Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Loading Terrain Disconnect

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Hey there =)

This is a known issue already that other people are having, so I thought I would make a post regaring the issue.

On the server and only on Hollowworld (it is not an issue with my Minecraft nor an issue with my internet), I seemingly cannot join at random intervals. The chat will be spammed with me trying to log in and immediately logging out because I am stuck on "Loading Terrain."
I have been suggested a VPN: this did not solve the issue.
No matter where staff teleport me, regardless of location with items frames, surrounding blocks or the lack thereof-- it is stuck at "Loading Terrain" before a disconnect after 15 seconds.

Eventually, this issue goes away after a frustrating amount of time and it never bothers me again for a random duration of time-- normally about a week.
I have tried to lessen this by logging out far away from anywhere. This seems to have worked for a time. However, random crashes take place due to lagg or world edits on the server which crashes my client and makes it so I cannot log in once more.

I know others are having this issue. I do not think it is anyones fault. I think there is simply an error in the coding somewhere which causes longer loading times and people (such as myself) with lower-end laptops or computers will ultimately be disconnected before our computer loads the chunk we logged out in.

I hope this can be fixed, as I adore RP'ing and writing books on this server.

Edit: After testing with Bart with TP'ing me space by space, it was found that moving my player whilst loading did not fix the issue. It does not matter what chunk I am trying to load: Hollowworld refuses to let me join.

Last edited:

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
For a long while, I've been trying to figure out why this is happening. The problem doesn't span over the whole playerbase, but a select few every now and then. The result always ends up being client side with the player's internet service provider being the culprit. Someone raised the thought that folks are having trouble because our map is huge, that it could be due to people with older laptops/computers, and there's not much we can do to change either right now. Teleporting you to a different world and back is a temporary solution. What makes this odd is that you, along with others, confirm it only happens for our server. So we'll try to find out what stops we can make so that it's not difficult to login. We also went through a latest hardware update just last fall and we've enough RAM and space, which adds to why we respond that it may be a client side issue.

I believe I can at least reduce number of maps loaded and we'll have to brainstorm with the others on what else we can do. The recent pandemic and other irl things has slowed our process for the moment, but it's still on our to-do.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
For a long while, I've been trying to figure out why this is happening. The problem doesn't span over the whole playerbase, but a select few every now and then. The result always ends up being client side with the player's internet service provider being the culprit. Someone raised the thought that folks are having trouble because our map is huge, that it could be due to people with older laptops/computers, and there's not much we can do to change either right now. Teleporting you to a different world and back is a temporary solution. What makes this odd is that you, along with others, confirm it only happens for our server. So we'll try to find out what stops we can make so that it's not difficult to login. We also went through a latest hardware update just last fall and we've enough RAM and space, which adds to why we respond that it may be a client side issue.

I believe I can at least reduce number of maps loaded and we'll have to brainstorm with the others on what else we can do. The recent pandemic and other irl things has slowed our process for the moment, but it's still on our to-do.

I Googled it a bit and it's an issue other people have sometimes, but without a lot of solutions, because it tends to fix itself after a while. The second post on this thread may be something to try {link}

I am Wake

The Rose
Legend
Retired Staff
I_am_Wake
I_am_Wake
Legend
Teleporting you to a different world and back is a temporary solution. What makes this odd is that you, along with others, confirm it only happens for our server.
This, so far, is the best solution and works 100% of the time =)
Big shoutout to Kam for teleporting me to the build work twice now, both times I am able to /spawn and am able to play after a short while.

Sometimes, the internet just laggs out in a place I cannot log in. Trying to log into Hollowworld's vast archive of amazing plugins is too much for my laptop to handle, sadly.

Whenever I am not able to log in, I will message on Discord a staff member that is online to TP me to the build world. Thank you for the reply =)