Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Methodomics' whitelist application - [Approved - Shao]

Methodomics

Loyal Servant of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
BeefTestoster0ne

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: An action that goes outside the games established rule set or an action that goes outside the game itself or is effected by something outside the game.
Powergaming: Playing in such a way as to be too powerful, or win in every situation that you come across. Ie: Godmodding, Autohitting etc...

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
ToastySpam

8. Tell us about yourself!
I like to read, and sometimes draw. I play plenty of other games, right now I'm pretty into Darkest Dungeon. I enjoy working, and dressing nice and I have a small passion for History. I'm generally a pretty laid back and reserved person and like to keep things mellow. I used to role play regularly when I was younger but it's been a little while so I might be a bit rusty.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Sorry.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
flashberry

About Your Character!
An aspiring doctor and surgeon with a small time hobby in botany. hailing from off continent this young moor elf adopted a human surname without a clan so that she could live among other races and learn about medicine.

Character Name:
Liani Renfreid

Character Age:

Character Race:
Moor Elf

Appearance:
6'1" and lithe with a gaunt complexion and purple eyes. her skin is a light hue and her hair an ashen grey. Tattoos adorn her pallid skin; covering almost her whole body. Images of the of the bones under her flesh and various cryptic writings. images of snakes and tentacles entwine with the picture of her skeleton inked over her body. Over the face she wears inked marks around her eyes as if it were a skull.

(I still need to make some proper artwork for her but here is some stuff I drew up a few years ago it's all fairly incomplete sketches not my best work honestly.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

A gentle melody floated over the empty bar. A woman sat backwards on a wooden chair, leaning on the back of it as someone worked over her behind her back.
"How are your feet Liani?" the matron asked as she poked at Renfreids back with an ink tipped needle.
"They ache." replied Renfreid, hugging the back of the chair. Her voice a flat note; emotionless. She stretched her toes out, feeling the soreness and screaming body pains under the toenails.
“Have you been doing your exercises for them?” pried the matron as the went about the tattoo work.
“Yes.” replied Renfreid, shutting her eyes, putting her head down and biting the back of the seat. She clenched her teeth down hard on the padded fabric and wood of the chair. Memories of dancing came to her as she waited for the pain to be over.

“Wrong again!” Shouted the instructor. “Stand up and do it again.”
Renfreid stood, and began moving through her forms, each footstep and pirouette practiced and calculated. She shut her eyes and imagined a world of color around her, pretending she wasn’t under the scrutiny of the many eyes watching her dance. She spun and spun, she imagined she was a phoenix; repeatedly burning up and then re-combusting with every flourish and movement. She threw her arms up above her and-
“Wrong!” The instructor smacked her in the leg with his wooden stick out of frustration and she fell over, clutching her aching toes. “Your movement is tasteless! When you twirl, bring that hip and leg up! If your posture breaks, you’re doing it wrong!” He paced back and forth. “Discipline does not just come does it...” He mutters under his breath.

“All done.”
opening her eyes, Renfreid found herself back in the empty bar, the matron apparently concluding her work.
“You can get dressed and leave now.” The matron said, packing up her needles.
Renfreid wordlessly buttoned up her shirt and put her shoes back on, and turned to leave.
“Liani.”
She stopped just short of the door, turning to look back.
“I almost forgot; someone left a letter here for you yesterday” The matron gave Rinsten a stamped envelope.
“Thank you Anne-Marie”
“Good luck Liani”

Renfreid had been pursuing a career as a doctor for some time. This was her chance to finally make something of it and yet she had a horrible feeling brewing in her stomach. Without a clan she had grown up under the care of the Sable family.

My daughter Liani Renfreid.

You have come so far from when we found you. You have done well with your education and made us proud. You will continue to make us proud in another realm. But be mindful of the Mark you bear. No matter where you are, or who you become; you will always belong to the Sable family.

There is no where you can hide from it.

~Regards

Last edited:

Shao

Bring back angry react
Thank you for applying to the server! So a couple of things to address before I can go ahead and whitelist you:

-The eyes appear to be too bright on your skin, in the appearance section of the Moor Elf lore [here] there is an eye colour spectrum, try to get one close to any of the colours shown there.

-And just a suggestion, that seems to be a lot of ink for the time, perhaps go with some portions of the current tattoo being makeup, though it's up to you.

Let me know when edits have been made and I'll be happy to see where we go next.

Methodomics

Loyal Servant of Altera
Thank you for applying to the server! So a couple of things to address before I can go ahead and whitelist you:

-The eyes appear to be too bright on your skin, in the appearance section of the Moor Elf lore [here] there is an eye colour spectrum, try to get one close to any of the colours shown there.

-And just a suggestion, that seems to be a lot of ink for the time, perhaps go with some portions of the current tattoo being makeup, though it's up to you.

Let me know when edits have been made and I'll be happy to see where we go next.
Thank you for your reply.

-I have changed the eyes to be a different color and appropriate shade/brightness.

-I also changed the characters name to 'Renfreid' as I decided I liked it better for this character.

-I don't really see the point in making any part of the tattoo simply make up as that would be far less practical and a pain to keep re-applying the make up on her body. I had planned for the tattoo to be partially incomplete so that most of it is just an outline and needs to be filled in. Would that be okay?

Shao

Bring back angry react
As long as you rp the pain in the ass it would be using good old medieval tattoo technology. I'll let you know when you are whitelisted as I am out at the moment, hopefully another mentor will have it done soon.

Methodomics

Loyal Servant of Altera
As long as you rp the pain in the ass it would be using good old medieval tattoo technology. I'll let you know when you are whitelisted as I am out at the moment, hopefully another mentor will have it done soon.
I have no issue with that, Thank you for your flexibility. I look forward to playing on the server.

Shao

Bring back angry react
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!
Server IP!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or another mentor.