Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{Moderate} Queen's Port [Port City]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Credit: Piratep00f

Greetings traveler to the lands of Queens Port!

{Moderate} - "This region is moderately peaceful and dangerous. Anything goes within allowance of the region owner. Check before acting if the other party is alright with RP progression, especially if violent or fatal."
General Information-
Queen’s Port is a rapidly growing port city on one of the northern continents of the Northern Kingdoms. It is one of the only ports to the north and considered by some a vital position for the north as it controls much of the transportation to the continent. The temperatures in Queen's Port are rather cold year long. In the summer temperatures never reach about cool and in the winter the air is bitterly cold.

The lands are owned by the noble House Kane, Lady Alison Kane and Prince Edmund Hallon Whom of which, have appointed Sebastien de Courtnay, as regent over the lands. He is there to make sure things run smoothly and keep the community within it alive.

Sebastien strives to keep the community much the same as it was before, not seeing anything wrong with it. A place where each person has a purpose and contributes to the way of life of others. And a place where the arts are promoted and praised. A city of culture and class, a city to be marveled at.

Sebastien also hopes to create an Academy of the Music and turn Queen's Port into a place of learning for all musicians and bards alike. To build a harmonious community who live to create beautiful music for the world to hear.

Town Rules-
(IC Laws)

1. Violence without killing is a crime and will be subject to jail time and possibly a court process, depending on the severity of the act. (Minimum: 1 week IC - 1 OOC day.)
  2. To kill another person of the community without justifiable cause is one of the highest crimes. You will face jail time completely depending on a court process. (Minimum: 3 months IC - 1 week OOC)
  3. Adultery is banned and any who are found committing such a vile act are subject to time in the stocks to be determined by the spouse of the criminal. (Minimum: 1 day IC - 1 hour OOC)
  4. Disruptive behavior is illegal and could result in time in the stocks or even jail time. If behavior is repeated multiple times jail time will be lengthened and possibly removal of the tongue may be necessary. (Minimum: 1 day IC - 1 hour OOC.)
  5. Thievery of any kind can result in jail time or even the removal of the dominant hand depending on the severity of the crime. (Minimum: 1 week IC - 1 day OOC)
  6. Slavery is forbidden and will result in a court proceeding and jail time up to life in prison. (Minimum: 3 months IC - 1 week OOC)
  7. Worship of Crusade, Jishrim, Skraag and any non-pantheon gods is strictly forbidden. Banishment will be served to any found worshiping these gods.
  8. Respect Authority, be it the nobles of House Kane and Anhald or the high ranking members of Queen's Port..Failure to do so will result in a warning and potentially banishment.
(OOC Rules)
  1. Be kind to everyone, there is no need to be rude or salty to other people on the server.
  2. No stealing or breaking things that aren’t yours.
  3. No greifing of any kind. If you accidentally break something, fix it or notify me.
  4. Remain active, anyone not seen within the town for over a period of one month will be removed and all their items taken by the town. If you notify you will be absent for X amount of time there will be leeway given. Notices will be given out before hand but if left unanswered actions will be taken.
  5. Always ask for consent when performing an IC action that may negatively affect another's character.
  6. No massive underground structures without owner approval.
  7. Follow server rules. [Link]
*Rules are subject to change and additions!*

Application to Join-
IGN:
Character Name: (Provide a character profile link if you have one!)
Skills/Professions:
Read and Agree to the Rules?:

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Town Census-

Edmund Hallon: Lord (Rygan_) Rygan
Alison Kane: Lady (ActualCannibal) Elz
Sebastien de Courtnay: Regent (AdamantiAT16) BrianAT16
Thanatos Lux: Blacksmith (turtlemaster01) turtlemaster01
Felix Khan: Dockmaster (TortoiseTeeth) TortoiseTeeth
Mr. Windsor: Shipping Company Lead. (BoredBrit) BoredBrit
Kublai Kull: Carpenter. (DwarfP00f) Piratep00f
Almeric Bardolphus: Priest (Archbishop) Archbishop
Felix Pileran: Chesse Maker (xanbear) Xanbear
Lily Brooke: Baker (MuffetlyVox) Vox
Lyra Elenwen: Brewer (Irritable_Syrup) Irritable_Syrup
Delmond Ray: Fisher (Delta_Ray) Delta Ray

