Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore & History FAQ

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Is it okay to ICly know the God Lore, fluff, etc? For example, Shalherana is the Deity of Spring, Growth, Forests, Regrowth, Nature, and Life. However this is not posted in the Grand Shrines. Would an average Alteran know her motto? Her ideal realm? Or any of the gods, for that matter? How much is it okay to be like, "I know that Jishrim is the God of Plagues and Despair." Or that Crusade rather likes Sallana?

Or is a lot of that for interesting OOC reading?
A good question, and pester me later (when I am not absolutely wiped by work), and I or Cherry will give you a better answer.

Right now, I'm going to give the absolutely unsatisfactory response of "some is/can be known IC or is common knowledge, some cannot."

Damascus

Legend of Altera
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/nylas-cleon-pending-niek-morenta.35409/#post-593790

Check that out, if you haven't, otherwise this won't make sense.

I'm wondering if I could get away with getting the effect of an enchantment in RP by just using an enchanted book. For example, could I have a Fire Aspect II book that shoots a jet of flame when used in RP? Or would that not be fine? What I'm asking is, would doing that conflict with enchantment lore?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/nylas-cleon-pending-niek-morenta.35409/#post-593790

I'm wondering if I could get away with getting the effect of an enchantment in RP by just using an enchanted book. For example, could I have a Fire Aspect II book that shoots a jet of flame when used in RP? Or would that not be fine? What I'm asking is, would doing that conflict with enchantment lore?
Not sure the correlation between a whitelist application and the question, exactly. However, you can find the Enchanting Lore [here]. ^_^ If you scroll through, you should see what it says about Fire Aspect, and should give you an idea.

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff

The books themselves have no magic powers that make them any different from regular books.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

Yes it would.

Damascus

Legend of Altera
Not sure the correlation between a whitelist application and the question, exactly. However, you can find the Enchanting Lore [here]. ^_^ If you scroll through, you should see what it says about Fire Aspect, and should give you an idea.
Sorry, the copy command didn't go through.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
Me and some of the Anhald folks are playing Sooleran alts because of the fact that Anhald folks can't really RP outside of Anhald. What's the rule on owning a camel?

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Me and some of the Anhald folks are playing Sooleran alts because of the fact that Anhald folks can't really RP outside of Anhald. What's the rule on owning a camel?
I swear I've had this conversation before, but I can't remember the verdict-

@Faelin

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
How many years ago- was 2-Exodus' ago? Out of pure curiosity.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I was under the impression that our current calendar IGN /date started on the last exodus or at least started after the "we are jumping from planets in a cosmic hot potato game".

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Dunno about camels but I'm pretty sure the Soolera use horses.

Source: author

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
How many years ago- was 2-Exodus' ago? Out of pure curiosity.
Its always been VERY wibbly-wobbly, but the somewhat-accepted standard purpoted by the lovely Legion a while back runs like so:

Character Created in 2012: 2000+ Years Old, Kept alive via Sisterhood of Shalherana's youth-rejuvination thing that went down during the Grief wars
Character Created in 2013: Hovering around the 2000 year mark, maybe a bit below it. See above.
Character Created in 2014: A few hundred years+ what they'd normally be. Somewhere around 200-600. Having come in on the very tail end of abovementioned rejuvination magical effects, these characters have probably had the chance to age a fair amount.
Character Created in 2015: Aged normally.
>Future: Presumably ages "normally".

Timelines are a strange thing, though, so I don't think it reeaaally matters c:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
How much would be known about each god for people who don't worship that god in particular? Would they know the Tenets off the top of their head?
Would new people know about the gods leaving?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
How much would be known about each god for people who don't worship that god in particular? Would they know the Tenets off the top of their head?
Would new people know about the gods leaving?
The doctrines and tenets are pretty well known, as they're all posted at the Shrines. Pretty common knowledge. As for the gods leaving, that particular event was public. Word has surely spread that the gods were debating whether or not to leave and that they've since become quieter.