Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Lore Team Update & Project Overview

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Hello Hollowworld,

The last few weeks were...eventful, to say the least. For the time being, I have taken over as the acting Admin of Lore Team until the role can be filled.
Lore team has added Tideborne BoredBrit and JustTheEngineer to its ranks, with several applicants and helpers to boot.
Rest assured, that Lore Team is not sitting idle and its projects have not been forgotten. Some projects are a bit slower now their original writers are gone, but they are moving.
There have been several questions regarding Lore projects and what happens now, so I would like to provide an update to reassure and inform.

Magic Rework
For a few different reasons, the Magic Rework is being put on the backburner. In the meantime, the magic team has grown and is shifting its focus towards the current system. The changes implemented will be released in a series of updates, akin to patches, similarly executed in order of urgency and how immediately they can be addressed. The current focus is consolidating and reviewing all existing lore and spells, so that a list of priorities for each school can be established. Larger changes will follow quicker fixes, with many of the goals (and the methods to reach them) inspired directly by the planned rework. Direct any questions to the Lore Questions channel in the HollowWorld Discord, or to sMelT#4212.

Vyre Rework
The Vyre rework is currently being worked on, and it has definitely been making promising progress. The base Lore of Vyrism itself has been finished and approved, and we have since moved on to the mechanics of introduction and grandfathering. We are working alongside Events for the implementation.
We cannot give a specific date for when it will be finished, but it will be coming soon and will definitely be worth the wait.

Alchemy Rework
Another project that is seeing a lot of work. Although not as close to completion as the Vyre rework, we believe this extensive rework of the current Alchemy system might be finished within a month or two. We know that many are excited for it, and we understand the impatient anticipation. But please trust me when I say that your patience will be rewarded several times over.

Enchanting Rework
The fourth and final ongoing rework. This is unfortunately a rework that suffered the loss of its original writer. However, the project has since transferred and will see extensive work for the next while. We can unfortunately not provide an estimate for when this will be done, because it is far too early for us to provide a reliable estimation.

HollowCrafting
As many of you know, two of the four reworks are part of the overarching HollowCrafting project. Fortunately, the grand majority of currently released work has been finalized. Branches like Cooking and Taming are not yet finished and might not be for a little while, but they remain part of the HollowCrafting project and will be rolled out in due time. Apologies for the delay.
There are several materials, like Machanite, that are unfinished or lack a Masterwork equivalent, and I will take up this project myself to ensure that it is being worked on without having to divert members from other projects.

Immortal Constructs
There is an ongoing arc surrounding the Immortal Constructs. Unfortunately, there are aspects that are unknown to the current team as they were ideas designed by its original writer.
We are currently preparing for a team to begin working on Immortal Constructs to finalize the Lore and progress through if not finish up the Immortal Constructs arcs some of you have been a part of.

More is yet to come
Aside from these projects listed above, there are several more cool and interesting projects on their way.

If there are questions about this announcement or Lore in general, please make use of either the Ticket System (on Forums or Discord) or the 'lore questions and answers' channel.
Thank you for your attention and patience.

Signed sincerely,
Lore Team

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
Thanks for the updates on everything. Definitely a tough spot with projects and responsibilities being redistributed and juggled, but I think things will settle and come together, albeit at a slower pace. But the wait will be worth it!

Alchemy Rework
Another project that is seeing a lot of work. Although not as close to completion as the Vyre rework, we believe this extensive rework of the current Alchemy system might be finished within a month or two. We know that many are excited for it, and we understand the impatient anticipation. But please trust me when I say that your patience will be rewarded several times over.
Absolutely. I think people will enjoy alchemy a lot more when this rework is finished :D

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Additional note based on a recent question;
There are three HollowCrafting materials that will be changed (Starblood, Volatile Obsidian & Machanite), and one that will be finalized (Mirrorwood).
Starblood and Volatile Obsidian will be rebalanced, while Machanite will be evalauted and potentially rewritten (+ Masterwork effect added) due to its lacking uses outside of Masterworked materials. Darkthread is only supposed to function when worn around the head.

In the near future we shall add notes to the different HollowCrafting materials to make clear which materials should be studied prior for their effects to be known (and how to do so).