Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[Looking For Events] - Event Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
- Looking For Events -

This thread is made in order to better help players get events with as little direct involvement on their part as possible. You may use this thread to submit an event request following the format outlined below, and from there, a DM will claim your event to then take it further via PM with you to discuss specifics (such as date, time adjustments, etc). There are some key changes:

+ It can be up to the DM to post an events thread for the sake of organisation and logs, and no longer something you as the player will need to do using this process.

+ The DM who claims your event will be the one to discuss specifics with Event Lead, and also be the one to speak to region owners should the event seem more fitted to being in that location.

+ It is up to the DM to decide the specifics of loot, artifact or otherwise, as to keep you as the players as unaware as possible to make it still an event with unexpected elements.

There is no limitation on what event idea you wish to submit, though if it is not something considered possible it will be denied with reasoning and you may submit a new idea. If you rinse and repeat event ideas in order to try repeatedly to get the same thing/reward, your event may be declined. You may use this thread to request even the hunting of simple creatures for their pelts, or trying to find some sort of resource legitimately and with IC backing.

1594398979741.png

- IN-CHARACTER BASIS -
The form also includes a section titled 'IC Basis'. This is to ensure that there is a premise for the event IC, and that you have gone through the proper channels to know about locations, or creatures, or occurrences. Random encounter events are still available, just specify your character is going from A to B and you OOCly would like them to be attacked by bandits or wendigo or something like that. This section is mostly for people actively looking for things IC.

An example of a good IC basis:
"Jackson is looking for BIG BOY STEEL and intends to find it, using the prior learned knowledge that BIG BOY STEEL is generally found in the tundras of the north. He intends to look for it in any abandoned mines that can be found among the hills and mountains of the tundra."

An example of a bad IC basis:
"I want BIG BOY STEEL and am looking for it."

1594398979741.png

- STAKES RATING -
The DM who claims your event can (if needed) also provide you, once all is decided, a rating in which the stakes of the event are decided. This is effectively a way to clarify to the party if this event is a high risk, high reward event or not. It is a formalised 'DM warning' application.

HIGH STAKES || These events hold a high chance of things going horribly wrong if it does not work out. The chance of rewards are the highest and most quality, however, as a result. Risks of party wipes fall under this rating.
MEDIUM STAKES || Events under this rating hold a solid chance for something going awry and as a result death and misfortune following it. Rewards and outcomes are hefty but not necessarily the best they could be.
LOW STAKES || If this event does not generally work out, there is not really much of an issue or risk as a result of it. You can slip up here without tragedy befalling the party. Rewards are relatively mundane.

1594398979741.png

- EVENT LOOT -
Loot in events can be given, but this is mostly up to the DM to decide what seems applicable. There will be an option for 'loot' on the event form, but this is for vague use or to help the DM in some guidance of what you're after. If you're specifically looking for an item 'of Jax', for example, you'd say that. If you're looking for the hide of a beast you can add that, etc. Currently a few things are off limits, and not to be given out in events at this time:
Powerful Artifacts, Rare Harvesting Materials (Like Mother's Embrace, Mirrorword, Volatile Obsidian)

EVENT FORM
══════════════════
IC Basis: [Write up a small blurb about why your character is doing this, how they know of a certain location or beast, their motivations, etc. This part is to ensure there is a solid IC premise for the event itself.]
Overview: [This should be a rough outline of the event you are looking for. If it is a hunt, or a bandit attack, a seige, etc.]
Location: [Do you have a preference to a location, can it be anywhere, would you like it at a set region? Wilderness?]
Loot: [Do you have a preference to having loot? Would you like a lost sword, coin, knowledge? Bear in mind that the better the loot, the harder it will be to get it. Be mindful! ]
Party Size: [Roughly how many players will be at your event? 8 or less? 3 or less? Is this a personal event with you and a friend only?]
Rating: [Would you like it to be a peaceful event, moderate, or open to violence?]
Preferred Date/Time: [Whilst it is up to the DM to discuss specifics, a rough day and time would be good. When works for you?]

