Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Konung Cymic I, Krakensbane

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
cymic.png
By the incredible Elz, the hardest working human on this platform
Also a new theme maybe

Last edited:

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend

Halbed, 'Planaar Infinity' Tavern

Bang. Bang. Bang.

The surly elf lifts his eyes to the dimly lit door of his tavern room. There's a rattle of his keys which hung from his hip as he pushed the sullen whore from his side down by the heel of his weathered boot, much to either's dismay. With another kick, an emerald bottle was punted toward the doorway and the shards crunched under a heavily placed boot as he opened the door and shut it near closed behind himself. His rusted gold eyes glanced mirroringly back into the sunken eyes of 'Planar Infinity's' tavernkeeper as he hung from the door.

"Som'thin' i can do fer you?" Cymic answered. A bead of sweat dripped down his cheek and into the wood beneath them.

Tungs, the bartender stared back at him with an equally annoyed look. "Don't gut the messenger. 'Nother mob. Kept 'em at bay fer you, lad."

Hells. Not the first one this month. He thought to himself and made his way to the entrance of his tavern, the shrill midnight wind meeting the elf's face and chest. It stung, but not as much as the sight of a portion of Halbed's dwellers and hired mercenaries, laborers alike. A glow of masses, torches in hand and cutlasses at hips. The foreman of Halbed's architectural management stood lead, less apologetic looking this time. A gruff and angry voice called toward the pirate.

"How long must we keep this up. ... .. Our stomachs are empty. Our labor's pay delayed. Wendigos swarm from the east and feast on our guard."

There was a roar from the small crowd behind the foreman. This speech was not dissimilar from the first few mobs who had taken their leave from Halbed. Food shortages, delay of payment, unfinished walls. All proper complaints. He reached for the flask at his hip as the men shouted up the rope bridge at him, teetering at the edge of the building's skirt. He unscrewed it and took a swig before cleared his throat and addressing those beneath him. A long wipe of his lips and beard from elbow to wrist.

".. Haha. Ye' too, Brutes? I'll tell ye' like i told th' last lot, it's a bit of a drought. It'll take but a few more months until thins' are back to how they should be. I thought Ventare had ye' all peppered."

The foreman answered back sternly, the crowd of angered Sangrians at his back.

"There is nothin' for us here. We have held our ground here in Halbed for as long as we could muster. There is no work, nor pleasure in this city."

A large puff of frosted breath escaped the elf into the night air. He understood.

"Good. Glad. More men jumpin' ship. Ye' came sooner than lat'r, oth'rwise our treasury might not 'ave 'ad th' funds to go 'round. Cut you lot a ship and som' supplies. Plenty of work south. .."

And more words left the elf which came from his crackled heart and cold lips from a place of heartbreak and anger.

"Don't return. You pulled yer investments in th' walled city of Jax when it needed you most."

For but a moment, the man considered pelting them with gold coins out of drunken stupor and a pained heart to see men and women and friends who had shared thousands of drinks with wishing to depart. Those he had grew with before there was a single brick of Halbed laid. It was not misunderstood, though. Halbed was not the luxury it once was and progress had nearly slowed to a halt. The crowd seemed appeased and Cymic made his way back into the tavern, his eyes dark circled and face red by the lick of winter. He felt something harsh. It burned inside, despite his body frosted to it's core. It was not pity. No. Acceptance. His city of fortune was crumbling beneath his rule. It's not that he wasn't trying. He hadn't even had a home built in his own city for himself and his ignoble family. Everything was just catching up all at once.

Retiring to his room, he left to pen the writ of ship and supplies and to figure how to dig his city from a watery grave.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Added Targ JennyBean and updated a small few. If you feel like you're due for an update or want a relation on your character, i'll go ahead and add 'em.