Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Inactive Jacob - An Old Drifter

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera

────────────────────────────────

Jacob.png
Art by Elz

General Information

Name: Jacob
Titles:
Home: Barechest Jewelry in Linlea
Social Status: Low status with friends in high places
Blessed Profile: [X]

────────────────────────

Physiology

Race: Human
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 165lbs
Eye Color: Dark brown with a silver ring around them
Skin Color: White but with a tan
Distinguishing Features:
≻ Bishop chess piece carved into back of neck
≻ Slim ring of silver around his eyes
Build: Due to the combination of Airblessed and Divine blessing, Jacob is chiseled.
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Messy and down to the shoulders with an unkempt beard to match. Clean, but with no other care for maintenance.
Scars:
≻ Bishop carved in back of his neck
≻ Burn scar underneath that
≻ Puncture wounds on his left leg that look like from a bite, very faded
≻ Faded silvery scars from cut and puncture wounds on both left and right arms
≻ Large ugly scar on the back of his right thigh
≻ Hard to notice scar from a sword on the back of his left shoulder
≻ Scarred bite marks on his left hand from a wolf.​
≻ Long, thin scar on the left side of his head hidden underneath all his hair
≻ Scar on palm and back of his right hand from a stab wound
≻ Purple puncture wound scar on his right bicep
≻ Thin purple scar on his left shoulder

────────────────────────

Personality

Likes: Travel, adventure, and spending time with friends. Also likes helping others.
Dislikes: Being alone or being trapped. His anger and his tendency to run away at times.
Strengths: Competent from experience, people person, and his wit.
Weaknesses: His toxic view of himself, and his temper that can flair. Can be overconfident and also can run away from those he cares about. Prone to guilt.
Fears: The ocean, being on ships. Betrayal and hurting those he cares about. Commitment.
Values: Curiosity, quick wit, and a kind heart.
Education: Informal but well versed. Once was a librarian.
Languages: Common and Mok'yra
General Attitude: Carefree and happy
Religious Inclination: Theodra
General Intelligence: Above average and excels in critical problem solving and creative thinking.
General Sociability: Very social
Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Short Term Goals:
≻ Travel - "I'd like to see the world again. I've never been able to calm my restless soul and with so much change I can't wait to see what is around."
≻ Enjoy Life - "So much insistence on doing this or that. For now I'm content to just take things as they come and enjoy my time around."
≻ Business - "I really hope my business goes somewhere. I'm excited to see what kind of beautiful trinkets people ask for."
≻ Learn More About Demons - "I must know more about these demons and what they're after. I can't let myself become ignorant."
≻ Restore Old Gear - "In my wayward days I let all my old equipment and personal treasures fall to ruin. I'll have them restored to their old glory by the best of the best."
Long Term Goals:
≻ Further My Blessing - "Where do I stand? Do I even believe enough for such a gift? Am I worthy of the power given to me?"
≻ Become A Full Fledged Ranger - "So far I'm only an apprentice, which doesn't bother me so much, but I would like to further my progression in this area."
≻ Stop The Demons - "I see another apocalypse on the horizon, and I refuse to let my home fall again. I will stop them no matter the cost."

────────────────────────

Possessions

Elemental: Air elemental. (It's in his soul cause he's spiritblessed.)
Wardrobe: To be determined.
Jewelry: To be determined.
Owned Homes: Barechest Jewelry in Linlea.
Carried Inventory: To be determined.
General Inventory: To be determined.
General Wealth: Generous.