Last edited:

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
IC Basis: The nation of Aor faces an internal threat, the likes of which they have never seen before. Their Queen is under threat, the stability, peace, and way of life of the Aorian people under attack by a splinter faction within the kingdom. An insurrection like this must be dealt with.
Overview: This is picking up from an introduction made in December. A series of events wherein the Kingdom of Aor is put under duress by an unknown entity, who wishes to kill the Queen and those loyal to her if they do not submit and usurp her titles, riches, and kingdom out from under her.
Location: Predominantly Linistel, maybe some other regions within Aor or deserts.
Loot: This isn't intended as a loot worthy series of event. If it feels appropriate to the event but don't force it, sort of thing, overall I leave it up to Events/Lore team.
Party Size: Everyone who frequents Linistel could potentially be involved. This could lead to it being a large number of players or small, fluctuating depending on event.
Rating: Violent.
Preferred Date/Time: 2 EST to 7 EST. Between those times, if you can help it.

DM Edit: Claimed by Elz but held off until conclusion of Spawn Campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
IC Basis: Boredom and curiosity caused the first voyage. Having found something invaluable, it was taken as a sign they should continue. As such, preparations are being made for another voyage (or several, depending on the DM's desires).
Overview: Once again scouring the South-West to find hidden treasures, sunken ships, loot stashed in caves, and so on. Be it ground-based, a diving expedition or a naval endeavour is up to the DM.
Location: South-Western coastline and seas around Linistel and surroundings.
Loot: ICly, they are attempting to find high-value loot and artifact(s). OOCly we are just after a good time and will gladly do several of these to achieve IC goals.
Party Size: Approximately ten or less.
Rating: Moderate and up. High risk, high reward. Be it creatures, traps or leaving us paranoid by giving us a clear path to and from the loot.
Preferred Date/Time: Any Friday, Saturday or Sunday. For Friday and Saturday starting at about 4pm EST would be preferable. For Sunday starting early is preferred, because I have to depart at 5pm EST.

DM Edit: Claimed by Lannis

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
IC Basis: Somehow, Power returned. Power was contained by the Dunder Mifflin 2.2 party, hidden beneath a seal in the desert, where he was to stay forever. Mortals meddled with him again though - and he broke free. Now, he has run around for too long. He stays dormant, yes, but gains more power every moment that he's allowed to. Minute, yet noticeable, happenings are occurring - odd for Alterans, but not for the party. Coincidences lead to a conclusion for them, they saw this all before, after all. The time to take up arms again has come. To fight Power again - this time, for good.
Overview: Forgive the IC blurb above, just me setting the plot as I could envision it. The party basically wants to pick up the loose Power thread and tie it up with another fight. I'm not sure if this will be a chain or a singular event, but either way it's something to discuss :]
Location: Would be up to the DM, based off of IC context (ie where Power be hidin').
Loot: c; We can discuss loot amongst the group!
Party Size: About the same folks that were in the original group; think 6-9 people.
Rating: Would be Violent - we tryna kill Power.
Preferred Date/Time: Nothing set in stone.

Notes: So, whoever picks this up, I'll add you to a chat for this event and we (as a group) can discuss loot, timing, plot, etc etc similar to how the Power event chain was conducted by Blarg.

DM Edit: Claimed by Magic Intern

Chiarophinx

Lord of Altera
Legend
IC Basis: Foxbells would like a fluich egg, for certain divine reasons.
Overview: Fox and whatever company she can wrangle try to heist an egg before they realize what a terrible idea this is.
Location: DM's choice. A few places for these. ideally somewhere where the water is a bit shallower. Swamps and small lakes rather than you know, the ocean.
Loot: Fluich egg.
Party Size: Likely somewhere between 3-6.
Rating: Up to DM, presumably moderate/violent.
Preferred Date/Time: Sometime between 4pm EST to 9pm EST work best for me, on most days.

DM Edit: Claimed by Lenore

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
IC Basis: Sir Elam seeks remnants of Qlippoth's knowledge in the deadlands South of Blackrush.
Overview: The knight intends to bring a party of scholars and fighters to collect items or information from the deadlands.
Loot: Information and/or some hint/map to the location of a powerful artifact.
Party Size: Up to 6, including Sir Elam himself.
Rating: Moderate/Violent.
Preferred Date/Time: Wednesday the 24th? I have no real preference I'm just spitballing here.

