Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Jax] Leofric Varyn - Tier one

TidalTerror

Lord of Altera
Patron
TidalTerror
TidalTerror
Patron

◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◢◣◥◤◢◣

- LEO -

IG NAME: Tidalterror
CHARACTER: Leofric Varyn
PROFILE:
{ Link }

PATRON: Jax

TIER: One

SPELL POINTS: 3 SP

ARTIFACTS: N/A

TRINKETS: N/A

PASSIVE:

They gain a tattoo of their choice thematic to Jax that seems to hold a basic animation when viewed (such as waves moving, a flag billowing, etc). Cannot exceed the size of a palm. (I'll...describe that sooner or later)
They find they can see underwater with no sting to the eyes and no blurriness to the vision.

Taking opportunities.
Turning grain to gold.

SPELL LIST
WITHIN REACH I
Divine
: Jax.
Tier: 1
Action: Prayer.
Cost: 1SP
Duration: As long as required.
Spell: The caster summons either their coin purse or one item that can be held in one hand after the uttering of a prayer and a show of gold dust appearing as it materializes in one of their hands. They may dismiss it at will, the cost of this spell only applying upon summoning. In cases of combat, weaponry takes a turn to appear, and is not instantaneous. Both item and coin purse must be belongings of the caster.

FORTUNE'S COMPANY
Divine
Cost: 2SP
Duration: One hour.
Spell: The caster summons an softly glowing orb that can fit in the palm of their hand, in either a gold or silver theme. If not held, it floats idly around the caster or can be directed to move somewhere within 5b of them, illuminating the area with the strength of a torch (though able to be dimmed to give off less or no light at all). It works underwater as well as in the air, and when it is near something of value in an event it will ring like a bell at DM discretion. It lasts for one hour or until dismissed.

UNLUCKY
Divine
Action: Prayer and the payment of one golden coin that disperses upon the cast.
Cost: 2SP
Duration: One day.
Spell: The caster curses an individual with bad luck and misfortune. The target finds that for the next 24 hours they will, at the choice of the caster, be given one of the following outcomes for the rest of the day:
[Clumsy] They bump into chairs, tables, walls, doors, and so on - As if everything has moved a few inches in the wrong direction and they never noticed. They even spill their drinks half the time. Wasteful.
[Loser] They lose every gamble they make, find that they have lost half their coin purse amount, and one of their normal possessions has abruptly been left at home or somewhere else entirely. Such as a boot, or a sword, or a cloak. How could they be so careless?
[Forgetful] They call people by the wrong name and make a fool of themselves for it, gaining a faint stutter and stammer that they surely didn't have before. They might have had a meeting to go to, or a delivery to make, but they've simply lost track of time.
Note: This cannot be used to sway the outcome of combat but the player may factor it in if they desire to do so.

BINDING CONTRACT I
Divine
Cost: 1SP
Duration: Permanent until broken.
Spell: The caster summons forth a golden quill and scroll of parchment from thin air with a poof of gold glitter, and it writes up a contract as spoken by the caster. The target can then take the quill to sign it, and the contract is sealed. Should this agreement or contract be broken in any way, the blessed witnesses the contract tear itself up in front of them, and the target is plagued with misfortune for the next week in a similar line to [UNLUCKY], the choice of either three options being up to the target (Clumsy, Loser, Forgetful).
Note: The contract states explicitly what will happen if the terms are not met. The one signing it is fully aware of the consequences. The contract cannot be altered once written.

DIVINE PROGRESS
- - -

TIER ONE
In order to first become Blessed, the following requirements should be met;
Show worship of a Divine for at least one month OOC from the creation of a divine profile/thread: {X✓}
The character must be at least two months old OOC: {✓}
The character must be at least sixteen years of age: {✓}
Must significantly contribute to (by attending) or host an event which is of thematic significance to their divine: {✓}
Three notable acts in line with their Divine (Hunting, Healing, Bartering, etc) separate to the event(s) above: {✓} {✓} {✓}
One offering of an item to their Divine at a shrine/church/etc (Log its OOC location for collection.):{✓}

TIER TWO
In order to first become tier two, the following requirements should be met;
Show extended worship, with one month OOC since achieving Blessed status. {✓} -Blessed as of Nov 12th 2021
Must significantly contribute to (by attending) or host at least two events which are of thematic significance to their divine. {}{}
The character should keep something on them that represents their Divine personally. (Items, Clothing, etc) {✓} - Leo carries a dagger with many jax themed engravings, coins to idly flip, jewelry mainly in the form of earrings, and his trusty Shark Hammer (I'd say sharks are pretty jax thematic...)
Must create a small shrine to their Divine, and grant it an offering. (Must be an item, check notes at the top of the page.) {Ish-} - As of now the shrineis yet to be made oocly, but the offering has been.
Must have at least five instances in their divine log where they have personally done something significant seen favourably by their Divine separate to the event(s) above.

