that then dictate the policy of your nation and affect various game statistics.

To be quite honest NationStates isn't very good for multiplayer concrete competitive gameplay because every nation gets different issues each day, leading to wildly different forms of political evolution and stats that aren't really comparable until a few months of daily gameplay when the policy choices average out to show the general form of what your country is like.

What I think could be doable is using NationStates for the flavor of your nation, while using a different system to act out the interactions between nations. NationStates is fantastic for individual national lore creation.

What I've recommended to Cap is modelling the players nation-interactions with the Stars Without Number: Revised Edition Faction Rules. These rules provide a concrete and fully-defined set of interactions and actions a nation can take in a cooperative-competitive environment, all based on grounded stats.

In effect, we'd be playing a forum game version of a tabletop game, where each character is a country that's evolved from the choices of its leader: the player.