Deceased-
Alistair Kane: Lord of House Kane. (L1v1ng_Gh0st) The Living Ghost

Niah Kane: Lady of House Kane. (NiekAlt) Niek Morenta
Ciaria Caedit: Overseer, Architect. (BrianALT16) BrianAT16

Businesses-
-Windsor & Mutt Shipping Company BoredBrit
-Nireth's Tea Shop Lady Alec

Jobs-
~Dock Hands [2/2]
~Farm Hands [2/1]
~Inn Keeper/Brewer [0/1]
~Guard [0/2]
~Fisher [1/1]
~Hunter [1/1]
~Blacksmith [1/1]
~Mill Worker [1/1]
~Gravekeeper [0/1]
~Shopkeeper [3/?]
~Carpenter [1/1]
~Priest [1/1]

Jobs to Come
~Leather worker
~Judge
~Librarian
~Stable Hands
~Etc.

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend

History-
The city of Queen’s Port and the very lands they stand on have a long and gruesome history. It is rumored by many that the very grounds that Queen’s Port stands on are cursed. For every time it has been attempted to be settled some great tragedy strikes and leaves the lands.. abandon and in ruin.

The beginning of these lands are uncertain, all that is known that it once housed a city of a mighty house by the name of Cromarchy. Not much more is know about what happened to this house or the city that once stood on these lands. But after a time they laid empty above the mysterious ruins of tunnels that still remain deep under the surface to this day.

After a time the lands were again settled by the once noble House Senatoor after being forced from their homelands in the deep south. They found everything they needed in these lands, building it up in hopes of creating a new Silver Elven homeland named, Queen’s Port. They prospered for many a year, having settled previous disputes and became a vassal of House Lavoyard. But their success was not eternal. Suddenly the city was attacked by a group of bandits by the name of the Glades. The ground was soaked in blood and ash, and the city left abandoned.. dead to the world. House Senatoor vanished with it.

Decades later the King of House Marr Tybalt Rhett appointed Sir Edmund Campion to oversee production and repair of Queen’s Port. Hoping to gain a trade port to the north to expand their reaches. But this only lasted so long. The rising threat of House Anhald forced most of Marr from the Northern Kingdoms. Leaving the streets of Queen’s Port empty.. yet again.

But nary a couple years later, a new house set its gaze upon the again crumbling city. House Kane steps up to the challenge and tries to bring a new era of prosperity to this cursed city. The lord Alistair then appointed Ciaria Caedit to oversee production of Queen’s Port. In hopes that the last time that the lands are ever left abandon are behind them.

Points of Interest-
Tower of Reflection:

A large stony tower that's peak rises clear above the clouds. The inside walls are covered with over a hundred mirrors, big and small which give the tower and eerie feel as if you are never alone. The floor is also made out of mirror which makes the already enormous tower look even more so. The origin's of this tower are unknown. All that is known is it was built sometime between Marr's abandonment and Kane's restoration. And the tower seems to be made entirely of the ruins of Old Queen's Port.

Riddle Wood:

An enormous tree set in the center of Queen's Port. It is a beautiful natural landmark and the square was built around it to preserve it's beauty. The tree is named Riddle Wood for the fact the tree seems as ancient as the long gone city of Riddle Port which was originally set on these lands.

Rumors, Myths and Legends-
-It is said that the lands of Queen's Port are cursed and that all who settle there are forced out due to unknown circumstances..
-It is said that if you enter the Tower of Reflection at midnight your reflections seem to move of their own accord, perhaps a trick of the light but maybe it is Visage playing his games.

-It is said that little human like creatures are sometime seen among the branches of Riddle Wood.
-Some believe there are still Greylings living in hiding under Queen's Port.
-(If you have another please comment below or send a PM to BrianAT16!)

Religion-
The people of Queen’s Port are free to worship any deity of the pantheon they like given it is not one of the darker ones such as, Jishrim, Crusade, Skraag or Visage. Even through this three gods are held in high regards in Queens’s Port

Sallana- Sallana is the patron deity of Queen’s Port and many of its high ranking members identify with her doctorine. She will soon have a shrine devoted to her within the main walls of Queen’s Port.
Sallana‘s Doctrine:
1. Do not to worship any other Deities, for you only need to worship I.
2. Give prayers in song, and have the music be only pleasing to the ear.
3. Keep honourable to thy Mother, and thy Children.
4. When married, if the man doeth not to keep his family happy, the wife is permitted to leave and take with the Children, and take with half of assets.
5. Do not to commit Adultery.
6. To raise weapon against your own blood is to spill your own blood, and one guilty of this transgression has forfeit their heart.
7. Pay respects to the Divine Law.

