Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

MistelPistols Application [Declined-Ayda]

MistelPistol

Loyal Servant of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
MistelPistol

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when you learn something out of character and then use said information in character. For example; I go on the forums and find someones character application and suddenly my character knows theirs.
Powergaming is when you do an overpower emote or something of that nature. For example Espo hits Krennin with his staff, Krennin then deflects the blow and in one emote counters by pushing him back as well as dictating how Espo would act within said emote.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko (SirNicholas14)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hello! I am currently attending high school hoping to go to college and possibly major in criminal justice and Spanish. I'm looking to join the law enforcement career, to be specific to be a detective. One of my favorite bands and the only band i really listen to regularly is Sabaton. I find their music very interesting as it usually is pertaining to historical events and mostly accurate from what I can tell.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Both WealthyPiano and Seannie

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again. (I really like that you've put all this because I've seen so many roleplay server that have so many apps with stuff like that and to me its just an instant turn off)
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Thain Tosali

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Thain is a young man with pale skin and jet black hair, his eyes are his mothers as she described them, the gods put the sky into his eyes. He has a medium build and stands at 6 foot and weighs 150 pounds.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
https://www.needcoolshoes.com/skin/ubq1p/young-thain

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!) (Personally i dont beleive a written test shows truly how someone roleplays, as some people can be good a writing but they make everything seem like their the main character. Then someone could be bad a writing long thought out paragraphs but really good at RP.)
Thain was born along with his elder siblings Gavin and Kathrine to Michael and Annabelle Tosali, They lived far off from most civilization the region they lived in had moderate summers but when winter was hit it hit hard. (I couldn't find a specific map of regions else I would have been more specific) They did what they need to to get through the winter, while typically only a few months it was harsh so Michael taught Gavin to hunt in case anything happened to him. Thain being to young to hunt at the time only 10, Gavin being 15, He didn't get to join them instead he stayed behind and helped around the house with Kathrine and Anabelle, life was mostly dull until he turned 15 he got to go on his first hunt he wasn't a terrible shot though he wasn't good either it defeated him when he missed the doe he was aiming for he tried to work on his aim but couldn't get ahold of it. At 16 he was bored of the dull life around the cabin they lived in so he decided that he wanted to travel Michael forbid him doing it though after a year of asking for his 17th birthday he finally let him free, excited he hurriedly packed his bag he wished his family the best of luck and went on his way. He started our walking the roads but quickly learned that it wasn't the best path as bandits robbed him of most of his belongings only a week or so into the trip. As all he had was a few loaves of bread, his bag and a water skin left he stayed stopped at a small town containing 5 families and 14 people. Luckily he was able to get a job helping around the wheat field harvesting and planting it, He felt bad about leaving but he knew what his heart wanted, once 18 he thanked everyone in the village personally and left, beginning his journey again with a new hope and full supplies, he didn't stick to the road but close to it usually off about 12 feet making sure not to run into bandits again. He continues traveling from town to town doing small jobs to make a little coin and get food along the way.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hello there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld. Before we continue, there are some issues that need to be addressed.

- There are several spelling and grammar errors within your written test. Try to focus on punctuation and making run on sentences more concise and succinct.

- Also, this is just a formality, but your test is 389 words long. I know it's only 11 words, but if you could one more sentence, I would greatly appreciate it.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld and I look forward to reading this application once again.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart

I'm very sorry, but I must decline your application for inactivity.

You are perfectly free to re-apply however! Thank you for your time!​