> Finds himself befriending Eliss, and flocking to Jax.
> Leo formed his own little treasure hunting group, "The Underhand", in order to fulfill his goal of receiving an immortal arm
> Leo attends Eliss's black jack nights, and even hosts a night, and comes to realize maybe he's bad at gambling. [x]
>Leo is brought up into Umbra and Eliss's cool new cult. [x]
>Leo attended the Greed event, and he sure was a little Greedy. Nabbed a few petals, got himself a gold ring, and even helped save a unicorn. [x]
>Leo parts with the ring, sending it off as a gift to Jax (location tba)
>Leo does a beach patrol for coin with a group. They signed up to fight Crabs, and Killed Crooners instead. Leo was in charge of holding onto half the coin, and sure held on and kept that half. [x]
>Alongside pocketing the coin, Leo and the group confronted their contractor of dubious nature, and Leo started a fight with the man, in honor of the man he sent to his death, and to relieve him of the coin in his pockets.
>Upon beating up the crabby captain, Leo relieved him of his flask of "grog", and found and claimed a ruined blade from the sea. He made a very good (in his opinion) trade, and obtained a [Shark Hammer].
(Also @ that event he said these things and I feel like they're pretty...prominent :
"Oh no, I understand it. Cracking eggs, for a little bit of coin."
"Nothing ventured, nothing gained, and the such."
"Nono, actually boss, I think I understand everything crystal clear now. You like gambling? Using people as bait and such, trading lives for coin?"
"Hey I never said your methods don't work. Just think maybe if you're trading lives for it, you should start with your own first"
All of which were said while holding his weapon at the man)
>Leo becomes blessed, tier one, of Jax!
__________________________--------------------------------___________________________

>The Underhand (and their generous watercraft providers) took to the depths to reclaim the old treasure of the Meridain. Using Fortune's Company and a Spiritblessing, the group picked the shipwreck clean, and Leofric made off with ten golden coins, a dagger, and a set of rusted armor. [x]
>Leofric left the items he found to be useless yet still worth preservation to their benefactors, to make into a museum.
>Leofric offers a prayer to Jax, in his own horrible wretched way, and offers golden coins upon his shrine to Jax
>Leo and Eliss make a plan of action, driven to offer a figment to Jax. Leo requests the assistance of a friend and uses Binding Contract I to swear them silence of the plot.
>Leo confronts a fellow blessed of jax to request assistance but...makes a bad impression.
>Leo and Eliss team up to battle 'Lowan', figment of Riposte. Leo finds himself enamored by her combat ability, but disappointed in her insults. He hopes the other figments aren't all so obnoxious. [x]
>Leo offers to pay Lysander coin to "soften up" the figment before Eliss and Leo's battle.
>Leo speaks to a young man unaligned to any divine, and seeks to induct him into spooky cult business. Though it's unlikely they will take interest, an attempt was made
>Leo joins a gang of 'heroes' to handle a demon threat plaguing the landing. He assists in taking down the largest foe, and makes out like a bandit with a demonic axe. [x]
>Leofric makes a deal with Veldric, to polish his offering to Jax, in exchange for a favor or two.
>Leo passes his sage knowledge of mortality, in the eyes of a jaxite, to a grieving Fita-and gives her alcohol to ail her woes.
>Leo binds himself and his co-worker Eliss to a contract, betting that if Eliss fails to make away with 'the crown' Leo will be paid-and if Eliss succeeds, the inverse
>Leo is the bestman and ring bearer to Eliss and Marian's wedding. A small prank is played in regards to a bet on the ring, but little more occured
>Leo joins a party of three to hunt for Fluich eggs, and battles both a giant spider and vymbat on the trek there [x]
>Though he was unable to save a woman from being killed by the Vymbat, he helped her leave on a high note. She took risk taking to the swamp in order to gaze upon the Fluich's beauty, and with a cast of Illuminate to calm her, as well as words of affirmation, Leo helped sweeten the reward she gambled her life for. He made sure to give her as proper a burial as possible in the circumstances.
>Moments after laying a woman to her final rest, the party and he made off with two fluich eggs, one of the two being left in his care thanks to a coin flip.

Last edited:

TidalTerror

Lord of Altera
Patron
TidalTerror
TidalTerror
Patron
This can go in the /blessed zone/ or sumn. I'll...I'm not even gonna tell you I'm gonna make it pretty I never actually do, I'm a liar and a fraud lol