Silas- Silas is a major deity in Queen’s Port. Many of its inhabitants find theirselves devoted to him. A small library will be built with a shrine to him in the center.
Silas’ Doctrine:
1. You shall respect the worth of words.
2. You shall endeavor to promote and spread Knowledge, Information- Harm not records nor history.
3. You shall do not to lie nor covet, for such things may twist the pure truth of Knowledge.
4. You shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
5. You shall be rightfully generous in the giving of information.
6. You shall respect the Divine Law.

Theodra- She is a minor deity in Queen’s Port but one of the three main ones none the less. She will have a shrine built for her in the port district.
Theodra‘s Doctrine:
1. Always defend your family, home, and honour.
2. Do ensure to perform your duties scrupulously.
3. Be ever vigilant- Do not give mercy, and do not expect it.
4. Let not your body fall into disrepair, for such is a disrespect to the lands that allow you to live.
5. Needless hunting is a Sin- Respect and honour the Beasts and the Hunt.
6. See to it you observe The Divine Law.

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Theft and Criminal Roleplay-
To allow for more free and equal Roleplay to any who desire to visit Queen’s Port there are various measures in place to provide such. Throughout Queen’s Port there are loot-able chests that your character can take from ICly and OOC. Some of them hold simple things such as gold ingots, emeralds, a few diamonds. Others hold RP items such as jewelry and other things. Rarely you will find a One-Time RP item. These are special and are much higher in value than the others, some of these things may be something that will help you reach another item or just something your character can use.

These chests will be re-filled on a weekly bases, but only seldom with the same things twice. And One-Time RP items will ONLY appear once. If your character wants to try to loot these chests there are a few things you should note before hand.

1. You must have a DM (me or the owner of a specific building) around when you are trying to loot a chest and pick locks. This is to ensure fairness and no cheating. If you wish to try to steal from the available locations just send me a PM and we can arrange a time for such. Any items stolen without a DM present are not allowed and is considered griefing.
  2. There will be a map below marking all buildings with loot-able chests. There is absolutely NO REASON one should go into other private houses and shops to try to steal something unless previously arranged with the owner of said building. This is to ensure safety of residents personal property and to keep things fun.
  3. Chests in mine-carts are the only chests you are allowed to take from.
  4. You can only steal from the same chest once.
  5. While you are stealing items there must be at least one other person online, preferably a guard. (QP is rather inactive, so for now as long as I am around, you can OK it with me.)
  6. The region is VIOLENT for you alone while you are stealing items. Anything from character injury to character imprisonment is allowed without your consent. Killing still requires consent though.

Locked Doors-
To make things a bit more interesting and complicated there are various doors throughout QP that are locked IC. These doors are clearly marked with information about what key is required to open the door and what level of lock it is. The following rules are inspired by games such as the Elder Scrolls and other Bethesda titles.

• If you have found a key or stole a key from another player you must give the DM the OOC key item and the door will open. For the sake of keeping track of keys, you may only use a key once. So once you have finished your adventure through QP you will no longer have the key should you return again unless the key is of importance and an agreement has been made with the DM.
  • If you do not have a key, you may also attempt to pick the lock. Note: You must emote picking the lock in RP chat. Also there will be absolutely no roll modifiers.
    • Novice Lock: Roll a d20, anything over 4 is a success.
    • Apprentice Lock: roll a d20, anything over a 8 is a success.
    • Adept Lock: roll a d20, anything over a 12 is a success.
    • Expert Lock: roll a d20, anything over a 16 is a success.
    • Master Lock: roll a d20, require a natural 20
  • If you fail to pick a lock then follow the next rules.
    • Roll a d2
      • If a 1, you broke the pick in the lock and cannot attempt to re-pick the lock. You now need a key to open the door.
      • If a 2, you may attempt to re-pick the lock and repeat the previous steps until you're either successful, or you break the pick inside the lock and cannot retry.
Map-
You can only steal ICly from buildings marked in RED. Refer to above rules for more details.

Screenshot_61.png
Best of luck to anyone interested in trying their hand at these mini challenges. And remember to have fun! There are currently [4] loot-able chests in Queen’s Port with [0] One-Time Rare RP items. (Some will come a little later!)

