Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Now [Looking For Events] - Event Request Thread

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
- Looking For Events -

This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. You may use this thread to submit an event request following the format outlined below, and from there, a DM will claim your event to then take it further via PM with you to discuss specifics (such as date, time adjustments, etc). There are some key changes:

+ It will be up to the DM to post an events thread for the sake of organisation and logs, and no longer something you as the player will need to do using this process.

+ The DM who claims your event will be the one to discuss specifics with Event Lead, and also be the one to speak to region owners should the event seem more fitted to being in that location.

+ It is up to the DM to decide the specifics of loot, artifact or otherwise, as to keep you as the players as unaware as possible to make it still an event with unexpected elements.

+ It is up to the DM to inform the party or individual in their conversation of the event 'Stakes' level. You can agree or disagree on continuing the event idea after.

There is no limitation on what event idea you wish to submit, though if it is not something considered possible it will be denied with reasoning and you may submit a new idea. If you rinse and repeat event ideas in order to try repeatedly to get the same thing/reward, your event may be declined. You may use this thread to request even the hunting of simple creatures for their pelts, or trying to find some sort of resource legitimately and with IC backing.

1594398979741.png

- IN-CHARACTER BASIS -
The form also includes a section titled 'IC Basis'. This is to ensure that there is a premise for the event IC, and that you have gone through the proper channels to know about locations, or creatures, or occurrences. Random encounter events are still available, just specify your character is going from A to B and you OOCly would like them to be attacked by bandits or wendigo or something like that. This section is mostly for people actively looking for things IC.

An example of a good IC basis:
"Jackson is looking for BIG BOY STEEL and intends to find it, using the prior learned knowledge that BIG BOY STEEL is generally found in the tundras of the north. He intends to look for it in any abandoned mines that can be found among the hills and mountains of the tundra."

An example of a bad IC basis:
"I want BIG BOY STEEL and am looking for it."

1594398979741.png

- STAKES RATING -
The DM who claims your event will also provide you, once all is decided, a rating in which the stakes of the event are decided. This is effectively a way to clarify to the party if this event is a high risk, high reward event or not. It is a formalised 'DM warning' application.

HIGH STAKES || These events hold a high chance of things going horribly wrong if it does not work out. The chance of rewards are the highest and most quality, however, as a result. Risks of party wipes fall under this rating.
MEDIUM STAKES || Events under this rating hold a solid chance for something going awry and as a result death and misfortune following it. Rewards and outcomes are hefty but not necessarily the best they could be.
LOW STAKES || If this event does not generally work out, there is not really much of an issue or risk as a result of it. You can slip up here without tragedy befalling the party. Rewards are relatively mundane.

1594398979741.png

EVENT FORM
══════════════════

IC Basis: [Write up a small blurb about why your character is doing this, how they know of a certain location or beast, their motivations, etc. This part is to ensure there is a solid IC premise for the event itself.]
Overview: [This should be a rough outline of the event you are looking for. If it is a hunt, or a bandit attack, a seige, etc.]
Location: [Do you have a preference to a location, can it be anywhere, would you like it at a set region? Wilderness?]
Loot: [Do you have a preference to having loot? Would you like a lost sword, coin, knowledge? Bear in mind that the better the loot, the harder it will be to get it. Be mindful! ]
Party Size: [Roughly how many players will be at your event? 8 or less? 3 or less? Is this a personal event with you and a friend only?]
Rating: [Would you like it to be a peaceful event, moderate, or open to violence?]
Preferred Date/Time: [Whilst it is up to the DM to discuss specifics, a rough day and time would be good. When works for you?]

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
I have been slow on these for a while but I'd like to clarify some things: Not all events must go through this route if you speak to a DM about it and its a simple enough thing that they agree to. But it is their choice. They may direct you here (Like I do) if they're not quite feeling up to it in the moment. Some events don't need to be here if they're 'hunting boar' or 'killing raiders' etc, because they're mundane and you are entirely permitted to have such events DM'd by other players.
Additionally half these events I've tried to do (hello blight lands/archon sword/wolfgang chat) and I've taken forever to get them done and end up handing them off last minute. I've been exceptionally busy with the rework, and real life, and this is on the tail end of the last campaign as well.
So I'm just apologising and putting something out there to clarify events. I don't like feeling as if I'm keeping them all hostage and not letting anyone progress. This is a thread to help.

Sky_Crasheur

Storm's Landing Wanderer
Hero
Sky_Crasheur
Sky_Crasheur
Hero
IC Basis: Rolland recently has been in a small slump in faith. After casting divination, he has had the idea to scour the continent in search of a ruined holy site of Valiant or his past iterations. He has found one and plans to take a small group to explore it.
Overview: Rolland and his group of explorers will enter the holy site, and clear it of anything that would sully such a holy place. He hopes to find scriptures or anything else within that have withstood the test of time. The DM has full creative liberties in what they may toss at us.
Location: Just a temple/castle thing that is thematic to Valiant in the wilderness. Maybe in the desert? CRUSADERS!! Or perhaps an old Kilroxian cultist outpost or something, not sure what the deal was with that little event chain.
Loot: Perhaps a set of armor that while not an artifact per say, just looks cool and is well made? Perhaps some sort of effect on it if it IS an artifact? Whatever is deemed to be alright. Hopefully some scriptures and such that is thematic to Valiant, maybe some artifacts or trinkets?
Party Size: At most five, and it's invite-only.
Rating: Brutally violent. The loot commands it!
Preferred Date/Time: Any time after 5pm EST. Otherwise, as long as it's not on a Friday since that's when I DM for D&D, we're vibing.

DM Edit: Claimed by Arken

Last edited by a moderator:

Sekci

I think I might like it here
Patron
Sekci
Sekci
Patron
IC Basis: Evan plans to take a group of aspiring skraagites and vyre progenies on an expedition around Skraag's lands.

Overview: Something Skraag followers can participate in such as perhaps stumbling across some sort of Ignis hunting group or perhaps the remnants of a previous Skraag worship group/site.

Loot: Any items that may be praised for their connection to Skraag. Totems, scriptures, trinkets, that sort of thing.

Party Size: 3-4ish

Rating: Violent

Preferred Date/Time: Any

tyufiire7

Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
IC Basis: Umbra thirsts for adventure, he has been rather anxious to feel the sea’s wind in his hair and manning the sails. He never felt such a rush before, ever since he found that trade journal from the past owner of the fort, Umbra has been wanting to sail the sea. Umbra wishes to set off from his new home in Veraci
Overview: Umbra just sailing from the Veraci for adventure. We can chat in DMs about it.
Loot: DM's Discretion
Party Size: 3-5 people
Preferred Date/Time: December 21th/22nd at 4pm EST

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
IC Basis: Having been through several battering turn of events, as of late, Ronak is looking for some protection from at least one of these sources. After hunting through old libraries, he reads of a small fortress/cave hidden in the mountains, likely former, and heads off with a group of trusted friends in order to go loot it.
Overview: Exploration of the area, either kill, talk or barter with what's there, albeit unlikely for the third one.
Location: No set region really. Only real requirement is some form of underground area.
Loot: Likely difficult to get loot. Can be discussed in Discord DMs/Forum DMs if preferred
Party Size: Private event, potentially picking choice randoms if need to make up numbers.
Rating: Peaceful Like hell thats happening lol. Violent
Preferred Date/Time: Preferably, between 6-9pm GMT+1 most days, or 6-12pm GMT+1 Friday/Sat. Likely needs to be discussed with group that goes

kaiser_harding

Official Alteran
IC Basis: Thure is the patron of a Synnove Monastery in the Sorrows, and it needs to be defended time to time to stop the undead from overtaking it again
Overview: Thure and company go to the Monastery to defend it from another undead horde. PVE and/or CRP
Loot: Ignis stuffs or maybe even Skraag stuff to burn later
Party Size: 2-5
Preferred Date/Time: Monday the forth 8 PM EST. (can be moved)

Jase

"E.T. home phone."
Staff
Whitespoor
Whitespoor
Legend
IC Basis:
After getting turned away by the figment Know at her last summoning, She has decided that she wants to go fuck him up by killing him and making him suffer as she does that. After seeking mercenaries- [ link ], she plans to summon him into a kill zone and kill him for his rudeness.
Overview: Summoning Know into a killzone and hopefully kill him.
Loot: Know's Bell. Corpse of Know. Maybe other things?
Party Size: As many mercs as I can get to come along. Hoping to get 8-10 + me.
Preferred Date/Time: Anytime, although need to create killzone first.

DM Edit: If you're really sure, then sure. blargtheawesome

Sussurous

Survivor of Five Rivers
Legend
IC Basis: Foxbells is collecting various monsters. For Fox-stuff.
Overview: Just a hunt for a Kaiser Scorpion, pretty classic "find thing, beat it up, take it's lunch money"
Loot: Probably just a scorpion corpse and bragging rights, anything additonal loot/complications is up to the DM.
Party Size: Will be public, the DM can cap the party-size to what they're comfortable with handling. Just PM me the limit and I'll set it to that, but probably somewhere around ~6
Rating: Medium stakes, I assume.
Preferred Date/Time: I'm open to suggestions. Ideally starting somewhere between 3PM EST to 8PM EST, you can practically pick any day within the next two weeks and I'll be game.

If you need to contact me to discuss/offer times, hit me up: Suss#7366

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
IC Basis: Ronak has heard vile rumours of children being kidnapped from remote villagers, and takes a group of friends to go find out exactly what's going on, and what he can do to stop it.
Overview: Two ideas, depending on what the DM is comfortable with. More than happy to chat over Discord for it
Location: Quite literally anywhere, although I'd prefer to stray away from the desert, unless that's what the DM would rather do.
Loot: The glory of saving *children and killing *killing, and whatever they'd have on them.
Party Size: 4-6. Maybe more, if people want to come. Happy to have it be semi-public, saying yay or nay to people who Ronak would bring
Preferred Date/Time: Preferably after Christmas, and not on Jan 5th either please

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Retired Staff
IC Basis: Basil is aware summonings are a thing. He wants to summon an angel of Visage, god of knowledge and secrets, to try to barter for knowledge and secrets.
Overview: The above basically describes it. Basil wants to summon it into a circle he thinks is magic but probably isn't, and then ask it questions. Mainly he wants to barter one of his artifacts for specific knowledge and perhaps a quest. I can relay the specific questions to whoever takes the event.
Location: I'm not sure yet. It depends on how the RP leading up to it goes.
Loot: It's a little hard to be specific on this, because the knowledge Basil speaks would probably best be given through artifacts, but this isn't the event where I expect to be given anything. Basil wants to know how to acquire certain stuff, he's not expecting to get anything but that knowledge from this specific event.
Party Size: Like with location, probably anywhere from 2-10 people.
Rating: No violence is intended, but it could always break out.
Preferred Date/Time: Any day after 5pm EST, or if the weekend, any day after 9am.

DM Edit: Claimed by Elz

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
IC Basis: Ronak wants some more material to test and create weaponry and the like with, wants to know more about Constructs, and wants to offer his aid in case there is something that's needed
Overview: Ronak leads a group of people and carts with goats to the spaceship, heads inside to speak to Mikalova (Can't remember the spelling :( ), ask if they need anything, ask a few other questions, then harvest the outside of the ship.
Loot: Some minor knowledge, potentially major knowledge, Fleshsteel
Party Size: Taking a small group, 4-8, people can apply if they want
Rating: Violent, Peaceful, whatever makes sense :D
Preferred Date/Time: January 10th, 10pm GMT+1, can easily be changed whenever
Scardrac Here homie

Rawkiller

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Rawkiller12
Rawkiller12
LegendMystic
IC Basis: Having found out the birds are spies for quiq eimar wishes to ride forth from onora to establish a spearhead at the barracks upon the only land route leading out of the deadlands.
Overview: To move to the guard house fighting to the point if needed, investigate it and clear it out then establish a forward camp not only to secure a safe passage in and out of the deadlands,but to provide security to prevent enemy forces moving south, while providing a springboard to start incursions into the dead lands.
Loot: up to the dm, more looking to progress the deadlands arch.
Party Size: up to 8-10 whatever the dm prefers will be taking apps for it all.
Preferred Date/Time: fridays and weekends work best for people.

Sussurous

Survivor of Five Rivers
Legend
I am not asking for both of these events simultaneously.

Either hunting a unicorn for it's horn OR hunting a kraken/giant squid for it's ink. DM's choice for which they would prefer to run; as I'll ask for the one they don't choose at a later date. (Since I need to do both of them anyways, I figured I might as well give the option for any DM to run the one they'd prefer to run.)

(UNICORN HORN)
IC Basis: Foxbells is on the hunt for a series of rare pigments. She figures a unicorn horn would make a beautiful white.
Overview: Attempting to get a unicorn's horn, this could involve getting one off the black-market, trying a bit of a heist from a collector, hunting one down. Whatever works. She only needs the horn, and doesn't necessarily need to kill a unicorn; Because of the rarity of unicorns, it's understandable if preliminary events to track down a lead or something is needed.
Location: If a hunt: plains, I assume. Fox would start around Eldpoint/Verdant Valley and move further and further out until something is sighted.
Loot: Unicorn Horn; Anything else is secondary.
Party Size: Highly variable depending on what the DM wants to do and is comfortable with handling; but no lower than ~6 is ideal.
Rating: I'm not sure the rarity of this, I'll leave it to the DM.
Preferred Date/Time: I'm open to suggestions. Ideally starting somewhere between 3PM EST to 8PM EST, you can practically pick any day within the next two weeks and I'll be game.

