Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

jonmitchell's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

jonmitchell

Legend of Altera
jonmitchell
jonmitchell
1. What is your Minecraft username?
jonmitchell

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States, WA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is allowing information garnered out of role play to influence decision making, actions, or outcomes within role play.

Powergaming is acting without sufficient inflection of attempt. This tends to manifest as forcing an outcome, favorable or otherwise without allowing for outside influence from other characters or the world around them.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a programmer working towards becoming an independent VR applications developer. I enjoy role playing games of various sorts and particularly like to engage in statecraft oriented role play and city building along with my friends.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yes.

Some Etruscan/Latin Build prototypes

Album of city from previous server, built with steven21113043

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Long hours of probing and sifting through other role play servers looking for the right fit for us, I am bringing some friends to play as well.

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Karanos Voljaraka

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
A lean man, with an olive complexion, Karanos' age is betrayed by his salt and pepper hair. He has dark brown set of lightly bagged eyes. He stands 5ft 10in, quite average. His skin has a taught look to it, strung over dense arms, like tanned leather being stretched around the trunk of a small tree.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

I had never imagined myself to be one capable of betrayal. From the time of my birth, noble birth, under a house whose roots lied with loyal ties to the highest lord, I knew that above all other things in this world loyalty was pinnacle. So it would come as no surprise that at a young age I found myself in service of the Lord, our glorious leader Aco Antagonos. Everyone has different memories of him; a cruel evil leader, a tyrannical dictator, an obsessive crazed seeker of power. But in my memory he was only one thing… my friend. It is a secret I keep buried deeper than any other for it is one so raw in it’s truth that it hurts even me to think of it. For those who came and took his throne it was easy, for to them he was a stranger who had only taken from them. But for me, it was oh so much harder. Since my youth he had always been kind to my family, it was him who took me in on the day of my coming of age. He stayed at my father's bedside when he passed, he brought flowers to my mother everyday for a month to help in her mourning, he wept when my brother passed on the battlefield… and he sacrificed the peasants like lambs to a slaughter house. I still have nightmares of it, the descent into madness that took my precious friend from me, the screams of his victims as they cursed his very name and mine too. I’m not sure how it took me so long to see it, but by the time I had taken notice it felt like it had all happened over night. When word of the usurpers hit my ears I almost told him. But when I went to his chambers that day he snapped at me for entering unannounced, screaming that if I did not leave at once he would offer me up next. I was horrified, and it was perhaps that horror that lead to me making the decision I did. It was not hard, to poison him the way I did. I merely slipped it into his meals each day, quietly and somberly. Still above all else the thing that haunts me most is his final moments, before Orel broke in to deal the finishing blow to him, he looked up at me with his sickly eyes and said, ‘I am sorry Karanos, I am so sorry.’ I could not bare to answer him back.

jonmitchell

Legend of Altera
jonmitchell
jonmitchell
I just realized this may cause confusion; steven21113043 and I live together, and thus share the same IP, same with Misumena_vatia, my fiance, who has decided she would also like to play. I can try and provide evidence of this is there are worries of alt abuse.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.