Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Canon Midnight Serenade [Adam]

Fate3

Villager
rsz_aaron-griffin-pshhk.png
rsz_line-png-26.png
The forest belonged to the Caparii. Not in the sense that they deserved to exploit it, as if it were their property to manage: rather,
it was instead their duty as a race to protect the diversity of life within its expansive boundary. They were all wardens, sworn at
birth to ensure that Shalherana's gifts were not selfishly leveraged or taken advantage of. Admittedly, Adamar considered them
failures in this task. The single, yet most important, responsibility they had...and still none of them could do the Lady of Life
justice. The male felt ashamed as his gaze somberly passed between the lush shrubbery that he carefully stalked his way between,
each plated hoof melding into the dirt as another animal responded with a rustle nearby. He could not deny that much of the land
remained intact, but it would only be a matter of time before the greedy knocked upon nature's abundant halls. The stampede of
progress trampled everything opposite its vision, uncaring for the world that came before it. Adamar felt helpless, almost unimportant,
when it came to the longevity of his beloved home. He knew that he would stand and fight...but would that ever be enough? His
hand extended tentatively, grazing his fingertips across the greenery as he passed: lids falling softly at the presence. A contented,
yet solemn sigh misted over parted lips, the Caparii's eyes suddenly focused upon the discovery of a small clearing just ahead.
Adamar broke out into the opening quietly, shrugging a shoulder to carefully balance the ornate lute that hung from his back.
Admiration quickly filled his hazel hues, observing the glade as one might the greatest tower or the most impressive castle. It
was a niche that Adamar had come to appreciate, given it provided him the quiet he often didn't receive out among others. His
smile persisted as he approached the pond that smoothed over the dell's center, a series of jagged plateaus assisting the opaque
liquid in its calmed cascade into the pool. "Here we are...again." Adamar remarked, deftly rounding the lone boulder that perched
at the water's edge: his furred rear planting to the mossy stone, clearly placed their by the Caparii himself. The glade responded to
Adamar well, crickets chirping and the rare creature peeking from the trees to get a taste of the sweet waters​

that they were so familiar. A smile dawned lightly on the Caparii's countenance, starting up a gentle hum as he brought a hand up over
his shoulder: eagerly retrieving his instrument as he shirked the strap around his arm and over his head. He chose to play in this place
often, mainly because those present here...would actually appreciate the joys of his rhythm. The thought would immediately illicit a coy
smirk, raising the lute higher against his abdomen as he set to tuning the beloved possession. Occasionally testing a string, his hooves
lightly clacked against the stone to give himself something to listen to whilst he worked. He'd not visited in some time, but it felt good
to return: as if there was purpose in his reappearance. Honestly, all of his best music often originated in this wood. So it only seemed
fair that his most important piece yet, too, passed the trial here before being laid upon its intended. Recalling a distinctly recent memory,
the male pursed his lips: teeth gnawing heedfully over of the bottom of the two. It was foolish...and so was he...but still...here he was.
Adamar contemplated the thought briefly, nodding almost in reaffirmation as he picked up a steady strum: the slow, methodical harmony
overlapping with the trickle of the waterfall. "Don't overthink this. Just...speak truly." He reminded himself in a hushed tone, picking up
pace as he finally set to singing. Each word pouring over his lips in a harmonically rich, cacophony of well-layered sound. To any that
would've listened, it was obvious that the male had practiced this many times before. Both pain and joy ebbing in his tone: the glade
seemed to hush as he started, either out of fear or simply out of respect. Whatever the case, the song proceeded as follows.

rsz_line-png-26.png
Take heart, my friend, in the tale I tell you.
Of pain, and tragedy, of a fool beyond truth.
A merchant by trade, and a lover by youth

Take heart, my friend, in the tale that you hear
He deceived and tricked, those he held near
Showing a smile, true feelings hidden by fear

Take heart, my friend, and know of his love
A passion forbidden, a woman taken thereof
She is beyond reach, yet he still sores above

Take heart, my friend, and share in his pain
He still cherishes the memory, that they held in the rain
And while foolish it seems, the thought keeps him sane

Take heart, my lover, and hear I am true.
Gold is not my desire, I only long for you
And be that as it may, I understand too

Take my heart, my lover, it waits here for you.
Bold, I know, but never will I rue
This moment, right here, standing next to

The beautiful woman, that I'm glad that I knew.

rsz_line-png-26.png
Adamar huffed through his nose as the rhythm finally faded away, reddened eyes peeking open to stare at the rippling surface
of the pond. He smiled, tilting his head as a small frog leapt its way closer to its home. "You can make it...I believe in you." He finished,
letting the natural sounds envelop him as his attention returned back to his lute: already set upon improving what he felt was already perfect.​

Just me dabbling with song creation! Adamar had a subject he'd been meaning to write about, so here it is! Hope you enjoyed reading it.

rsz_line-png-26.png