Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore & History FAQ

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
Can we please stop jabbing at each other and move back to the topic of lore inquiry? Thank you.

Ced

Mountain Bum
Merchant
Retired Staff
MossyMorel
MossyMorel
Merchant
Obligatory reminder to keep the thread on track, please.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
TFS "Overly prideful Vegeta Meme" missed. It was an attempt at humor through self-deprecation. *Shrug*

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Didn't even bother trying to combat that last one.

Now, as I was trying to ask before in a light hearted sense.

@Lore,

What exactly is stopping far-eastern influence again, as a clarification?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
What exactly is stopping far-eastern influence again, as a clarification?

Because it's a medieval fantasy server. Medieval being the key word.

Merriam-Webster "simple" definition of medieval: "of or relating to the period of European history from about A.D. 500 to about 1500."

Elz

hmm
Events Staff
Very Sweet
Staff
Alright, clearing some stuff up now. If you guys want to go ahead and talk about how to debate, or what you think of another person, or post things not related to the thread, go elsewhere (like forum conversations or something).

As for far eastern, think it was summed up, but we're generally based on European-y things : )

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Do penguins exist in altera?
"Plausibly?"

We have standing ice caps in the nor-

Penguins may have /used/ to exist in Altera but don't necessarily have a suitable environment on the new map? They might be extinct.

Zenrak

Lord of Altera
Actual question I've thought about for a while, what complexity of alcohol do we have? Like, can I ask for a gin martini shaken not stired on the rocks with a twist?

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
"Plausibly?"

We have standing ice caps in the nor-

Penguins may have /used/ to exist in Altera but don't necessarily have a suitable environment on the new map? They might be extinct.
This is depressing, poor Penguins are probably zombie food.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Actual question I've thought about for a while, what complexity of alcohol do we have? Like, can I ask for a gin martini shaken not stired on the rocks with a twist?
How many bars and taverns do we have and how social has drinking become?

Specific mixed cocktails start showing up when you have the luxury to experiment - so wealth, and a society where social drinking, especially among the elite, is common.

The answer to this question sortof varies depending on the culture in which it takes place.

On a scale of most to least likely,
Elves > Humans & Others > Dwarves.

You might get a dwarven mixed drink, but I can imagine it as being more a blended ale kind of thing.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
This is depressing, poor Penguins are probably zombie food.
No land predators in Antarctica, while Altera's tundra north is connected to the rest of the country so you might expect bears of foxes to make short work of a population of well-dressed but stupid birds.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
So why can't you play legacy races? That's a big question for me. I know they're mostly extinct, but who's to say there aren't undiscovered pockets of say, Nakam, or Greyings in this new world? It'd certainly add to the generic elf, human and dwarf brand of races that are so often available to many RP games.

Also, why are half-breeds not allowed?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
So why can't you play legacy races? That's a big question for me. Also, why are half-breeds not allowed?
Legacy races have various reasons behind them. Nakam, for example, were nearly wiped out via a server event. You can't play them, unless two existing nakam that survived, had a child and they allow you to play that child. Earthspawn were removed for reasons you can see HERE . A long, long time ago, halfbreeds were allowed before there was set lore in place. When the lore was tightened and refined, it was made clear that halfbreeds weren't a thing for various reasons. Sometimes its because a particular race came from another world/reality when we were world hopping to escape Queen Grief, and therefore, certain races aren't compatible due to being from a different world. (IE. dwarves and elves.) There are other reasons for other races, but a lot of the old players can probably point out the reasons at the time. It was several years ago that was put in place.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Does this new release mean that the bar on top will finally be updated, the lore release from 2015 is- old

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Does this new release mean that the bar on top will finally be updated, the lore release from 2015 is- old
The lack of bar updates had to do with perm issues- But that's been fixed. I've updated the bar- ayyy.