TidalTerror

Lord of Altera
Patron
TidalTerror
TidalTerror
Patron
Um, so Admittedly this was going to be an ingame prayer, but then I got swamped and couldn't log on a lot and honestly I just figured I could write it better than I could emote it?? I don't know if this counts for anything on his progression but I figured I would post it anyways. Warning, it's long, and was made late at night and I didn't edit anything formatting wise. Also it's a little angsty, and not IC public knowledge, obviously.
An elf sits down in front of a table, decorated in coins, red as rose from head to toe, if you ignore his blue eyes moistened by the blight. He takes a deep breath, though teeth not quite sharp, but never really dull anymore. Remnants of the curse. He takes a moment to focus, then refocus, gaze locked onto the center of the table's ring. Nine coins make the circle, tails up. One more in the middle, heads. He clears his throat and begins.
Hello...Hi? Jax? I’m...you’re tolerant of casual greetings, no? I’m not the eloquent sort. I also know that...this is likely not a story you need to be told. But...I feel as though...well...if you don’t need it, I need it. I...I need this, right? So...tune out when you get bored...Anyways Jax, it’s me Leofric. Leofric Varyn, Leo, you know? I...I’m not quite happy with the bounty I’m offering this time around, after all, what’s ten coins to your vault of tens of thousands? But…
The boy stops, bringing his right hand, right and only mind you, to his face to rub his temple furiously. Despite what you’d think of his stumbling, he’s painfully sober.
Anyways, I thought I’d talk about myself. I’m...well I’m a treasure hunter, as I’m sure you’ve gathered. Was a damn good one too, if I do say so myself. I was...so close to…
He coughs. Then he hacks. Dramatically. Like a man filibustering. Like a boy cornered. He stammers a moment, then quickly snaps back into his rambling with more aggression than he’d anticipated.
Well, the point is I’m not close anymore! I was, but now I’m not. So I got a little cocky, just once mind you, and it was well earned because I was seconds, mere seconds away from...from a treasure to put me on the map. To put me in the books. So you couldn’t blame me right? I couldn’t have known there would be some...some old bastard man under my feet, under the dirt right? I couldn’t have known some...some vyre was guarding it! I mean, that was a cheap shot right??”
The boy exclaims, pushing himself to his feet and waving an arm into the air in fiery rage, circling the chair like a furious dog.
And I’m sure you’ve seen my luck! Not only do I get to be brutally eaten at by a vyre who decided to...to...to loiter by my treasure for his eternal naptime, not only do I get to see and feel all of it, each imprint his teeth made in my flesh, not only do I get to hear it, my own screams mixed with his snarling, and not only do I get that stench of blood imprinted on my conscious...but I get all of that alone. Nobody to scribe it in a book, nobody to sing songs about it. Just me and this vyre, who no doubt went back to bed once he was finished with his...midnight snack. I mean, what kind of treasure hunter would I have been?
He kicks the chair across the room, watching it slam against the wall of the room he’s likely only renting, glaring daggers at the furniture piece as though it had insulted him or his own. He squints for a moment, breaths ragged.
That woulda been it, right? My siblings would’ve never known what happened. Just that I was the Varyn who got away right? Weakest of the bunch? Who knows if they’d care. Don’t know if ma or da would either, eh? I mean, why would they? Family of the strong, the capable, I bet they’d just be disappointed right? Nice going Leo, getting yourself decapitated in the middle of nowhere! Toast to that, right?
The boy's voice is moments away from escalating to a scream, as he walks over and grabs the chair off the table. He tosses it back to where it originally sat, at his makeshift altar, and quickly steps on the seat with his right leg before it has a chance to tip over once more. He grins wildly.
So sure, I dropped the ball. Played a dumb game, whoopsy daisy. But you and I-?
The boy starts, pointing at the table.
You and I are gonna remedy that, right? Because thanks to that same disgusting walking corpse, my death became a new life. I’ve got another shot. Sure, this bodys much weaker, frailer, and you know, missing a vital piece of it-
He makes a show of waving his left arm, or rather the shoulder to elbow that remains of it. He laughs a little, as he does so.
But we’ll work on that. We’ll fix that problem, we’ll fix it all and then we’re gonna bask in that title. I’ll be a treasure hunter proper. You’ll be...well, only a little richer no doubt, but that’s still slightly richer than you’d be before right? We’ll have thrones overlooking our hauls and we’ll never ever be forgotten.
The boy steps off the chair and brings himself closer to the table, bending down significantly, the wood being much too low for a boy his height, and he slams his elbow down, holding out his arm as though engaging in an arm wrestle. Or a metaphorical handshake.
So you sit pretty and watch, while I fix my mess and make my mark yeah? We got a deal?
As one would expect, the table has no response, unless you count the scattering of the coins neat circle from the impact of the boy's arm. This doesn’t deter Leo.
I’ll take your silence as being speechless in my awe. I know it’s a lot to take in, but we’re business partners now so keep it professional, aye?
The boy stands up and pockets his hand in his coat. Then he turns and walks away from the table, making for the door. He stops at the doorway and turns back to the table, face frozen in an expression of a serious businessman’s scowl. He drawls.
Jax, meet Leofric Varyn. Leofric Varyn...Jax. Here’s to immortality boss.
The dumb grin returns with a vengeance, and he blows out the lantern before slamming the door behind him.

Again I'm aware this isn't my best work (and it definitely isn't formatted as such) but since leofric isn't really around often I figured this would be a good way to get a delve into his personality for those who haven't...and also it was just fun to write! Inspiration struck at a weird time what can I say? This...likely wont be the last of these to be honest, because writing monologues like this is pretty damn fun. That's all for now though.
Here it is in google doc form, incase that's easier to read. [x]

Last edited: