Active Now [Looking For Events] - Event Request Thread

Elz

hmm
Staff member
- Looking For Events -

This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. You may use this thread to submit an event request following the format outlined below, and from there, a DM will claim your event to then take it further via PM with you to discuss specifics (such as date, time adjustments, etc). There are some key changes:

+ It will be up to the DM to post an events thread for the sake of organisation and logs, and no longer something you as the player will need to do using this process.

+ The DM who claims your event will be the one to discuss specifics with Event Lead, and also be the one to speak to region owners should the event seem more fitted to being in that location.

+ It is up to the DM to decide the specifics of loot, artifact or otherwise, as to keep you as the players as unaware as possible to make it still an event with unexpected elements.

+ It is up to the DM to inform the party or individual in their conversation of the event 'Stakes' level. You can agree or disagree on continuing the event idea after.

There is no limitation on what event idea you wish to submit, though if it is not something considered possible it will be denied with reasoning and you may submit a new idea. If you rinse and repeat event ideas in order to try repeatedly to get the same thing/reward, your event may be declined. You may use this thread to request even the hunting of simple creatures for their pelts, or trying to find some sort of resource legitimately and with IC backing.

1594398979741.png

- IN-CHARACTER BASIS -
The form also includes a section titled 'IC Basis'. This is to ensure that there is a premise for the event IC, and that you have gone through the proper channels to know about locations, or creatures, or occurrences. Random encounter events are still available, just specify your character is going from A to B and you OOCly would like them to be attacked by bandits or wendigo or something like that. This section is mostly for people actively looking for things IC.

An example of a good IC basis:
"Jackson is looking for BIG BOY STEEL and intends to find it, using the prior learned knowledge that BIG BOY STEEL is generally found in the tundras of the north. He intends to look for it in any abandoned mines that can be found among the hills and mountains of the tundra."

An example of a bad IC basis:
"I want BIG BOY STEEL and am looking for it."

1594398979741.png

- STAKES RATING -
The DM who claims your event will also provide you, once all is decided, a rating in which the stakes of the event are decided. This is effectively a way to clarify to the party if this event is a high risk, high reward event or not. It is a formalised 'DM warning' application.

HIGH STAKES || These events hold a high chance of things going horribly wrong if it does not work out. The chance of rewards are the highest and most quality, however, as a result. Risks of party wipes fall under this rating.
MEDIUM STAKES || Events under this rating hold a solid chance for something going awry and as a result death and misfortune following it. Rewards and outcomes are hefty but not necessarily the best they could be.
LOW STAKES || If this event does not generally work out, there is not really much of an issue or risk as a result of it. You can slip up here without tragedy befalling the party. Rewards are relatively mundane.

1594398979741.png

EVENT FORM
══════════════════

IC Basis: [Write up a small blurb about why your character is doing this, how they know of a certain location or beast, their motivations, etc. This part is to ensure there is a solid IC premise for the event itself.]
Overview: [This should be a rough outline of the event you are looking for. If it is a hunt, or a bandit attack, a seige, etc.]
Location: [Do you have a preference to a location, can it be anywhere, would you like it at a set region? Wilderness?]
Loot: [Do you have a preference to having loot? Would you like a lost sword, coin, knowledge? Bear in mind that the better the loot, the harder it will be to get it. Be mindful! ]
Party Size: [Roughly how many players will be at your event? 8 or less? 3 or less? Is this a personal event with you and a friend only?]
Rating: [Would you like it to be a peaceful event, moderate, or open to violence?]
Preferred Date/Time: [Whilst it is up to the DM to discuss specifics, a rough day and time would be good. When works for you?]

Last edited:

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Staff member
IC Basis: Basil intends to find people who know about the old world, and negotiate with them to find where Wintermourne is. Then, he intends to commission brave fools to tag along with him on his adventure - sailors and the like.
Overview: Basil Phoenix knows there is a Wintermourne in this world he was revived into. Of whatever else he does not understand, this much at least he does. He wants to brave the oceans to travel back to the old world and find this ancient citadel, then to delve deeply within for its treatures.
Loot: An arcane artifact or two would be cool, but mostly Basil is after trying to find materials to create his red crystal sword he had years ago. It was made out of transmutated materials by ancient mages.
Party Size: 5-8. He'll find some tag-alongs.
Rating: I want this event to be peaceful, with no risk of death. (I'm joking. Make it as violent as you want for such an ambitious, absurd prospect.)
Preferred Date/Time: Any day after 5pm EST.

DM Edit: Claimed by Elz

Last edited:

Elt

Lord of Altera
Hired Gun
IC Basis: Clement is setting up a memorial, and wants to speak to White Lies, a Figment he knows was possibly involved in Wolfgang's survival the first time he seemingly died. He's going to ask Joseph to use his artifact, Sliver, to open a rift to the Cognitive Realm while thinking of the Figment in a form of 'prayer', hoping to affirm that his friend is truly gone.
Overview: Clement is trying to summon a Figment, White Lies, to have a conversation.
Loot: Wolfgang
Party Size: Uncertain, but it isn't meant to need heavy DMing.
Rating: Violent
Preferred Date/Time: Ideally somewhere between September 8th-20th. Subject to change if IC happenings or OOC circumstances delay/prevent the needed setup.

Last edited:

kaiser_harding

Hollows Explorer
Overview: Underground catacombs or cave or tomb is discovered and Thure and his retinue venture forth
Location: No preference, but I have an idea if the DM cant think of one.
Loot: I would like an artifact sword of some kind. If not artifact just a cool sword (trying to get an ancestral sword) and some other scattered weapons and armor that are artifacts or not. Really not that picky.
Party Size: Me and the Hardanger house 7-8
Rating: Open to Violence given the artifact possibility
Preferred Date/Time: Probably a weekend, after noon to evening EST works best for me. but we can discuss the specifics.

Side note: Would also be down to make this a campaign instead of one event if that works better.

Last edited:

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
Overview: Going to search that Obsidian Marsh to discover what's up with it
Loot: Knowledge is unlikely to find in this place, but perhaps some interesting weaponry or armour could be acquired. Possibly (if this could even be considered loot?) the location of a cave that would lead deeper, for another exploration at a later date.
Party Size: There will likely be between 3-6 people.
Rating: Considering the region we're going, I don't believe this is up for debate :p
Preferred Date/Time: Up for the party to decide as I have no preference at all, but for the sake of having one to consider, 8th Sept, 20:30 GMT+1

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
Overview: Going to search a ruined castle/manor to the south
Loot: Certainly would like to find books on blacksmithing, magic, enchanting and/or potion brewing, as well as potentially a few shiny trinkets would be nice.
Party Size: There will likely be four of us going, potentially one more
Rating: Certainly leading towards violence
Preferred Date/Time: TBD

DM Edit: Claimed by Icanra

Last edited by a moderator:

Ellievator

The Pacific Garbage Patch
Legend
Ellievator
Ellievator
Legend
Overview: A Kaiser Scorpion hunt.
Location: Naturally somewhere fitting for the enemy, Southeast of Linistel maybe.
Loot: Kaiser Scorpion parts
Party Size: Most likely 3-6 people.
Preferred Date/Time: TBD, unfortunately. Character is wounded. Thought it would be good to get the DM logistics out of the way early.

DM Edit: Claimed by Luam

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Good
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
IC Basis: It goes without saying. This is a matter of faith, the Sisterhood Temple deserves to be checked one final time for anything possibly related to Shalherana.
Overview: A trip to explore the remains of the Sisterhood Temple and hopefully find a possible lead on the remaining Sisters, so that they may be found and cared for.
Loot: Knowledge on the Sisters or a possible lead to finding them/anything that might have been left behind in the Temple.
Party Size: For now, six, but this may be subject to change.
Rating: Whatever the situation demands. I'm unsure on the state of the Temple.
Preferred Date/Time: A weekend, preferably.

Tideborne

Not A Pirate
Staff member
Tideborne
Tideborne
IC Basis: Izhmoz recovered the remains of an ancient Earthspawn, who died in chains, from the ice caves below Frostswarts and would like to lay the spirit to rest with the help of his family.
Overview: I assume a ritual within or nearby Bol'tn'thar lead by Kam, Azgir and/or Yrdl
Loot: Nothing unless something would be left by the spirit
Party Size: ~5-8
Preferred Date/Time: Fridays or Saturdays

Last edited:

Solus

solzilla
Staff member
IC Basis: Aleksandar has heard of a large graveyard shipwreck, northwest of Blackstone. He doesn't know what has caused it, or if it even exists, but through the whispers of sailors and docks, there is talk of ships disappearing in the colder waters of the undead. The story has lingered in his retelling of his sailing journey for years. These shipwrecks hold treasures deep in their banks, and the possibility of an artifact or two that could be valuable. He had an acquaintance, (feel free to insert npc sailor here), that went off on this journey with a greedy crew and has never returned. He plans to take on this reckless pursuit and see if he can find the missing crew, but namely claim those treasures for himself and a crew.
Overview: Exploration, Investigation, Retrieval
Loot: Treasures shipwrecks may have and an artifact
Party Size: It'll be a signup event through rp. Maybe 8-10, as is with ship explorations. I'll make it public. This can be a 1 day, or 3 day. Though the 2nd day should not require a DM, but I leave it to them
Rating: Violent. Going into this knowing survival rate is low. The crew will know, so don't be afraid to go all in.

Preferred Date/Time: Late Fri - Sundays

Additional Note: I am willing to make set pieces if that's needed, by request and direction. If the DM wants to make it a surprise, that is ok

DM Edit: Taken by Scardrac

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Staff member
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
IC Basis: There was a certain item (old Korog 'artifact'; the indestructible tankard-hammer) Thôrdil wished to go find in the Northern Kingdoms whenever we woupd be able to go back. However, he now learned of its location. To have a chance at attaining it, he will attempt a summoning one one of his islands, away from anything fragile.
Overview: Summoning a tavern and proposing a trade for the tankard.
Location: I am fine with it should there be a specific designated area outside of Thôrdil's lands, otherwise I'd commence it on the island housing the settlement Thôrdil named 'Sul Feir'.
Loot: Thôrdil is only interested in the tankard-hammer, but the loot goblins I might bring along may want to try their hands at something themselves.
Party Size: I expect less than four.
Rating: If all goes right, it would ideally be Moderate or even Peaceful. But I'm open to being turned to a fine paste if that's considered a fair trade for the hammer.
Preferred Date/Time: Friday or Saturday with a starting time before 5pm EST would be preferred.

Retro Hagrid

Sorrows Warrior
Patron
Retro_hagrid
Retro_hagrid
Patron
IC Basis: With the posters spread around the continent, in them the written command of (presumably) Jishrim, Bok'ra has been meaning to go for an actual hunt to capture, kill and slay as many wolves as is exceptionally possible. Whether normal, mundane or even Theodrans hiding as wolves, they've all become a target for him, STEP cultists and his other allies/associates
Overview: Hunt, ambush... slaughter
Location: Preferably near Verdant Valley as it is closely related with wolves/theodra. However, I do not largely mind if it is somewhere else.
Loot: Wolf carcasses or anything that those pesky theodrans might hold to themselves. Though largely, they would all be sacrificed and offered to Jishrim, later.
Party Size: 4-6
Preferred Date/Time: 4PM EST during Tuesdays, Wednesdays or fridays and weekends

Mongoose

Legend of Altera
Overview: Going to search that Obsidian Marsh to discover what's up with it
Loot: Knowledge is unlikely to find in this place, but perhaps some interesting weaponry or armour could be acquired. Possibly (if this could even be considered loot?) the location of a cave that would lead deeper, for another exploration at a later date.
Party Size: There will likely be between 3-6 people.
Rating: Considering the region we're going, I don't believe this is up for debate :p
Preferred Date/Time: Up for the party to decide as I have no preference at all, but for the sake of having one to consider, 8th Sept, 20:30 GMT+1
Overview: Going to search a ruined castle/manor to the south
Loot: Certainly would like to find books on blacksmithing, magic, enchanting and/or potion brewing, as well as potentially a few shiny trinkets would be nice.
Party Size: There will likely be four of us going, potentially one more
Rating: Certainly leading towards violence
Preferred Date/Time: TBD
Unsure if this is allowed, but minor bump for these, still looking for a DM to co-ordinate these with.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Bumps are allowed. There will be a small delay on things as the campaign concludes in full and we get to breathe for a few days. The southern manor - Is that the ruins of Ruby Isle? You don't go into it in depth there so I'm not sure myself.

kaiser_harding

Hollows Explorer
IC Basis: A village has appeared around the manner and Thure wants to cleanse it so evil doesnt take root as its forming.
Overview: Thure will essentially just be walking around the village, burning incense to cleanse the area. I would like there to be a small dm battle between thure's group and some jishi's/ Skraagites who where moving in. Either they jump the group, or the group discovers their worship during the cleansing.
Loot:Not really important. Maybe just like simple gear. Maybe some totems or dark god worshiping stuff that the group can burn.
Party Size: 5-6
Rating: Likely Moderate but When a DM claims this we can talk more.
Preferred Date/Time: Tuesday, September 22st. 6:30PM EST (Would be willing to move, if it would be better for the DM)

I already posted the event on the forum before I had the idea for a fight to break out.

DM Edit: Claimed by Niko

Citrine

Legend of Altera
Crafter
Legend
Zitrine
Zitrine
Crafter
IC Basis: Having heard the potential of a pack of krowlers setting up in the sewers of Astrum, Kazu wants to gather a team to investigate and eliminate them. They could be dangerous to a helpless child wandering into the sewers!
Overview: A hunt in a closed area. Hunting in these sewers could make... for interesting rp.
Loot: Whatever loot the Krowlers might have on them.
Party Size: Given how 30 krowlers can come rushing at one person, I'd say about 6?
Rating: Moderate/Violent, it all depends on how ferocious the DM decides the krowlers to be.
Preferred Date/Time: Preferably Monday - Friday, and anywhere between 1-4PM EST. Don't want to put it any later because I'm a European so these are already sort of late for me aha ha

tyufiire7

I think I might like it here
Legend
UmbraNight
UmbraNight
Legend
IC Basis: In order to honor The Gambler, Umbra has begun to organize a hunt in the sea in search of pearls near Astrum.
Overview: This will be like a scavenger hunt for characters to dive into the sea in search of pearls.
Loot: Pearls of varying colors, a dead fish/coral for bad rolls, maybe some coins in the sea.
Party Size: since it is a public, sign-up event, I would say whoever signs up.
Rating: Peaceful
Preferred Date/Time: Umbra is currently suffering from a concussion, so the week of the 5th of October around 4-5 pm.

Last edited:

Samiwashere

Lord of Altera
Legend
samiwasthere
samiwasthere
Legend
IC Basis: In honour of the grand feasts that her parents used to hold, and in an attempt to welcome and meet possible new allies, Ellie arranges a hunt and feast, where the meal will be made from whatever they catch.
Overview: A hunt, though it will seem rather normal I was hoping for some medium stakes danger to happen that was unexpected like bandits or a big big beast or something. The feast bit obviously doesn’t need dming but they’ve gone hand in hand in Stoltfar tradition.
Loot: Just whatever goods they can get off of the things they hunt, and if the DM chooses bandits then small trinkets from them.
Party Size: Hunts seem super popular, so I will try keep the hunting party itself to 8 or so as to not overwhelm the DM, but the feast after I hope for more people. (If it can still happen after whatever happens if not I don’t mind)
Rating: Open to violence
Preferred Date/Time: Preferably a Friday or Saturday, 4/5 ESTish

kaiser_harding

Hollows Explorer
Overview: Underground catacombs or cave or tomb is discovered and Thure and his retinue venture forth
Location: No preference, but I have an idea if the DM cant think of one.
Loot: I would like an artifact sword of some kind. If not artifact just a cool sword (trying to get an ancestral sword) and some other scattered weapons and armor that are artifacts or not. Really not that picky.
Party Size: Me and the Hardanger house 7-8
Rating: Open to Violence given the artifact possibility
Preferred Date/Time: Probably a weekend, after noon to evening EST works best for me. but we can discuss the specifics.

Side note: Would also be down to make this a campaign instead of one event if that works better.

DM Edit: Claimed by Luam
Due to busy schedules, Luam is unable to do this :(.
We need a new dm