OR

(KRAKEN/GIANT SQUID INK)
IC Basis: Foxbells is on the hunt for a series of rare pigments. She figures a kraken's ink would make a beautiful black. (Or more likely a giant squid, something big and inky. Kraken might be too much)
Overview: Attempting to get a kraken's ink, this could involve getting one off the black-market, trying a bit of a heist from a collector, hunting one down. Whatever works. She only needs the ink. and doesn't necessarily need to kill a kraken. Because of the rarity of kraken's, it's understandable if preliminary events to track down a lead or something is needed.
Location: If a hunt: Ocean, I assume. Fox would start around Storm's landing and move further and further out until something is spotted.
Loot: Kraken's Ink; Anything else is secondary
Party Size: Highly variable depending on what the DM wants to do and is comfortable with handling; but no lower than ~6 is ideal.
Rating: I'm not sure the rarity of this, I'll leave it to the DM.

Last edited:

Kamaoe

The Green One
Staff
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
IC Basis: A group of Jishrimites took up in the swamp and the Earthspawn are looking to clear them out. (These Jishrimites are left over from Blorb's event chain.)
Overview: It will be a siege of a camp in the swamps, freeing prisoner/slaves, and killing every Jishrimite in there.
Location: Somewhere in the swamp, I can assist in building or moving the area to creative.
Loot: DM's choice, I don't think they would have too much unless they were doing raids. Whatever armor and weapons they were using for sure.
Party Size: Roughly 10, but it'll depend on how many of the Earthspawn/Halfspawn are able to make it.
Rating: Peac- Violent. Very, very violent.
Preferred Date/Time: Sometime this month, preferably a Friday or a weekend to ensure everyone can make it.

JustTheEngineer

Country roads, take me home
Staff
JustTheEngineer
JustTheEngineer
Legend
IC Basis: Cassius is an Ignite, and Ignites do Ignis stuff, so he and a few of them are going to attempt to summon a Messenger of Ignis to have a private conversation about a topic that I can discuss over a private forum conversation if this gets picked up.
Overview: A summoning ritual at an Ignis Shrine (Sanctuary of Light has already been used at the site to make it work better hopefully) to bring a Messenger down to talk.
Loot: N/A, the Messenger's conversation is all the loot we need.
Party Size: 1-4 (I don't expect more than 2 of us to actually be there, though because scheduling is hard)
Rating: Moderate
Preferred Date/Time: Edit since this is so close, we can discuss a date and time that works.

Last edited:

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
IC Basis: Arielle believes there to be more items of Harateth hidden out in the world, and she seeks to find another expanse of desert further south beyond the wards to see if there is any trail to find. ICly, she will hire a crew and suggest that there is the chance of great treasures, and go south with them.
Overview: I am looking for either a single event, or a small arc of three events, in which we can find some sort set of ruins or dungeons to go through. Personally I'd like the chance for a great story over great loot, but 'treasure for the Jaxites' even if mundane would be nice, and something themed about 'fire' or 'Harateth' would be neat (or something that would shift/sway Arielle's religious views and give her some development, whatever that may be).
Location: Beyond the wards, but nowhere specific beyond 'desert'. I would offer to build something, but it might ruin it for me if Im the one making things.
Loot: [Do you have a preference to having loot? Would you like a lost sword, coin, knowledge? Bear in mind that the better the loot, the harder it will be to get it. Be mindful! ]
Party Size: Hopefully it is kept in the range of 6, no more than 8. I prefer smaller parties.
Rating: Whatever works. Violence is fine.
Preferred Date/Time: Any day, any time. Can discuss.

tyufiire7

Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
IC Basis: Umbra and his crew discover a map carried by the captain of a shipwreck that was supposed to deliver it to someplace.
Overview: A sailing treasure hunt to find where the map leads us to.
Loot: DM Discretion
Party Size: Roughly 4/3
Rating: Violent, I want blood and thrills.
Preferred Date/Time: Some time on Fridays seem to be good, I'll get back to this when I figure out the time
(Getting Part 2 out of the way)

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Staff member
Admin
Syphei
Syphei
IC Basis: The nation of Aor faces an internal threat, the likes of which they have never seen before. Their Queen is under threat, the stability, peace, and way of life of the Aorian people under attack by a splinter faction within the kingdom. An insurrection like this must be dealt with.
Overview: This is picking up from an introduction made in December. A series of events wherein the Kingdom of Aor is put under duress by an unknown entity, who wishes to kill the Queen and those loyal to her if they do not submit and usurp her titles, riches, and kingdom out from under her.
Location: Predominantly Linistel, maybe some other regions within Aor or deserts.
Loot: This isn't intended as a loot worthy series of event. If it feels appropriate to the event but don't force it, sort of thing, overall I leave it up to Events/Lore team.
Party Size: Everyone who frequents Linistel could potentially be involved. This could lead to it being a large number of players or small, fluctuating depending on event.
Rating: Violent.
Preferred Date/Time: 2 EST to 7 EST. Between those times, if you can help it.