Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

MilkyJoe [Approved - Squidziod]

Milky Joe

Lord of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
MILKY_J0E

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
New Zealand

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Powergaming: doing something with your character beyond their abilities without giving other players a chance to stop you. Metagming: you know something your character don't.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
pretty cool guy really. I use to be a rough tough forestry worker, but the guilt of the damage I was doing to our beautiful countries environemnt for the better of me and I quit. I'm now unemployed, my hobbies include sleeping and when I'm not sleeping I love nothing more than to sit down with a nice cold ginger beer and play minecraft.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
no

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I use to be white listed but i haven't played in years

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Neville Duckworth

Character Age:

Character Race:
Halfling

Appearance:
Neville stands at just over three and a half feet tall, with a curly head of hair the color of coal, accompanied by a pair of bloodshot eyes and 5 o'clock shadow. He wears a white shirt with a deep maroon waistcoat and a filthy green overcoat. Neville is a laid back kinda Halfling who likes to sit down by the docks and smoke pipe weed.

The Test

This is a tale of Neville Duckworth, before his life was changed forever by his addiction to the Sweet Galenas pipe weed.

A long time ago, in the world of Altera, there lived a Halfling named Neville. He was a crafty and cunning little creature, who was always looking for the way through life. He wore a smart outfit consisting of a deep maroon waist coat, a tidy white button up shirt and a neat green overcoat. He was a tidy, clean shaven Halfling the type of guy you would not expect to be into petty crime, but of course, this was all part of the plan. Business was easy, in the middle of the day, when all of the shop keepers and town’s people were lazing around, tired by the heat. He would stroll through the market, pick pocketing unsuspecting victims as they haggled for fruit, occasionally slipping something into his coat, from a stall which the keeper was half asleep. The sun would beat down on his curly black hair as he walked the markets. His thin lips would curve into a smile when he spotted an easy target. His long pointed ears would forever be listening for any sign of trouble. If he could make enough money during the summer he could smoke pipe weed by the docks with his brother Tully all winter. That was the way he liked it. He had never been caught before and he intended to keep it that way. He was, very good at what he did.

It was another normal day for the Halfling; everyone was oblivious as an inanimate object to its own existence. He had been out for only an hour and his pockets were already bulging. He was about to start heading home when he spotted the new Sweet Galenas pipe weed stall. The young Halfling strode over and pocketed some of the weed with ease. Neville started to walk toward the market exit, when he felt a firm hand on his shoulder. The goblin turned with a start and found himself staring at a tall figure, clad in a jet black cloak, chain mail glinting in the sun, hood pulled low over his face. His heart skipped a beat, it was an elvish guard. Neville thought he had been seen stealing the weed. Was this going to be the first time Neville had been caught? was he going to jail? Apparently not: "excuse me sir, may I borrow a light? the guard asked. Neville breathed a sigh of relief as the guard continued: "I just wanted to try this new Sweet Galenas pipe weed, as the guard has just changed and it is my break." Neville didn't like the guards much so he decided to have some fun with this one: "what’s that? You think that just because im a Halfling I am a pipe weed addict? i should report you". "No, no, that's not what i meant" the guard spluttered. Neville howled with laughter and held his lighter up for the guard to take. The tall elvish guard rolled his eyes, snatching the lighter from the small Halfling. he lit up his old pipe before handing the lighter back with a glare. The guard puffed slowly on his pipe as Neville stuffed the lighter back into his pocket and continued on his way. he was going to smoke the new Sweet Galenas pipe weed down by the docks, with his younger brother Tully. He was completely oblivious to the fact that as soon as his pipe, filled with Sweet Galenas pipe weed touched his lips, his life would be changed forever.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a pretty good start, but there are a few things that you'll need to look over:
  • Your powergaming definition needs to be expanded or clarified-- it's missing a key point.
  • Between your character description and your written test, there are eleven references to weed. Since weed isn't legal everywhere, it's expected that it's usage is kept to brief innuendo. I'll ask you to make it some new kind of tobacco or something, instead of weed.
  • "Neville Ducksworth" + "Longbottom Leaf pipe weed" = Neville Longbottom --Can you change your names to be more.... original?
  • Please fully answer question eight.
Other than those things, your application looks pretty good. Once you've made the proper amendments, please post here, and I'll take a second look then. Thank you!

Milky Joe

Lord of Altera
Hello and thank you for applying! Your application is off to a pretty good start, but there are a few things that you'll need to look over:
  • Your powergaming definition needs to be expanded or clarified-- it's missing a key point.
  • Between your character description and your written test, there are eleven references to weed. Since weed isn't legal everywhere, it's expected that it's usage is kept to brief innuendo. I'll ask you to make it some new kind of tobacco or something, instead of weed.
  • "Neville Ducksworth" + "Longbottom Leaf pipe weed" = Neville Longbottom --Can you change your names to be more.... original?
  • Please fully answer question eight.
Other than those things, your application looks pretty good. Once you've made the proper amendments, please post here, and I'll take a second look then. Thank you!
Look mate I'm not sure who Neville longbottom is by that was a pure coincidence. I've added to the power gaming definition and answered question 8, but I don't feel the need to chance the pipe weed parts as pipe weed is tobacco. You should watch lord of the rings, fantastic movies made in a fantastic country. ;)

By the way, you can call me al. ;^)

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.