────────────────────────

History

The Tale so Far: Right here
Past Places of Residences
Old World
≻ Thiil - Lived under the library
≻ Tambry - Just owned a home
≻ Grafjell - Small house, was exiled
New World
≻ Mockingbay - Owned a house near the docks
≻ Eisenheim - Was owner of the tavern in town
Travel Log
≻ Halbed
≻ Linlea
≻ Storm's Landing
≻ Eldpoint
≻ Candlewood
≻ Queensport
≻ Stormhall
Previous Occupations
≻ Librarian
≻ Back Alleyway Doctor
≻ Adventurer
≻ Bounty Hunter
≻ Tavern Keep
≻ Informant
≻ Merchant
≻ Gemcutter
≻ Sailor
≻ Navigator
≻ Trapper
≻ Ranger

────────────────────────

Combat

Peaceful or violent: Will only generally avoid combat unless angry.
Weaponry
≻ Trusty Friend [Glimmersteel Saber]
≻ Yew Hunting Bow
≻ Iron Dagger
≻ Tarwood Quarterstaff
≻ Swinesplitter [Steel Axe]
≻ Steel Short Dagger
≻ Refined Steel Dirk
≻ Iron Ranseur
Combat Training: Informal, mostly consisting of street fights and run-ins with wild animals. Years and years of experience.

────────────────────────

Training & Skills

Skills
≻ Logistic Organization and Mathematics - From his time organizing a voyage to the new world, managing a tavern, and hosting festivals. Also used to be a librarian.
≻ Basic Ship Repair/Rigging - (Rusty) Has been on voyages multiple times in the past but it has been a very long time since then.
≻ Survival Skills - His most used areas of expertise. He knows how to set up impromptu shelters, how to find water, track animals, set up traps, and more. While most comfortable in forested areas or plains, he knows how to survive in tundras and mountainous regions.
≻ Herbology - Knows how to identify many kinds of different herbs and flowers used in medicine. Recognizes some used for cooking.
≻ First Aid - Over the years he has had to heal himself and others, sometimes from serious injuries. Knows basic and even some advanced first aid.
≻ Surgery - Has had to perform surgery a couple of times and understands the fundamentals, but was never formally taught. His work might be crude but it can get the job done if no one else is available.
≻ Dueling/Self-Defense - While not the most renowned fighter in the world, he has been traveling for years and has had to rely on his sword for most of it. Has never had formal education and is more akin to a grizzled pit fighter.
≻ Gemcutting - Jacob has returned to his old craft as the rust wears off quick. An old master is back in business.
≻ Hunting - He has gone on hunts before in the past, but has been spending more time with real hunters and learning more tricks of the trade. Very skillful, but not masterful in the matter.
≻ Archery - You wouldn't trust him to shoot an apple off of your friend's head while he is riding past him on horseback, but you could trust him to get a hunt done without much trouble. Perhaps above average at best.
Homeless Jacob.png

Last edited:

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
Edit.jpg

Relationships

────────────────────────

Companions
Ashna - Solus
"She still has a flair for the dramatics and likes to make dangerous enemies, so its good to see some things never change. If needed I'll be there to help her out but she can be a pain in the ass sometimes. Still, I wouldn't abandon her to her fate if it came down to it. We've both saved each other in the past countless times and I see no reason to change that."

Cymic - Cymic_
"Owns his own kingdom now which was a shock to the system. He's been kind enough to help me with coming back and has been helping Sycamore as well, but that part is no surprise. As much as I hate to admit it, his support is helpful and its been good to see him again. Still obnoxious though."

Sayuire - ForestRose
"Normally I'd be able to go on and on about someone and let you know just what I think or feel about them, but with her? I don't know what to say. She's stubborn, and she's kind. She gets under my skin, and yet, she can cut right through my troubles. Having her around is not only exciting, but also a breath of fresh air. I trust her and I can only hope that I'll be strong enough, skilled enough, and all around good enough not to let her down."
Som - Somnastra
"There is a lot I could say about this long lived Ranger. Dangerous, dependable, and wild (but only in the best of ways), Som is a person I hold a high degree of respect towards. I would follow her into hell itself. Yet even with all this, I worry that soon I may be at odds with her. Although I make a desperate hope that won't be the case, if that old friend of hers tries anything, I won't hesitate to kill him. The only reason I haven't done anything so far is respect for her wishes."

