Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

McGregor VS. Mayweather

Were you satisfied with the fight?

• Total voters

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
THOUGHTS
GO!
I personally think McGregor did a fantastic job. If he had more stamina he could have very well taken the fight. Mayweather played McGregor's inability to last long quite well. I'd love some other opinions! This sports section is not often used and I hope that some others watched the fight!

TyoungBD

Lord of Altera
Legend
Tyoung_
Tyoung_
Legend
I think he did a fantastic job as well, all things considering. It's mad that two of the judges had him down as only winning one round
But I might be biased c:

LePancake

Loyal Servant of Altera
I just find it hilarious that for one day any division in the U.S. was basically settled (for that day anyway) all because a black and white man beat each other in an arena. So yeah, pretty satisfied.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I just find it hilarious that for one day any division in the U.S. was basically settled (for that day anyway) all because a black and white man beat each other in an arena. So yeah, pretty satisfied.
wut. wii talkin fite logistics here.

TyoungBD

Lord of Altera
Legend
Tyoung_
Tyoung_
Legend
I knew Mayweather was going to win. : )
Yeah, all the arguments for McGregor beating Mayweather were pretty dumb tbh

"He'll get inside Mayweather's head"
"His precision and timing will give him the upper hand"
etc etc

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
Yeah, all the arguments for McGregor beating Mayweather were pretty dumb tbh

"He'll get inside Mayweather's head"
"His precision and timing will give him the upper hand"
etc etc
His quick and precise movements did give him the upper hand at the front end there. Quick jabs and well timed counters.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I am not into MMA like that, but I just thought he seemed overhyped is the thing. McGregor definitely had a lot more morale I bet.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I think it was idiotic of people to pay money to watch a fight. (They were asking 100$ per broadcast PPV in the US alone.)

Especially considering that they both did it for the money (something like 300 million dollars for Mayweather and 100 million for McGregor). They're really just playing a game of 'lets play with a touchy topic of blacks vs. whites in America and get a bunch of money whilst doing it." I'm not sure why people enjoy watching people get the pulp beat out of them in a boxing ring and having to pay a good chunk of change to watch it.

Jstar

Exitus acta probat
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
JstarGames
JstarGames
Good
It was playing in my local pub so I happened to catch it for free.

The result was predictable but the journey enjoyable.

Tot

Lord of Altera
Frosty
The_Tottot
The_Tottot
Frosty
I think it was idiotic of people to pay money to watch a fight. (They were asking 100$ per broadcast PPV in the US alone.)

Especially considering that they both did it for the money (something like 300 million dollars for Mayweather and 100 million for McGregor). They're really just playing a game of 'lets play with a touchy topic of blacks vs. whites in America and get a bunch of money whilst doing it." I'm not sure why people enjoy watching people get the pulp beat out of them in a boxing ring and having to pay a good chunk of change to watch it.
This is exactly what I didn't want on this thread! :D I'd like to refrain from people dissing the sport. I would simply like people to discuss the fight itself.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
This is exactly what I didn't want on this thread! :D I'd like to refrain from people dissing the sport. I would simply like people to discuss the fight itself.
Maybe put the fact that you don't welcome all opinions in the OP then.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I've made it clear here and would like it not to continue :) I do hope that is satisfactory.
Not everyone is gonna scroll down and see this. If it is such a big deal, I'd suggest notifying people in the first post that they'll be reading.

Deathmoron

Lord of Altera
On the other side of whether or not we like boxing-

Holy damns that was a great fight. While McGregor was running out of energy he still invited every round swinging; I was on edge on my seat each time I saw McGregor landed punch because I was set on McGregor actually being able to knock Mayweather out cold since McGregor was a heavy hitter in every MMA fight he had. But I got right back on my chair as I saw Mayweather avoid those punches or just take them like the champ he is.

Everyone who was watching it in the MWR center stood up for the last round when Mayweather won by TKO. Overall a good night.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I think the only champion we deserve is Trash Man

KICK IT DANNY

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
Not gonna lie, the only reason I cared the slightest was because Snerus used McGregor as a facial reference.

GIVE US HIS PROFILE, SNEDDUS