Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Looking for players for a Nomic game.

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
I'm considering starting up a game of Nomic. What's Nomic you ask? Click the link for the answer!

For those not wanting to read through a whole wiki page to understand what the game is: Nomic is a game about making rules. At the beginning, the rules are basically that each person takes a turn proposing a new rule, modifying an existing rule, or removing a rule. All other players then vote on the proposed action. If a majority agree, the addition/subtraction/modification goes into effect and the player that proposed it gets some points. The first person to 100 points wins.

Now, the point of Nomic is that even those baseline rules can be changed or removed. How you win or lose can be changed. Games can go forever or they can be ruled to end at a certain time. Games can be incredibly serious and chess-like trying to set up a path to victory or it can be silly and random based on the group and what they vote in. Even the process of voting on laws can be changed. There's no limit to what the game can end up becoming, save for your imagination and what the other players will agree to.

I'm thinking we could either get a game set up here on the forums or use a public google doc for the rules and skype for chat, depending on what those who want to play would prefer. Who all is interested?

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
I'm considering starting up a game of Nomic. What's Nomic you ask? Click the link for the answer!

For those not wanting to read through a whole wiki page to understand what the game is: Nomic is a game about making rules. At the beginning, the rules are basically that each person takes a turn proposing a new rule, modifying an existing rule, or removing a rule. All other players then vote on the proposed action. If a majority agree, the addition/subtraction/modification goes into effect and the player that proposed it gets some points. The first person to 100 points wins.

Now, the point of Nomic is that even those baseline rules can be changed or removed. How you win or lose can be changed. Games can go forever or they can be ruled to end at a certain time. Games can be incredibly serious and chess-like trying to set up a path to victory or it can be silly and random based on the group and what they vote in. Even the process of voting on laws can be changed. There's no limit to what the game can end up becoming, save for your imagination and what the other players will agree to.

I'm thinking we could either get a game set up here on the forums or use a public google doc for the rules and skype for chat, depending on what those who want to play would prefer. Who all is interested?
Ye