Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Kai's Application [Approved - Squidziod]

Kai Crisman

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
kia9_17

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
U.S.A.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information you character doesn't specifically know from an OOC conversation or something they couldn't hear in a roleplay situation. Powergaming is when you portray your characters actions without giving the other person a chance to resist your action.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Azzie
8. Tell us about yourself!
I'm a pretty average male highschool student in America. I play many video games on the pc such as World Of Warcraft, Unturned, Ark: Survival Evolved and many more. I also play the table top game Dungeons And Dragons every week with my friends. I'm more of a dog person than cat but I still like cats because as long as they don't get fat they're adorable thought their entire life. I'm not an a student but I put in enough work to where I'm not failing anything either.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Yeah, I don't have a job. I'm also not an artist, sorry to disappoint.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I was referred by Icanra

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Alexander Fate

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance
Alexander is roughly 5' 8", 146lbs, blue eyes, tan-ish Brown skin, dark brown hair. He wears a simple mud brown jacket and dark grey trousers with a green-ish brown hat to keep the sun out of his eyes

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Alexander is just an outskirts farm boy who wanted more from life. He wanted to explore, go see the world. When him and his family, mother and father, arrived from the Northern Kingdoms, his parents wanted to settle down and start farming again. Alexander had quite a different thought though. He wanted to explore this vast new world. He wanted to go experience life instead of tending to a farm till he died. So he approached his parents with the idea and although they wouldn't be happy to see their only child get hurt, they agreed to let him go and gave what they could to aid and sent him on his way. With almost nothing and few skills other than pulling potatoes out of the ground, he set off on his adventure, not knowing where he was going or where he would end up. He spent the first few weeks heading North, along the coastline. He traveled without fire and freshwater until he got to the river near the area now called Mokingbay, although, this river only solved one of his problems. With still no fire and nightfall coming fast, he decided to try his luck at getting sparks from rocks like he had every previous night. He finds two stones and some dry grass to start his fire. It takes him a couple of tries to get sparks to fly well enough to have a chance of starting his much needed fire. He takes his time to set up the dry grass and other branches and such. He strikes the stones once, nothing happens. He strikes them again, nothing happens. Starting to be discouraged but not giving up, he strikes again, and sparks go fly everywhere on the grass. As the grass starts to burst up in flames, he tries to push it under the pile of sticks he made but he accidentally smothers the small flame he managed. It was now almost pitch black and the night had begun. With the night here and no warmth or protection, he went to sleep cautiously under a nearby tree. In what he presumed to be the middle of the night, he was awoken by a shrill howl. He knew he couldn’t stay for the howl was not far from him. Frantically packing his stuff, he made a sprint across the river to where the beginning of Mockingbay was and where there were a few people, and most importantly, fire. Fire scared away the howling terrors, whatever they might have been. He took refuge for a couple days while teaching himself how to start a fire properly. On the 5th morning he packed his stuff up and got ready to set out once again. And this is where the written story ends, and my adventure begins.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello, and thank you for applying! You're off to a great start, there's really just one thing. Your written test is only 160 words out of the 400 required. Fix this one thing, and you'll be golden! Message this thread once you've done so, and I'll take a second look. Make sure the parts you add to the test are within the rules. Thanks again!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later. (very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselveswill be banned irrespective of their innocence.