Sycamore - Raykaystar
"She is trusted friend that I have a long history with. If she ever needed my help, she knows I would be there, and the feeling goes both ways. I don't see her around as much as I used to but that is okay, we're both busy people. Her cheerful demeanor always finds a way to brighten my day."

Syra - Elz
"Dead. For sure, with her lifestyle. But...if she is alive, wonder if she is still bat shit insane? Ah who am I kidding, probably crazier then before and still convincing men to buy all her drinks. And against all reason I still miss that psycho, even if she was bad for my health."

Friends

Aleksandr - joshun
"The best word to describe him so far is dependable. I can see that man going places as a warrior and I'm excited to see where his life goes. He has my support and I would hope to have his. Also despite the appearance of a stoic temperament, he has a good sense of humor. Hasn't been sleeping well."
Cieren - Veradite
"If I were to sum her up in one word, which is already hard enough for a person, I think I’d choose 'feral.' Although she might be a bit wild, and in spite of her biting nature, I know she’s someone I can trust in a fight. I’m sure she’ll become an even stronger fighter as time goes on."
Halvar - AionTbird
"Someone I have come to respect over my short but meaningful encounters with him. The two of us share an overlap between trades and its fun to have someone to talk to about your own craft. I hope to continue a long and prosperous partnership with the man."
Quill - Juvix_
“Quill is someone I can say without a doubt I respect. She is someone who does not take part in the fighting yet is still willing to brave the dangers just to help someone who is injured. Even if their injuries may seem hopeless, or if they were an enemy but a moment ago. If only there were more like her, perhaps the world would be a better place. Also without her healing I’d probably be in a hospital many times over by now.”
Rose - Map
"For being a noble, she doesn't really seem like it on the inside. I've gotten to see behind the mask of finery she wears and it speaks wonder to her character that she hasn't just ran away. It still bothers me from time to time the trust she has with me but that is mine to deal with, not hers. Although I do worry for her sanity, I know her responsibilities weigh heavily on her, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone."
Velar - SovietReindeer
"Quick with a quip and witty to boot, Velar is a source of entertainment for me, and the day always gets a little more interesting when he comes around. He has followed me into the fray quite a few times and always seems to shoulder the worst of it. Yet regardless of whether it is on or off the battlefield, the two of us have great synergy. Although I will say he likes his red hair a little too much."

Buddies
Kharn - Warwolf
"Over these past months I've gotten to know the man and he never ceases to be an entertaining wildcard. Between his constant jokes and serious feats of skill, I've grown to respect the man as a constant stream of good times. If I had to take a man to the bar with me, he'd probably be near or at he top of the list. Also has a habit of dragging me into trouble, which reminds me of another sailor I used to know back in the day."

Loose Acquaintances
Anwar - adam_unavailable
"Kind, polite, and willing to help those passed out at the bar, he's the kind of guy you'd want there with you when you're out drinking. Probably the first person in a long while who has really caught me off guard; got me off step. All the more reason to spend more time with him, considering how rare that is nowadays. Also, he's a good dancer."
Arvyth - AbsentUser
"A fellow adventurer like I am yet one who is just beginning his journey. I wish him the best and I'd like to see which direction he wanders off to. Perhaps I could take him on a trip or two to see how he fares. I'm sure it'd be at least somewhat interesting to see what the man has in him and if he really is serious about going down this route."
Ced - Ced
"At first I thought he was just jaded with his response to the recent demon threat because of his past experiences. I know better now. Someone who I’ve slowly grown to know, I believe the man is well worth his weight in gold."
Dayton - Pandora12Q
"Been hearing his name and finally got to met the man. Odd looking but great first impressions with the guy, I can tell we have much in common. I'd be glad to share another drink with a fellow like that. Hopefully he doesn't try to take me to bed though."
Hysope - Horus
"Hysope is one of those people who really seems to be a mystery to me. One of my fellow rangers, she is skilled with a bow, which is already a strange path for a dwarf to take. I hope her skills are honed well."
Lacielem - xVigil
"To be honest, I don’t know much about Lacielem. It seems he’s had a troubled past and still has to deal with those mistakes to this day, but I’m willing to give him a chance to prove himself. I’m curious to see what he can do."
Marian - mageaegis
"Seems to be a very dependable, and very mischievous, ranger. I don't know much about her yet but I see her around here and there. She is trusted by those around me so I have no reason to think otherwise of her. Seems to be a very devout Theodran and a capable hunter."
Niko - Niko
"Perhaps I could call him an old acquaintance, yet I think we were more at odds back in the day. If given the chance, I’d like to talk with the man again. Seeing him once again was a pleasant surprise. Even if he hasn't lost that reckless attitude of his."
Ruvan - TagTeamChampion
"Although I’ve only had a couple encounters with him, I feel a kinship toward the dwarf considering I also used to run my own tavern back in the day. He’s someone who is always willing to lend an ear to a story and also knows how to have a good laugh. All good marks in my book."
Sylvia - Fluffy Bristle
"It seems to me that she has found her way back from whatever dark place she stumbled into. Not without some hiccups but all in all, on the right path. I just hope it stays that way."

Neutral
Leonhardt - Crusader_Of_Man
"This knight is a very pious one, devoted to the god of light. I don't know much about him but he seems to value order highly and will do anything to keep that order in check. Him being an inquisitor does make me a little anxious though."

Weary Of

Melarue - Elz
"If I was to sum her up in one word, it would be dangerous. I can tell she has a calculating mind, and I worry just what she plans to do with it. She is also one of the possessed but I don't want to hold that against her. I am going to have to keep close tabs on her since I'd rather not end with a knife in the back of me or mine due to her decisions. Crazy."

Frost - Fronslin
"To be honest, I don't know much about Frost. I know they have made some mistakes and were punished very harshly for it, and perhaps as a result, went insane. One to be avoided if it can be helped."

Disliked

Reinhard Von Something - LuxTop
"This man really gets on my nerves, and its been a while since I’ve met someone who does that. Ignorant, pompous, and vain, I just can’t stand dealing with him. To sum it up: unbearable."

Hated

Jaden - CloakedReaper
"Of all the people who could come crawling out from the gutter, his face was the last one I wished to see. The cause of so much pain and so much strife. Worst of all, they want me to forgive him of his sins yet do not even know a quarter of what he has done. His sins aren't ones to be forgiven but to be punished. He is one of the few people in my life I would not hesitate to kill given the chance."

Last edited:

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
Changelog
  • Major changes to relationships. Added many new people and adjusted some old ones.
  • Added Previous Occupations under history.
  • Made some changes to short term goals.
  • Couple of assorted small changes.
  • All changes are in burple.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
Changelog
  • Added some people and made adjustments to others. The pecking order is being established.
  • Made some changes to goals. Added some, removed others, updated the rest.
  • Expanded on his personality a little bit.
  • Weapons listed!
  • Added Eldpoint and Storming Landing to his travel log.
  • Hunting and Archery are added to his skill section.
  • Small assorted changes here and there.
  • As per usual, changes in purple. Happy hunting!
P.S.
If you feel you need to be added to relations, just let me know. I'll think about it

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
I've been bored and Jacob has been having trouble sleeping so I wrote a little something about it. Enjoy!

It's Been A Long Night

I am on the side of a ship, swinging at the undead trying to clamber aboard. It's treacherous but someone must do it. All of us scramble back and forth, rushing to where the horde is thickest. I reach a point where they are almost at the edge. I look over the side right before someone bumps into me. My sword falls from my hands as I flip over the edge of the ship.

I look up to see a fearful face and the dead climbing to meet him. Then I hit the water. It rushes into my nose, my eyes, and my mouth. All I taste is salt as the hands start to close in. I kick and thrash in a frenzy. My elbow connects with a head and bursts through. My arm touches ragged flesh and pushes off. My boot connects with something and I feel it give way. I can't breathe, I can't see. Everything is water, salt, and clinging hands. I grab anything I can and force myself up, breaking the surface.

The sun on my skin is a welcoming sensation as I cough and sputter. I thrash more than swim away. My jacket is torn apart as I make a desperate attempt back onto the ship. I can barely see. My nose and eyes sting. I can feel them coming for me. There are shouts but they are distant, too distant. I will not let them take me. I will not let them have me.

A length of rope falls over the side of the ship and splashes into the water. I grab it with fervor and climb. The climb is hard but fear drives me past my limits. I will escape this hell. But I feel hands grab my ankle, then my belt, then my arms. They drag me back down. My shoulders are pulled back; so is my head. As my body hits the sea and water rushes to greet me I awake.

Soaked in sweat I thrash and scream into the waking world. My heart beats as if it wants out. The stars are so far above me as I shudder underneath the sparse foliage. My hands shake as I reach out and grab a handful of the forest floor, curling up and clutching it close. There are no scents of brine or rotting flesh. There are no hands that try to tear me apart. Never again. Never again. Please don't send me back.
I’m scared.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
Changelog

Another day, another update
  • Updated a good chunk of relations and added a couple new people
  • Added a current occupation
  • New weapons!
Changes in purple

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
Somewhere in the southern plains…

Winds whip the fields of grass into a shimmering sea as Jacob makes his way down the road. The sky has been steadily darkening over the past half hour and the smell of a storm is in the air. Despite this, Jacob keeps a steady pace. He knows there isn’t much he can do and isn’t too worried about this storm. He’s seen worse, after all. Soon the crack of thunder resounds in the air and the winds get even more ferocious. Still he keeps a steady pace. Soon the clouds finally send down their torrents of rain, and still he keeps a steady pace. One foot after the other he makes his way through this storm as the ground beneath him churns into mud. Yet his heart pounds in his chest and he lets out a childish whoop! Of delight. As he does, the storm enters him.

His lungs begin to expand with a rush of air as his heart pulses even louder. He shakes with a sudden rush of energy and starts running, faster and faster. His eyes have a crazed look as he runs about in a raging storm and screams with abandon, but still his lungs seem to have an inexhaustible amount of air. Jacob ends up slipping in the muddy road and falls to his knees and hands. As he does, the storm in him settles.

Rain pelts down on him as he sits there and looks down at the muddy road. His throat is ragged from screaming and his heart only now starts to calm down. Yet he can feel something new, something other residing deep within him. It has wrapped itself around his soul and cuddles up close to it. Not knowing what to do about any of this, he stands up, and begins walking. This time with a grin on his face.

UPDATE: Jacob is an air spiritblessed now. Not much has changed because he basically acted like it anyway.
Listed under possessions.

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
THE RETURN OF THE FINGER
Jacob, after many many years, has finally had a new finger grown for him. He celebrates the occasion by making his way through the ranger hall, flipping off everything in sight with delight.

(Also I updated relations, but if you feel like your character needs representation, just lemme know.)

Fortune

Legend of Altera
Patron
Pronouns
He/Him, She/Her, They/Them
___Fortune___
___Fortune___
Patron
Anyone who has a character over the ripe age of being in their 20's or even looks older than 20's is therefore old in comparison
What about elves, dwarves, and all the other characters with long lifespans which happen to be older than 20?

Sir Saltington

Lord of Altera
UPDATE:
I've been slacking, but I finally got around to it.
  • Updated some relations
  • More weapons
  • Link to blessed profile
  • Major update to goals
If you have a complaint or believe your character needs a relation, tell me secretary

LuxTop

Legend of Altera
>Reinhard Von Something - LuxTop
"This man really gets on my nerves, and its been a while since I’ve met someone who does that. Ignorant, pompous, and vain, I just can’t stand dealing with him. To sum it up: unbearable."

Mission accomplished :cool: