Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mandovi Machines

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic

Mandovi Machines

"For much of my life, I have been fascinated with the idea of a machine. By definition, a machine is a system that redistributes force, and they can be as simple as a pair of scissors, or as complex as a vault door. My study of machines has been, among other things, a principle pursuit of mine and I have quite grown quite adept with the ability to design and implement various types of redstone-worked machines. It is my distinct pleasure to offer this most exclusive of services to the realm -- I now offer both the custom design of machines, as well as the instillation of purpose driven machines under contract. Also available is a small catalog of existing designs. All formal details are subject to each contract and must be worked out in person. Not all inquiries will be met with response."

Mandovi Machines offers the service of designing and installing redstone-worked machines for those who make the proper appeal. These machines may be hidden staircases, intricate locking mechanisms, lethal and non-lethal traps, vaults, puzzles, security systems, and transportation systems. Machines for all purposes, custom designed to fit where the client needs them. All contracts, and associated details kept confidential -- the price you pay guarantees it. To make an inquiry, write a formal letter to Dr. Josef Mandovi, Fuvurian Duke of the Broken South, thoroughly detailing the proposed job. Address the letter to Palmwood, Isla Vallaz. The Duke Physician will personally respond to all fitting inquiries, and the potential client invited to his estate of Palmwood for further business discussion.

OOC intent and explanation:
I like building redstone-machines, and I notice that it's not a skill many characters actually have. Most mechanisms found in peoples builds are loosely explained by "contractors" which is fine, but not terribly interesting. I'm offering to take some responsibility for this type of work, and offer some interesting RP in the process. Also, I provide a legitimate service: Making a redstone device can be complex, and overwhelming, especially when trying to fit it into an existing build. I can not only help actually create a specific device, but I can personally help install it. Obviously, the designing and installing part isn't free -- my time is valuable and large projects (if they're indeed large) come at a price. I don't (nor do I intend to) have an in-depth pricing index because jobs of this vein range from being mundane to highly complex. The rudimentary index below is all the aid I can give:

Small job -- mechanism is mundane, takes up little space, and/or is otherwise considered simple: ~7,000 rads
→ Medium job -- mechanism is complex, requires a lot of time to build, and/or it's being placed in a difficult spot: ~15,000 rads
→ Heavy job -- mechanism is both large and complex, lengthy construction time, and/or there will be other extenuating complications: 20,000 rads and up
None of these prices are firm, and I love to negotiate. Whether or not the client can provide some of the more "expensive" redstone supplies (such as s. pistons, capacitors, observers, etc.) or how many of them are req'd are also part of the price consideration.

If you can do everything yourself, but just want an IC explanation or otherwise want the associated RP -- that's 100% fine. The actual service is just here because I don't see anyone else offering it.

Writing a letter and communicating details:
I won't provide a specific template as the letter is considered IC. It's a formal letter, that's all. Actually communicating details of the project and what you want out of the whole experience is different. I prefer to chat on discord (JUMP#2179) for this kind of stuff, but you are welcome to lay it out in, or after the IC letter as well. Send letters via private convo's here on the forums please.

Any questions just ask below!

Last edited: