Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jonur's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Jonur

Legend of Altera
MrSmileyJ
MrSmileyJ
1. What is your Minecraft username?
MrSmileyJ

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Portugal

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming would be using information gathered outside of a role play scenario and using it for one's advantage, an example of this would be hearing through OOC that someone is a spy on a nearby castle and warning it's owner.
Powergaming is when someone uses actions in RP which do not give the other player time to react and/or crippling him instantly, giving an unfair advantage to the other player(s).

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, since not everyone has access to them and, in my opinion, it takes out the fun and excitement in finding and mining rare minerals and ores.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
One would be, for example Jinny

8. Tell us about yourself!
Since I have an originally Portuguese and hard to pronounce name, most people call me Smiley, due to my minecraft nickname which I tend to use in other games and game platforms, such as steam, origin and U-play. I don't have many hobbies, most of the time I either focus on school or play video games with friends or alone. I tend to like most music, from such Frank Sinatra's songs, to modern music, such as Arctic monkeys. Talking of monkeys and terrible segways, I currently own no pets however I have thought multiple times about owning a Guinea-pig.
I have played in roleplay servers once or twice however never with a server with so much lore as this one, which i look forward to play in.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I can't really say I have any examples of what i do since it's highly theoretical.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I found this server whilst looking for something to do and found the post at Planet Minecraft.

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Jonur Steelclad

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
A 4.3 ft tall, 216 lbs weighing, dwarf who has small blue eyes, balding, dark brown hair with a medium sized beard (as far as dwarves go)
a rather large gut and chest.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
n/a

Written Test!
Jonur was born in a city civilized by humans, elves and dwarves, however due to a racial conflict the races alienated each other resulting in a separation of work, humans were expected to take care of economic and resource managing as well as construction duties and diplomacy issues, elves would take care of gathering food and logs from the woods and livestock, and lastly dwarves worked the farm fields and mining operations. Jonur grew up helping his father with coal shipments after a day of playing with his human friend Gulenbrad.
At the age of 26 he decided, along with Gulenbrad, to travel the world and at the age of 30 they came across a small village and, whilst Jonur decided to keep on his travels, Gulenbrad, upon considering his lifespan, decided it was time for him to settle down and start a family. So, they said their goodbyes and agreed to when possible, see each other again.

Jonur was 57 when he received a letter saying his father had perished due to a lung disease caused by over exposure to coal dust, and so decided to settle down in a small city where he worked the farmland and became patron of a Pub, until one day news of a rebellion nearby arrived and, recognizing his lack of skill in combat Jonur decided, to find his old friend Gulenbrad, unfortunatly once he reached the village where he had last seen him, he was informed that Gulenbrad had died at the edge of a raider's axe who had attacked the village some time ago, leaving the town he saw the camps of burnt wheat, the corpses of cows and chickens, the ashes of what once had been a wood stockpile, but this gave him an idea, wheat, livestock, wood, these were all things only one person could provide alone, a merchant, initially he decided to trade in order to help the village recover from the attacks, after this at the age of 94 he made a choice to re start his life as a merchant.

He began with the basics, trading raw resources and, soon enough, livestock. After some years of learning about the market Jonur learnt how to craft tools, food and how to refine ores.
Jonur was raising quite a fortune, to much in fact, so much so that various groups of bandits started to take notice, to this day Jonur had never seen such an amazingly coordinated stream of attacks,
over the night, caravans were raided, seconds after news of burning farms arrived and soon after that mines collapsed and livestock was slaughtered.

And watching his property disappear like sand between his fingers he decided with only a bag full of gold, 143 years of age and his wit, to go out and explore the world once again.

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Hello! Your application is on the right track, but your powergaming and metagaming terms are not defined like we asked! Please refer to our roleplaying guide, then write the definitions in your own words.

Jonur

Legend of Altera
MrSmileyJ
MrSmileyJ
Hello! Your application is on the right track, but your powergaming and metagaming terms are not defined like we asked! Please refer to our roleplaying guide, then write the definitions in your own words.
Greetings! I am currently working on re-writing this, after a quick re-reading of both my application and the application guide I see that i confused ''defining'' powergaming and metagaming with ''my opinion on them''.
As previously mentioned I'm fixing it right now.

Ok, I've changed it, if there are any further issues just say.

Last edited:

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

------------------

As a side note, remember your character cannot start out with more than basic knowledge of the skills you mentioned. He can know how to do blacksmithing, but he has to have that room to grow and develop.