Bounty List-
+Harlot's Veil Thief (1000r)

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Edited the posts a bit, mainly fixed little things and edited a few laws. Added residents as well as some screenshots from @Sankera !

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Added some information concerning criminal and thieving RP in QP to the fourth post for those interested. (Up for critic as well, send me a PM if you have some- Also could use a tester to try this out.. See how difficult it is and such.)
Send me a private message if you desire to give it a try. More items and loot-able chests will be added as QP expands. ^-^

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I recently joined Queens Port with my alt character Kublai. Queens Port has a lot of potential on becoming an actual logical city, where there is multiple professions supporting life in the city. To make use of this potential, they'd need people roleplaying set professions there. There's a hunter, I'm the carpenter, there's a countess in rule of the city, there's a small local trade company with a boat and warehouse. They still need Farmers, Innkeeper/brewer, Fisherman, Leatherworker, and more. I think with the way the city is set up, it is quite possible for this to be a town where everyone has a purpose and rp becomes really tangible, if you know what I mean. A city like this truly supports RolePlay in a very cool way! They've got minichallenges for people like thieves. Also, for instance, the saw-mill is a great way for my character to be forced out of his workshop to and back from the saw-mill. Same would go for other professions I reckon, which means there is actual activity on the streets!!I truly hope others see the merit of this town and will join too. It's the first town I've seen in a long while that could support active roleplay that is not focussed on one part of town (like the inn or the noble halls in other cases). I wish the best for this town and hope it'll become a bit more famous soon!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I recently joined Queens Port with my alt character Kublai. Queens Port has a lot of potential on becoming an actual logical city, where there is multiple professions supporting life in the city. To make use of this potential, they'd need people roleplaying set professions there. There's a hunter, I'm the carpenter, there's a countess in rule of the city, there's a small local trade company with a boat and warehouse. They still need Farmers, Innkeeper/brewer, Fisherman, Leatherworker, and more. I think with the way the city is set up, it is quite possible for this to be a town where everyone has a purpose and rp becomes really tangible, if you know what I mean. A city like this truly supports RolePlay in a very cool way! They've got minichallenges for people like thieves. Also, for instance, the saw-mill is a great way for my character to be forced out of his workshop to and back from the saw-mill. Same would go for other professions I reckon, which means there is actual activity on the streets!!I truly hope others see the merit of this town and will join too. It's the first town I've seen in a long while that could support active roleplay that is not focussed on one part of town (like the inn or the noble halls in other cases). I wish the best for this town and hope it'll become a bit more famous soon!
Thank you Piratep00f. Your words have made my day. :D

This is actually the goal I had in mind for the city. A profession centered region where people work together to accomplish their jobs. And people have a reason to leave their homes even just for simple things. Pretty simplistic. As you said I hope it becomes a bit more active but it has in fact slowly been growing and I am pretty happy with that. With the city rapidly approaching being finished I will finally have a bit of time to get events going and get people interested, hopefully.

Also thread has been updated a bit with businesses and residents. Once the city is finished I will actually update the screenshots and such. ^_^

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I locked all of my stuff using your lock-mechanics as described above. I think it's a great idea Brian!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I locked all of my stuff using your lock-mechanics as described above. I think it's a great idea Brian!
If you want your building added to the Theft and Criminal RP map lemme know. Just lets people know that you are okay with IC theft as long as a DM or yourself is around.~

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If you want your building added to the Theft and Criminal RP map lemme know. Just lets people know that you are okay with IC theft as long as a DM or yourself is around.~
Yeah I'm totally up for that, add my house to it! you got a link to there?

Khorian

Villager
Salty spray splashed him square in the face, the force turning his head away from the impact.

Cold water snapped his thoughts back to the reality of his situation and even now, parted from his daydream, Khorian still couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right. It was a tight feeling in the pit of the stomach, a sensation doubtless compounded by the choppy sea but yet also distinguishable.

He had read a little of the history to this place and heard rumours both at the docks and amongst the crew; this curse or blight which led to previous settlements being abandoned had, until now, done nothing but intrigue a man taught from a young age that superstition and nonsense was often used as a mask by intelligent people to confuse the less-educated. Now however, he was definitely unnerved.

