Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Jorvun

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
1634796857460.png

1613657518578.png

(WIP i'm lazy)​

KEY INFORMATION
————————————
Titles |
None at first, born a lowly shepherd. Knighted under Raalvara of Edelmonte. Once chosen to be Lord Regent of Blackrush in her absence.
For years now, he has condemned titles of nobility.
Age | Vaguely in his twenties
Gender | Male
Race | Human
Date of Birth | Unknown
Date of Death | His final death has not occurred yet.
Homeland | A wooded meadow, somewhere west of Eastwatch and north of Amaranthine.
Relationship | Uninvolved
Current Homes | A tent in the steppe.

APPEARANCE
—————————

Jorvun is unassuming by almost every measure, appearing to be an ordinary man in his twenties—save for the vertical scar running down his cheek. Although reserved, he is often seen with a resting and cordial smile, and speaks in a gentle tone.
Sunkissed, from entire days spent outdoors as well some Sooleran heritage. With an athletic figure – enhanced by the war god's blessing – the young man stands with a militaristic posture, at around 5'9. Chestnut-brown hair falls to his shoulders in waves, swept to the right, accompanied with a beard that is slightly redder in tint.

Voice | this guy

Attire
His civilian outfit tends to comprise a modest shirts, varying from white to grey or blue, along with a pair of loose, baggy, grey-brown pants. They're secured by a wide belt of embossed leather, then tucked into his boots. Often, blue scarves adorn his neck and right bicep to denote his faith. As of late, he has taken to wearing a gambeson on a casual basis too.
On more ceremonial occasions, Jorvun arrays himself in a dignified tunic of blue, woolen fabric. In black thread, it bears intricate embroidery of wildlife. The set is completed with a wolfskin cloak, draped over his shoulders, and a decorative cuirass of leather lamellar.
Regardless of the time and space, he dons cavalry boots of dark leather, with an elevated heel for better control on the stirrups when riding.

Armaments
A left-handed gauntlet of hardened steel and fine leather, that covers the arm and reaches up to the elbow. The metal appears to have subtle tones of crimson and azure when it catches the light. It is otherwise undecorated.
Passive: The armour is indestructible, articulated and cast perfectly to the attuned's form.
[Ability - FIST]: Three times a day, the gauntlet can be imbued with the strength much greater than that of a normal strike—akin to a mace or warhammer. The attuned's hand must be closed into a fist for at least one turn of preparation, wherein the steel glows a colour thematic to Valiant, before it can be used for an enhanced attack.
An oaken shield, circular and convex, roughly 35' in diameter. Striking white illustrations adorn the azure field, with spirals of black. They depict wild horses, an extinct animal known as the 'crokka', and other great, noble beasts.
A warhammer, with a piercing spike at the top and a vicious crow's beak. Around two feet in length, it bears langets on the haft for reinforcement, as well as a rondel guard above the comfortable grip. No decorations adorn this pragmatic weapon.

Possessions –
'Purpose' | A locket upon a sturdy chain, the material a dark steel. Within, two images of both the wearer and the one they care for most appear as small portraits.
When the two are near one another within whisper chat, they feel more secure and find the potency of fear and trauma is lessened. When held in hand with intent, both linked individuals feel the brief presence of one another, for comfort.
A renowned herd of warhorses, along with other farm animals.
A rock of irzis-fyr ore, kept in a pouch.

Other arms and ornaments;
A longsword of dark blue steel with a ruby pommel, gifted to him long ago by Valiant's messenger, Gerard.
A collection of books written by High Priestess Ashna.
And a number of trinkets such as books, statues, coins, et cetera.

QUALITIES AND FLAWS
——————————————
Strengths –
Riding & herding
Born in a family of nomadic pastoralists, he learned the ways of the shepherd and horseman at a young age, and further developed these skills as a traveling livestock merchant in adulthood.
Warfare
The mobilisation of soldiers, equipment, and general tactics and strategies of war are familiar to him, through experience and literature.

Sailing and navigation
He has a good sense of direction, and a life at sea has made him familiar with ships and how they function, effectively.

Woodwork (Master)
Acquired the skill throughout the wrighting and maintenance of several of the Tideborne's vessels and settlements. As well as supplying the crew with crossbows, truncheons, weapon hafts, training swords, etc. His specialization is bows.
Riding
He has some skill on horseback, after stealing a destrier from Renatus' renowned herds. In the period he also performed quite well in some jousts, but it has been some time.

Weaknesses –
Ellie, Avalyn, Ardaric, and Alvaro
Old age; missing eye
Distrusting; headstrong; arrogance
Alcohol

Fears –
Death; condemnation to Hell; second death.
Harm befalling his family.
Old age, and the frailty that comes with it.
Disappointing as a father, as his family has a terrible history of doing.

Intelligence | Not the brightest. Once educated, years of debauchery and negligence have led him to forget a lot—he is still somewhat very knowledgeable, however.

