Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Londef - Application [approved - yoda]

Londef

Villager
1. What is your minecraft username?
Londef

2. How old are you?

3. What gender are you?
Male

4. What country do you live in?
Germany
5a. Do you agree to read our Survival Guide before logging onto the server?
Sure

5b. Do you agree to consult both our Tome of Citizenship and Everything you need to know page before asking any questions in the game?
I do

6.Please provide a lengthy in-character introduction; roleplay as your character in a situation of your choice.

My life was good. I had a home and a great job, I worked as a mercenary. But one day an old man came to me...
He looked very strange and just stood in front of me without saying anything,
so i decided to adrress him first.
„I’m Londef. If you searched for a mercenary you speak with the right person.“
„Realy? A Dwarf as a mercenary?“
„Don’t be fooled by my heigth. Trust me if I say I’m a good fighter.
„Well then. You are right I searched for a mercenary. But I’m not sure if you are good enough for the job.“
„I’m the best mercenary you can find, so what ist it?“
„I want you to be my bodyguard on the journey to Port Silver.“
„If the money is right I do this job.“

The money was right so we started the journey on the next day.
Most time it was just boring so i wished me some more action. But at the end oft the third day i regret that wish…
Bandits had waited for us on the street. They attacked us very fast and in the time of one minute they catched the old man. I could barely escape but it was very tight, if the arrow would have been a little bit faster I couldn’t tell you this storry. I escaped but my honor wouldn't let me run away an let this old man alone with the Bandits… I feared a lot but I went back and attacked the Bandits from behind. They were very surprise, because they hadn’t thought that i would come back. The only reason I won was this surprise. After that fight I had enough action for a long time… On the ninth day we reached the destination of our journey and the man gave me a lot of money.I could have went home and live as a rich Dwarf but I didn't want that…I didn‘t want to go home… After I looked around in the most beautiful City I didn't want anything else than live here. I had spend all of my money to get a new home here in Port Silver. And so came it that i can sit here an tell you this wonderfull storry.
But the man didn’t hear me anymore as he was fallen asleep…

7. Please introduce yourself to the community; explaining who you are, what your interests and/or hobbies are in 8 sentences or more. You do not have to disclose any personal information if you don't want to, but we'd just like to know what kind of person you are.

I'm Lennart a 15 years old teenager from Germany. I still go to school so I don’t have to work, and my favourite subjects are physics, history and sports. I'm not sure what I want to do after school but I think it's ok because I have enough time left to think about it. I really like pets but especially I love cats, because they're cute and fluffy. My hobbies are playing football and meeting friends, my favourite team is FC Arsenal. I'm playing football in a club but that don't mean that I'm good in it! My position is defender. My favorit football players are Lukas Podolski and Arjen Robben. I also like it very much to read, my favorit book is Harry Potter.

8. Do you have any examples of your work and creativity, either in minecraft or outside? You can attach them to this post using the "upload a file" button or link to the image or video.
No sorry.

9. Is there anything else you wish to share with us?
No

10. Are you aware that the use of black magic (xray,xray texture packs and ore locator mods) is not allowed on our server, and a banishable offense?
Yes, Offcourse

11. How did you find out about our server?
My brother show me the server

12. Have you voted for us? (Click Here)
No Sorry but i cant vote, becouse my brother voted and we have the same IP

bowduim400

Legend of Altera
Hello, its good to see another applicant but to get you approved i need to tell you aconstructive change friend.

At question 7: Please give us eight scenteces about yourself, Just talk about where you live what you do as work, tell as about your pe anything but it has to be about your life. We want to know about the players on our server

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Your application looks a bit... Rushed. You've missed out speech marks and not answered with eight sentences for question #7. Please don't talk about roleplaying or video games for this, we want to know about you! What are your other hobbies? What do you want to be when you're older?
When you're going to edit your application to suit our requests, please remember to use the (you guessed it) edit button, instead of making a brand new comment which we have to read all the way through. You'll find the edit button next to the delete one. Once you've done that, leave a comment here telling us what you've edited. However, you must reply within three days or your application will be declined for inactivity. Once your application is ready to be approved, I'll ask you a couple of questions about the server. Remember to read up on the lore! This can be found either on the forums or the wiki.

Best of luck,
Count Yoda.

Londef

Villager
Thanks for your comments.
It was late when I wrote this so I hope you forgive me the missed speech marks. I added them all.
I added question 7 too. Now it's more personally.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I've noticed your sentences are all very short, or contain only one point. You know, "I go to school.", that sort of thing. That, to us, seems a bit like laziness, as if you are attempting to get away with as little as possible. Remember, however, not to use too many commas, like this, because it gets rather annoying, and the sentences are really long then, and you have to write too much, and then I run out of energy when reading it aloud, and could you please separate what you've written up?

Menel

Carpet Monkey
Mmmhh, not that i want to interfer but as a fellow german i have to say that we use sentences like that all day. it is one of the mayor problems in translation between our languages. for us germans your sentences always apear to be very simple and short, when you try to speak/write german. For a 15 year old german who most likely learns english just in school this is pretty good.
i am not saying this to defend him but maybe give him more tipps on what you exactly want to see yoda? I guess with a bit of tutorship he can be quite good :p you are too spoild by guys and girls like abbey, some still need a bit of help before they can shine ;)

Yoda

Lord of Altera
I'm Lennart a 15 years old teenager from Germany. I still go to school so I don’t have to work, and my favourite subjects are physics, history and sports. I'm not sure what I want to do after school but I think it's ok because I have enough time left to think about it. I really like pets but especially I love cats, because they're cute and fluffy. My hobbies are playing football and meeting friends, my favourite team is [team]. I'm playing football in a club but that don't mean that I'm good in it! My position is [position]. ;-).
When it's formatted how I would do it, I could only get around six sentences. I did, however, manage to get even more information into it than was in it before, sort of. I'll ask a couple more things that maybe you could include.
  • What do you want to be when you're older?
  • Who are your favourite football players?
Feel free to tell me why, too.
Best of luck,
Admiral Yoda.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Your application is almost ready to be approved, all you need to do is answer the two following questions of doom correctly...

According to our server lore, who is responsible for resurrecting players after death?
What is mob grinding, and what is the server's policy towards it?

Just so you know, you can find answers either here, on the forums, or on our site's wiki.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)

Altera survival guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands
How to create your character profile
How to find a town
Server Rules
How to use titles
Where to vote for us
Tips on roleplay
How to use the forum
Hollow World Texture pack
Role-Play training camp
The Players' Handbook
The Role-Play Character Assistance Team(RP-CAT)

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.