He took several deep lungfuls of the sea air, slowed his breathing and remembered a teaching from his father: "Keep your eyes and ears open, your wits about you and your mouth shut!"

He grinned to himself. Whatever was going on here was interesting enough to make Queen's Port the destination of his journey through the Northern Kingdoms and was the reason for his arrival; it was silly to feel nervous - perhaps the feeling was excitement?

With an inward shrug he dismissed the thought from his mind; the crew scurried about the vessel, preparing her for dock and Khorian turned his attention to preparing himself for whatever lay ashore...

IGN: earthworm99
Character Name: Khorian Fletcher
Skills/Professions:
  • Educated to a higher-than-average standard
  • Formerly apprenticed to a fletcher
  • Given informal and quite basic instruction in thievery and other "roguish" activities
  • Likes to fish
  • Enjoys reading
Read and Agree to the Rules?: Indeed!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Salty spray splashed him square in the face, the force turning his head away from the impact.

Cold water snapped his thoughts back to the reality of his situation and even now, parted from his daydream, Khorian still couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right. It was a tight feeling in the pit of the stomach, a sensation doubtless compounded by the choppy sea but yet also distinguishable.

He had read a little of the history to this place and heard rumours both at the docks and amongst the crew; this curse or blight which led to previous settlements being abandoned had, until now, done nothing but intrigue a man taught from a young age that superstition and nonsense was often used as a mask by intelligent people to confuse the less-educated. Now however, he was definitely unnerved.

He took several deep lungfuls of the sea air, slowed his breathing and remembered a teaching from his father: "Keep your eyes and ears open, your wits about you and your mouth shut!"

He grinned to himself. Whatever was going on here was interesting enough to make Queen's Port the destination of his journey through the Northern Kingdoms and was the reason for his arrival; it was silly to feel nervous - perhaps the feeling was excitement?

With an inward shrug he dismissed the thought from his mind; the crew scurried about the vessel, preparing her for dock and Khorian turned his attention to preparing himself for whatever lay ashore...

IGN: earthworm99
Character Name: Khorian Fletcher
Skills/Professions:
  • Educated to a higher-than-average standard
  • Formerly apprenticed to a fletcher
  • Given informal and quite basic instruction in thievery and other "roguish" activities
  • Likes to fish
  • Enjoys reading
Read and Agree to the Rules?: Indeed!
Hello! I can meet with you anytime that is good with you and get you all set up in RP. Just look out for my account BrainAT16 and I will be looking out for you as well. :)

Btw thanks for the nice little read.~

Khorian

Villager
Hello! I can meet with you anytime that is good with you and get you all set up in RP. Just look out for my account BrainAT16 and I will be looking out for you as well. :)
Will be Tuesday evening at the earliest I'm afraid, I'm out tomorrow night but definitely up for picking up where the story leaves off!

Btw thanks for the nice little read.~
Hey no worries, thought I'd better make it a good application rather than just OOC stuff. :cool:

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Finally came up with a name:

IGN: Archbishop
Character Name: (Provide a character profile link if you have one!) Father Almeric Bardolphus
Skills/Professions: Priest (not set on whether to do Sallana or Silas yet)
Read and Agree to the Rules?: done

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
Finally came up with a name:

IGN: Archbishop
Character Name: (Provide a character profile link if you have one!) Father Almeric Bardolphus
Skills/Professions: Priest (not set on whether to do Sallana or Silas yet)
Read and Agree to the Rules?: done
Just find me IG and we can get you all set up whenever you're ready. :)

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
I've updated quiet a bit of this:
+Theme Music.
+Fleshed out the General Description a bit.
+Added some Laws.
+Added Town Members as well as Nobles of Note. (Bolded Names are Owners)
+Added Points of Interest.
+Rumors and Myths.
+Updated Thieves RP post.
+Added the Start of a Bounty List.

To add:
+Event Stuff
+Trade List

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
The Chalice of Sallana is close to done. All common areas are RP-ready. Hope to be able to do some sermons or weddings soon with my Priest.

Pics:
Front of the Cathedral
2016-04-12_19.47.46.png

Side view:
2016-04-12_19.49.31.png

Side entrance:
2016-04-12_19.49.10.png

Inside, front entrance:
2016-04-12_19.00.36.png

Inside, side entrance:
2016-04-12_19.01.00.png

Altar From left to right: Fire, Earth, Sallana's Chalice, Air, Water