Profession | Lord of a city-state, captain of a merchant ship, sellsword

Languages –
Common | Mother tongue
Raised in settlements where it was the most prevalent language.
Fae | Fluent
Adopted by a Caparii lordling by the name of Galenai, he mastered it in his childhood, nearly as well as Common.
Elven | Proficient
Consorts in the past taught him their language. He doesn't speak with the discernable accent of any subrace.
Aori | Fluent-ish
He learned from the locals of Linistel, during his extended stays in his abode there. It came easily to him, given his familiarity with Fae, the root language.

Old Arcturian | Advanced
During his service to the Old Empire, he was taught the strange tongue by his superiors for official decorum. Then he delved into more colloquial phrases among the soldiers.
Lavoyard | Advanced
Though he learned it later in life, he knows it better due to its more common prevalence in Altera, even if it's a mostly dead language. As it developed from a language he already knew, it as not as difficult to learn as it could've been. He spoke it often in the company of a knight errant, from the nobility of Turia.
Engem | Conversational
Once his mother tongue, he has lost proficiency over the centuries due to its very infrequent use.

Last edited:

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
1599759921057.png

1599759977717.png

–= RELATIONS =

– Revered –
Valiant | God
A solace in hardship, the impetus to his ambition.

– Loved –
-​
– Trusted –
Raalvara | Guardian
"Take care, Mother. All I am today, I owe to you.
Thank you."
Kitrana | Compatriot
Raalvara’s sister. Although they hardly knew each other and were little more than strangers, the witch was one of the first people he would go to, in times of need. He trusted her with his life.
Rowley | Brother
Though he was dim in Jorvun's eyes, and disappointing in his more recent years, they were brothers in arms and faith. Jorvun had gone through many ordeals alongside Rowley, and the two had formed a strong bond.
Eren Abel | Comrade
Brother in arms and faith. Jorvun had gone through many ordeals alongside Eren, and the two had formed an unbreakable bond.
Uriel | Commander
"Thank you for trying. I'm sorry."
Alek | Companion
"Raal was right to like you." A recurring face in Jorvun's life, and a strangely comforting sight.
Quill Emiryn | Flower
They didn't speak much, but always enjoyed themselves when they did. A slowly blossoming friendship.
Alexandra Whitmor | Joy
"I'm sorry I didn't get to know you better.
...Thank you."

– Befriended –
Clement | Familiar
"Quill's new partner... He seems to be a good man." His affiliation with the Kalstaat is something Jorvun forgets entirely when speaking to him. A reliable pillar of support for Quill during her breakup, and an otherwise pleasant person to be with.
Bennett | Unyielding
"Enjoy life, damn it. Learn, and remember."
Rolland Schiff | Ally
"You fought well." There is also a fear within Jorvun that he might lose Rolland again, paired with a somewhat forced jaded numbness. He tries to make himself believe it's to be expected in their line of work, and that his mind shouldn't linger on it.
Now unblessed, though for reasons unknown. He had hoped to find out.
Lana | Scholar
Jorvun is grateful for both her support during his curse, and the work she's done in trying to unify the realm against threats.
Connor Hayden | Hope
"I killed your murderer." A justice.. of sorts, was delivered.
"Come visit. It'd be nice to have you."
Florence | Close
"You were a good friend. Life was good when we met—a shame I threw it all away."
Sophie Velour | Comfort
"Thank you for your time.." When things go wrong, as they are wont to do, she is enjoyable company. A welcome distraction from work life.

– Liked –
Ashna | Hospitable
"Have you been keeping well? Thank you for the cure, and letting me visit.."
Gerry
"it's just a prank bro" headass, love him tho
Jenette
"I cannot thank you enough for your help." Fellow victim of Branko and his gatorade. They recovered, thankfully.
"I wish you the best of luck with Shalherana's shift... Anyway, I'm glad to see you again." yooo she got lazerbeamed tho that shit was crazy
Thordil
Jorvun appreciates the arms, armour and aid the dwarf supplied during the war. His most recent gifts are especially prized.

– Neutral –
Most people
James Varyn | Vestige
Raalvara's husband. As blunt and cold the lord is, he is still a man Jorvun looks up to.
"I really, really hope y-you come back."

– Unsure of –
City people
Wolfgang von Harrister | Visionary
An ally, in a different world. They decided to be foes instead.
Wilhelm von Conrad | Past
"I'm disappointed... but I'll miss you."

– Wary of –
The Ashen Truth | Fester
Asher Varyn | Healing scar
"Disrespectful, brash, entitled." Perhaps 'forgiving' isn't the right word, but Jorvun eventually saw past the man's spiteful actions in his youth, and saw potential to collaborate.
– Afraid of –
-

– Disliked –
Richard Varyn | Adversary
In his dying moments, Jorvun was ashamed to admit a part of him still longed for life, and wanted to yield—though the 'cowardice' was pushed aside, and he fought till the bitter end.

– Despised –
Jishrim | Tyrant
Branko | Undying
"Good riddance."
"Your time will come.
Kilrox | Senseless

Last edited:

GhostKairo

sparkles emoji
Pronouns
He/Him
Tidepod__
Tidepod__
Hero
this has been UPDATED! he's a knight now, we ballin

new art by me and Raal !!
made the whole thing more in depth even tho no one reads it : (
also- new relations (poke me in case you find your char's relation, or lack thereof, unsatisfactory)

Last edited: