Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

• Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! We're closing soon. Please enjoy the forums for now!

magic and OP. a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
I added magic to the admin approval list (with non standard races and Level 4 spirit blessed). This is to try to prevent the most common of OPed characters.

Just so you know: most of those who have magical abilities have them because the Gods granted them said abilities so they naturally join the church as a cleric of their patron god or goddess. Please note that just because you are a priest or priestess does not mean that you are a nice person. There are gods and goddesses that cover every spectrum of morality and empathy.

If you want to play as a magical character but do not have 6 months with the server yet then incorporate your budding magical ability into your character and your role-play. If you get to 6 months and you can not find mods and admins to vouch for you or if your application gets denied... then your character may have some magical ability but will never be able to do more than chill her tankard of ale or clean the room with the wave of a hand.

If you are already playing as a caster then do not fret. you are good to keep your character. I will however be asking the mods to keep an eye out for OP magic users. If they tell you that your character must go through the approval process it is probably because you are playing like an ass. If a mod tells you to go through the approval process just do it. Dont give them grief. If you have less than 6 months on the server you will just have to wait, but that waiting period will give you time to make contact with other mods and to prove what a good role player you really are.

blargtheawesome

... is very scientifical.
Retired Staff
Okay... What if a character has tons of development involving magic, making him a rather formidable Pyromancer?...

reviewerman

Loyal Servant of Altera
Ive been on for over a year and my old RP character used a lot of magic and it is REALLY needed in a lot of rp so can i keep my power

jrk190

Legend of Altera
Oh, Can I get approval? I think I've been on this server for at least a year, and I know plenty of mods/admins/ex mods/ex admins (Bette :D) That can vouch for me.

Mario Mluigifish

Lord of Altera
Oh, Can I get approval? I think I've been on this server for at least a year, and I know plenty of mods/admins/ex mods/ex admins (Bette :D) That can vouch for me.
You havent, unless you have made more than one forums account, otherwise you would be Guardian of Forever :p

jrk190

Legend of Altera
You havent, unless you have made more than one forums account, otherwise you would be Guardian of Forever :p
I said I think :l I actually wonder how long it's been. But I've been around for quite a while, because I know got Minecraft on my Birthday (October 1st :D) Last year. But even then, I've been on for over 6 months, I can still get an Admin to vouch for me. ^_^
Edit: It says March 8th... What in the world, I thought it was longer v.v
Double Edit: Well, did some extensive math calculations... If I'm correct... 11-3 is... Uh... 8... I think... So yeah... *Scratches head* I think it's 8...

Faelin

The Court Jester
Retired Staff
It's been said that current magic-using characters can continue to play as them, without admin approval, as long as they don't run around being OP maniacs. Otherwise, I believe we are clear. :p

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Please check the last date of posts on the threads like this. I'm locking this thread, and yes, you have to apply for magic now.

Status
Not open for further replies.