Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

JonSnow's application [Declined - Niko]

JonSnow

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Phoenix453
2. How old are you?
3. What country are you from?
South Africa

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes, I have read all of them. I must say, all of this adds a lot to the immersion. It feels like I am genuinely filling an application to enter a real world place!

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming:When someone goes past the boundaries or rules set by the game by using external forces.
Powergaming: When you are not paying attention to the storyline, not being sociable or not paying attention to little details of the game. Your sole purpose is to max your character.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.
7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko
8. Tell us about yourself!
I play the ukulele and violin. My favorite type of music is alternative and indie. I play skyrim as well as the total war series. I love the fantasy genre, I have read all of the LOTR books as well as the HP ones.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
No, sorry...
10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Through Planet Minecraft.
About my character:

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Tomas

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Brown eyes, hair as dark as the night sky, pale skin, 5.7ft tall with an average build.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
https://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/jon-snow-got/
Written test:

As a young boy, Tomas used to sit around the fire at his mother's inn, listening to the stories that the travelers told. He used to fall asleep at the fire, with its cozy warmth, heating him up. All those stories made him want to venture to the world beyond, just like the travelers.

He would make a fake sword out of wood, go to the nearby caves and fight imaginary monsters. He was bullied by the other village kids for doing so. They called him crazy and said that he wouldn't last one second out there.

His father was the town blacksmith, therefore the children mocked him and said that he was poor and scruffy. On his 14th birthday, he was gifted a sword. He took his belt, wrapped it around his waist and sheathed his sword. He walked around the village with pride as he saw the jealousy in the other children's eyes. That was his moment.

At the age of 16 Tomas's mother grew very ill and died. His family had lost the inn but his father still had his job. For income, he would help the farmers at their farms, this gave him a lot of exercise. When harvest season was over, he would help his father at the forge to increase the income of the business.

Every day Tomas would train with the sword that his father had given him. The sound of a blade swinging was like ecstasy. He would temper the blade every day, making it more durable and sharper.

At the age of 18 Tomas wanted to leave his village, but he just couldn't leave his father with no family. He joined the village guard to increase their money. The village guard helped improve Tomas' fighting skill. They had raided a few bandit camps that year, but Tomas quickly grew tired of bandits.

The day had come, Tomas was ready, on his 19th day of birth he had raised enough money for someone else to help his father. He took what he could carried and sheathed his magnificent sword. He thought of his mother, how proud would she have been to see this day come. Every penny he made, was going to be used to help his father. He walked away from his village. After a while he looked back and saw the outline of the village as the sun was busy setting, then he looked forward and saw only darkness. He bravely pressed on, into a life of adventure...

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there. Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld. Before we continue, there are a few issues that need to be went over before we can continue.

- Your meta gaming and power gaming definitions are not in accordance with our server's definition. I suggest rereading the Roleplay Survival Guide which contains our server's definitions of power gaming and meta gaming along with several examples.

- Typically, we ask that characters start off with basic skills and equipment, such as a basic iron sword. This is done because roleplaying out learning new skills is far more fun than starting out with it in backstory. Other than that, your test was very well written and I enjoyed it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application and I look forward to reading it once again.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
This application has been declined for inactivity. Feel free to reapply.