DM Edit: Claimed by Elz

Fry

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Fryzbee
Fryzbee
Mystic
IC Basis: Rolland has heard word that a certain Vayeux is looking for information on the Nether. Seeing this as a lead, he hopes to get a group together to find the fortress he saw in the visions given to him by the Armor of Kilrox.
Overview: Rolland is taking a crew into Hell, laying siege to the fort that guards the Rift if such a thing is needed. He hopes to do a bit of scouting, for both this Vayeux, and in search of this fort and by extension the final piece of the Armor.
Loot: Know-how for Vayeux, and if the fort is found, the final piece to the Armor of Kilrox.
Party Size: 5-6
Rating: Violent
Preferred Date/Time:
Any time/date besides Saturdays.

DM Edit: Claimed by Magic Intern

kaiser_harding

Legend of Altera
Villager
Kaiser_Harding
Kaiser_Harding
Villager
IC Basis: The kidnapping and maiming of Sophie Velour, soon to be von Hardanger, demands a reply. Thure has assembled a task force to venture into the garden of jishrim, search it for suspected hidden locations, fight off anything there, possibly occupy it, or 'cleanse' it.
Overview: We show up, Either there is a fight depending on talks with Retro, the DM, and myself. If there is no attack then there will be a search, possible cleansing, or occupation await the return of jishrimites.
Loot:Maybe some knowledge, maybe supplies, materials, or weapons or something. not really sure, but loot isnt the main goal
Party Size:5-7
Rating:violant
Preferred Date/Time: will need to discuss, likely a friday

Goldbeean

Legend of Altera
Villager
Goldbeean
Goldbeean
Villager
IC basis: A hunger for adventure leads Adora to explore NidArach with a group
Overview: travel to the fortress and explore
Party size: More than 7
Rating: Moderate
Preferred date/time: Any weekday before 4pm EST

DM Edit: This can be DM'd by Jase

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Staff
IC Basis: There's been a series of murders in the Landing and surrounding cities following the destruction of the heart in the sewers. The Landing guard must find the killer, before whatever nefarious plot they're working toward concludes.
Overview: Detective noir investgation with some action.
Location: Storm's Landing, and I'd be find with the surrounding cities/settlements getting some action too.
Loot: It would be really cool if the serial killer were a member of a cult or a mage or something and the murders were toward the end of some kind of ritual, therefore at the end we get the morally dubious choice of keeping or destroying the impliments they used to get away with so many murders.
Party Size: 10 people, about the size of the guard force. Be nice if it were restricted to the guard and people who asked to be allowed to aid in the investigation.
Rating: Hyper violent but more of a mystery at least at the start, you know?
Preferred Date/Time: Whatever day/time after 5pm EST.

DM Edit: Claimed by Elz

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I'll be taking the day off of staff work but I'll get a post made regarding current outstanding events and sort through them now that the spawn campaign has concluded in the next couple days. Until then, I'll be temporarily locking the thread - No more event requests until I've sorted all the ones currently posted. Thanks!

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
My previous post covered it enough really but I'll go into a bit more depth:
The month of April will have a fair amount of projects and events throughout it (as detailed in the Campaign Update thread), and we've just finished a campaign for spawn. Sometimes we need a bit of a reprieve from event work, so I'm going to keep the thread locked and pause on the event submissions until we clear the entire list. I've claimed various outstanding ones and will use them to include event team members who are looking to learn and work with me to get experience. This way we can open the thread anew and not have ones left from over a month ago, which I apologise for.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Hello people,
There's been some talk behind the scenes that's reached me about people wanting DM requests again. I'll be setting up new boundaries for this thread and a new version will be launched after the Restoration Campaign. I want to make sure people aren't requesting solo events or events that don't require a DMs attention, to minimize the burnout that the first version brought. Not all requests will be accepted, either. If you have feedback, feel free to send it my way or we can toss a discussion into the discord suggestions chat.

Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.