Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore & History FAQ

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
For context I'm relating it to the colour of the Emberlark feathers and it would have to be a rather bright orange/red colour, I'm not sure how close you could even go.
I seriously wouldn't worry. People - especially noblemen - of the 15th century wore bright clothes. It was a sign of status. And if we can assume that coffee, tea, silks and spices are being imported I think it's a very safe bet to say that dyes are common too.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The rarest colors would be certain blues, purples, and blacks.

Outside of that you really aren't that limited. In terms of what you'd see /commonly/ - different cultures and statuses would see somewhat muted pastels or very gaudy brights, with darks and sharp contrasts being rarest.

Most of this is duplicated in previous posts, just doing my best to confirm what people have said is pretty spot on.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
So last night, I was lying awake when the thought occurred to me.
Copper is an essential mineral for all life- especially humans. If it's completely gone, then how has life carried on?
The previous explanation was there is copper in minuscule properties enough to sustain life but no workable ore amounts of it. However I have lobbied, as others have for years now, to have it reintroduced.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
So last night, I was lying awake when the thought occurred to me.
Copper is an essential mineral for all life- especially humans. If it's completely gone, then how has life carried on?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copper_in_health
Trace materials, not raw ore deposits. Yes I did think about that.

(Note: This is not an endorsement of keeping the attitude, merely info.)

The previous explanation was there is copper in minuscule properties enough to sustain life but no workable ore amounts of it. However I have lobbied, as others have for years now, to have it reintroduced.
Beaten by seconds.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
So End materials cannot exist in Altera normally or so I'm told. So how exactly does one address a block of Endstone on display IC? Right now I'm rolling with "That is a very very strange rock the likes of which I have never seen before."

View attachment 71462
On EndStone:

I'm going to clarify this, as this question went by where we haven't checked on what was answered on the FAQ thread so long ago. I'll repost there, too. End blocks aren't normally available in our world as there is no viable way to physically go there right now.

Faelin had written: "Not since some clarification of old, old lore. Ender materials with very few exceptions are not actually "matter" in the sense of a tangible material, and they cannot exist as such in Altera." I'll add in 'currently', at the end.

Endstone will be an exception, however, the "texture can be explained away as funny looking rock" - Faelin. It holds no special properties, does not glow, etc. I am aware some old players had taken some samples from past Exodus battles, it'd most likely be brittle rock. It should be extremely rare.

On that note- hooboy, I think a few questions were missed here. We answer in moderation and it's usually best to ask in a convo.