Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jace's Whitelist Application [Approved - Lenore]

CryptidKing

Villager
{Introduction Section}

Minecraft Username: The_Nomad_King

Country & Timezone: CST

Read the Kings Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides?: Yes

Define Metagaming & Powergaming?: Metagaming and Powergaming are basically taking advantage of the preset meta/ooc/game rules to be overpowered and/or be a over controlling gaming Jesus. Finding loopholes in rules, minmaxing for no other reason than control, forcing someone else to take action not of their own volition, ect.

Do we allow Xray mods or X-Ray texture packs?: No

Tell us about yourself!: Hello! I'm Jace, and- Well, honestly, I just want something to be doing during my off time that's as rewarding as roleplaying. Seriously, I love RP, but finding a genuinely good group is few and far inbetween.

Referral: I simply found it when looking for RP servers because I was bored as all hell.

{Character Section}
Character Name: Cy-Luun Lazuli

Race: Silver Elf

Appearance: Cy-Luun has long and curly white hair, tan colored skin, and... well, a deep blue eye. He has an eyepatch over his right eye. (Which is good, because he's left handed. Okay, maybe not good, but better than the alternative.) He normally wears very covering and dark clothing. He wears his navy blue cloak all the time, in fact.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: Attach on the thread

Written Test (Min: 400 words): Another thought escaped from his mind. At this point, he felt like an hourglass, the thoughts in his mind slowly sifting from his mind into his soul. His heart felt heavier and heavier with each few moments and another thought which clawed at the walls of his mind as it was dragged down. He heard something. A snap. He immediately shifted on his feet, drawing his sickle and whipping around into a fighting position. However, the only movement he could sense was his cloak fluttering back down behind him and his muted breathing. He let out a soft exhale and straightened his back, returning his sickle to his belt. With a slight motion of his shoulder, his cloak fell back over his sides and front. He simply stood there for a few moments, staring into the night skies. He felt his fingers very slowly drift back up towards the clasp on his cloak. He couldn't tell what he felt when he did so. The Lunar Medallion, the one thing he'd been able to keep from that single encounter, now weighed more than any thought or weapon or armor ever could. He scowled at the thought of her. Despite not being in the way she'd wanted, she'd torn her way into his thoughts in a far more imposing way than anyone else had. Among the silence of the night, even the slightest of sounds would send him into a panic attack, and his voice would entirely fail him. She had damaged him. Or perhaps he was always like this? He shook his head. Even with the anxiety which constantly lurked deep within the back of his mind, he would never allow her to get the best of him. He took in a deep breath, his mind slowly recollecting its resolve. He was driven off of both his appreciation for life, and his spite. He was not a good person by virtue, and he knew that. He didn't need to be, nor did he want to be. He simply wanted to do what he thought was right. If that required he dedicated his entire life to playing "Robin Hood", then so be it. He turned back towards the world just in front of him. He could not allow his mind to simply drift. He had done far too much of that. No, he would take what little he had, and he would make the best of this life. He considered himself much like the moon, in a way. The light within the dark, extending his light to those who had fallen into the shadows. He would give them enough light to kindle for themselves, to inspire them to being the ones to inspire hope in others. This would be his destiny. He would forge his fate himself.

Last edited:

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Hi Jace -

Thanks for your application. It mostly looks good, but there are just a few edits I'll ask for before stamping them for approval.

+ I'll ask you to expound a bit on your definitions of metagaming/powergaming.

+ The violet eye colour does not adhere to Silver Elf lore. I will link it here for your convenience. [X]

+ It is important to note that, while your character is allowed to have a personal effect of some significance (in this case, speaking of the 'Lunar Medallion') it is omni-important that you follow certain guidelines. Most simply, any backstory that you tie to it must adhere to our lore and setting. Secondly, as it is a starting item, this medallion can only be of relatively simple make, and must be entirely mundane (i.e. containing no special powers or otherwise paranatural effects).

Feel free to comment back here when the necessary edits have been made.

CryptidKing

Villager
Hello! I've got the first two done, and I'm aware of the last point, I didn't include it for any other reason than it being integral to his story.

Lenore

Bird, Knows What's Good
Retired Staff
Len0re
Len0re
Legend
Good stuff. Always important to be sure.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question in-game or on discord.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

{ Join us on Discord }
..for easier access to answering your questions and joining our roleplay community.

Please make sure you follow our server rules!
  • If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
  • If you feel you'll have trouble getting familiar with the server, post below and I'll contact you in the most convenient way!
  • I'm your whitelist approver and a "PR Member." I'm here to help.