Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jocasta Vita's Illuminated Loomery!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Posters are put up in Storm’s Landing, Halbed, Astrakhan and Queensport.

Do you wish your dressmaker also made gambesons? Or that your tailor made more than suits?

I am proud to announce that I can supply you with that and more at my Loomery!
My name is Jocasta Vita, a proud member of Eldpoint's guardforce! I am also a born-and-raised seamstress, weaver, and fur-trapper! Since I have a bit of free time between training, I've decided to put my skills to good use and supply my handiwork to all who may desire them. Below is my current selection of crafts, along with prices- though the prices may change, as each piece is commissioned and custom-designed by the buyer. All of these may be a general or specific size. General sizes are one-size fits all and are categorized as such: Small, Medium, and Large. I do not work in jewels, gold or silver unless you supply those materials and are willing to give me extra time to finish such delicate work.
  • Shirts & Tunics- The best materials for these are cotton, linen, or finespun wool. As a forewarning- I define tunics as short-sleeved shirts decorated or designed in the traditional Asrakosian style. They may be worn with or without pants, and are best worn with a simple belt. They're a perfect piece to wear on a hot, summer day! Without decorations or expensive dyes, a shirt or tunic will cost around 200 radiants.
  • Pants- The best materials for these are cotton, linen, and finespun wool. Fur or roughspun wool can be added as an outer lining. Can be short or long. A plain commission costs around 150 radiants.
  • Cloaks- Cloaks can be made of any material imaginable. I specialize in fine and roughspun wool cloaks, as well as bearskin and wolf skin cloaks. The former cost around 150-200 radiants, while the latter cost a hefty 1,500 radiants for the added danger of getting the skins. However, they are absolutely worth it in terms of warmth and aesthetic value!
  • Dresses- Depending on the materials and design, these dresses can cost as little as 120 radiants or as high as 1,000 radiants. I can create traditional dresses from my homeland- like the breezy peplos, the elegant stola or even a mock-up of the dresses that the royal women of Astrakhan wear! To be clear- only royalty will have the latter option dyed purple, so as not to devalue such a prestigious color. I can also fashion any other sort of dress you desire- though I may ask for specific blueprints in case it's something I've never encountered before!
  • Togas, suits and other men's formal wear- These will have a baseline cost of 2,000 and any added decoration will cost extra. These do not come in generic sizes (except for togas- you can't really tailor those things). Again, only royalty can ask for these things in purple. Togas are best worn with sandals or easily-hidden boots. If you like running or are not good at dancing in confining clothing, I'd recommend against wearing the toga and would suggest you attend in another type of formal garb- which I can provide, of course.
  • Gambesons and aketons/subarmalis- Depending on the material, these can actually get quite pricey. However, even the cheapest option is guaranteed to protect you against most blunt damage. Subarmalis and aketons are both sleeveless, though the latter is longer and is able to be worn as an outer garment. Subarmalis tend to be thinner and ought to be worn as secondary armor instead of a primary piece. The cheapest option is stuffed with horsehair and has 2-4 layers of linen, cotton or wool. The best stuffing would be raw wool, and as such, costs an extra 20 radiants. Further layers of material beyond 4 cost 10 radiants per layer. I can go up to thirty for a gambeson, 20 for an aketon, and maybe 10 for a subarmalis. I can dye them in heraldic colors for a negotiable price. I can also cover them in vegetable-tanned leather if you provide the leather. This will cost an extra 50 radiants.
So, if you're interested in buying my wares, leave a letter with Jack the tavernkeep at Storm's Landing, the gatekeeper at Halbed, or my family in Astrakhan (The Vita's). I like to meet face to face with my customers so that I may take measurements and so we can hash out any questions you might have, so please make time for an intensive meeting!
OOC: Basically either catch Jo in the tavern or send me a PM either on the forums or in Discord in the form of an IC letter :)

Last edited:

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
-|- A poster is set up besides fresh advertisements. -|-

I am searching for a supplier of wool, cotton, linen, and other sewing materials.