Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

January Newsletter 1.1.2021

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Staff
Tideborne
Tideborne
Sweetheart
newsletter.png
Waterday, 1st of Snowdown, 2308
Server News

✾Server Policy Updates, Announcements, & Changes
✾On-Going Server Facets
  • Great Suggestion Thread -- Staff requests the community help us out in showing us what you think needs working on or needs updating. [x]
  • Plugins & Game Commands -- Updated our plugins to 1.15! Now including a shop plugin that actually works! [x]
  • Region Highlight -- Every month from now on we will be trying to highlight a particular region, if you would like to have your region considered please submit! [x]
  • Support Tickets -- Support Tickets are still available for utilization of all members of the community for increased ease in contacting staff and logged/recorded tickets so less is forgotten. [x]
  • Contributor Perks -- When contributing to the continued operation of the Hollowworld server a number of titles and other possible perks cane be gained. [x]
  • [Looking for Events] -- Event Request Thread - This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. [x]
  • Harvesting and Crafting Plugins -- New to Hollowworld are a pair of plugins that help to bridge the gap between IC and OOC skills.
    • Crafting Plugin Guide [x]
    • Crafting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread [x]
    • Harvesting Plugin Guide [x]
    • Harvesting Plugin Feedback + FAQ Thread [x]
Events

✾Campaign Events

There is currently no active server Campaign, but do look out for events hosted by the Events team when they pop up and check out the following links.
  • [Looking for Events] - Event Request Thread - This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. [x]
  • A Note on Spontaneity and Player Initiative. [x]
✾Player Events-- Currently scheduled player events include the following.
  • Population Control - Jan. 4th 8:00 p.m. EST - Do not wait until your enemy is ready to fight you, hit them before they even know they are your enemy... [x]
  • Fel Bilworth's Eve Festival - Jan. 8th 4:00 p.m. EST - Many years past, asleep was the the world. But when they awoke, a tragedy unfurled. To find all of their money had turned into ash. Who had done away with all of their cash? [x]

• Make sure to check the calendar or front page of the forums for any new events. [x]
1565300668765.png
Contest

As many of you are already well aware last month we had a contest to pick a new banner for Storm's Landing, choosing from a number of wonderful pieces created by artists from our very community. I am delighted to announce that the unreasonably tight race is finally over and with thirty two votes our winner is Magic Intern!
FINALE.png
The winner will be receiving 35,000 radiants and their choice of a custom entry or exit message or a custom title. All other participants will be receiving 5,000 radiants. Thank you very much for everyone who took time out of their days to produce such wonderful art and for everyone who took part in the voting portion!
Recipe of the Month

✾[Cider] --
  • Apples on top, Apple-Potion-Apple mid, Wood on bottom. (Potion being mundane/water) -- With winter upon us make sure to warm up with a nice up of Cider!
9fc0b362bcd7966a33b04596696e3c2d.png

Credit to Elz for recipes and pictures. [x]

Riddle of the Month

If you think you know the answer to this months riddle PM Tideborne, the first five people who get it right will be featured in the following issue of the Newsletter along with the answer, and receive a 1000 radiant cash prize.

✾Last Month's Riddle --

Last months riddle was: I can speak in all tongues, my mouth spitting the poison of both life and death. I am silent at rest but in motion I cannot help but weep. Who am I?

• The answer to this riddle was: A Pen
The only person to get it right was..
This Month's Riddle --

This months riddle: I fill the sky, a blanket across the world. My touch, gentle enough to carry fresh fallen snow but power in turn to shake all foundations. But you will never see me, you will hear my wail.

✾Next Month's Riddle? --

If you have a riddle that you would like to have featured on the newsletter, feel free to PM [Media Coordinator]. If it's used in one of the Newsletters to come you will receive 5000 radiants in game. Extra points if it's lore related!

border_gold.png
hwglobe.png

Last edited: