Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

{Moderate Region} Thiil [Town]

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Thiil Banner.png

A blissful silence flows into you as you enter the town of Thiil.

{This region is moderate. No violent RP allowed without consent! Keep yer killin’ self elsewhere unless you're prepared to ask folks BEFORE engaging in violent RP! Violence for the sake of violence will not be tolerated.}

04 - pwbLpA4.png

Pagebreak.png

Thiil is a small and secluded village in the heart of the very central uplands of Altera, located near the Crossroads and Tambry. Very close, yet almost inaccessible at the same time.The picturesque village sits atop one of the few plateaus of Altera, with steep slopes and towering cliffs that make it an ideal hideaway for those seeking a peaceful and quiet life.

When Thiil was founded by Galim Aeltus, he envisioned a haven for all Messengers, Scribes, Writers, and any people seeking knowledge, inspiration, or even just peace of mind. Now entrusted to
Athryl Mithtanil, the pair work to ensure Galim’s vision is preserved and that Thiil continues to grow as a center for peace and knowledge.

Pagebreak.png

Town Rules
Many come to the quiet cliffs for rest and respite in the admirable Crosswinds Berth Tavern & Inn. Some come to peruse the Grand Library’s vast collections before carrying on their way. There are even those drawn to the tales and histories the town seem to harbor. And yet there are some who stumble into the quiet haven and feel so enamored that they look to stay. As an RP heavy town, veterans and newcomers alike are encouraged to experience in Thiil’s roleplay environment.

Whether you are passing through or hoping to become a resident, it is expected that everyone is mindful of Thiil’s cozy nature and, of course, the rules.

1. No violent RP or fights without sufficient reason. This is a moderate region, but a peaceful town! If any RP occurs that breaks moderate region rules, you may receive a warning from myself, Icefire, or even another member of the server staff. In some cases, you may be banned from returning to Thiil. You must ask for consent before instigating any violence/fatalities.
  2. Builds are not to be altered without region owner permissions. This also means no griefing.
  3. No thievin’ without region owners consent AND owner of the building/property/person you're thieving from.
  4. Stay positive! Use common sense and courtesy when building, talking, and RPing!
  5. After inactivity of 1 month, all of your belongings will be generously donated to the town storage and your house sold to any new-comer. This applies if you haven’t been seen in the city or in-game.
  6. In order to be a resident, you have to fill out the application at the bottom of this thread. After that, we'll find you and RP.
07 - NQj9FER.png

Pagebreak.png

Seeking the Life of a Thiilian?
The cozy little village is quite an active RP hub. The town is host to many events and sees a great deal of traffic. We like to see Thiil thriving and bustling, and as a result, the town is quite RP heavy. We welcome veterans and newcomers alike, so don't be afraid to ask and apply. When we look for permanent residents, here are some things we like to consider!

Are they active?
It’s very sad to have a town full of houses that are occupied by inactive players.
Does the potential resident fit with Thiil’s vibe?
You know- No murderkillin’ berserkers and the like.
Will this be their only home?
With limited space, we generally don’t offer houses to people that already live elsewhere.

As Thiil is an RP heavy location, a permanent house is free of charge so long as your character works or contributes to Thiil in some way. We do, however, have the Congregation for instances where permanent housing is unfitting or unavailable. Be sure to RP with Athryl, or talk with Icefire120 about it if you’d be more interested in renting.

For 1000r/month, a bed can be arranged in the Congregation Center for your character if a permanent house isn’t available or fitting.

15 - VPQH0IC.png

Thiil Building

If you RP with myself (Aracena) or Icefire120 (Athryl) and are accepted into Thiil, congrats! Now it’s time to consider housing options! We may have an available home to offer you, or we may discuss building options. If it’s decided that a new building is needed, you’ll have to talk it out with us on location and style.

• Buildings are made in the respect of nature and location. No big and tall buildings will be tolerated, as it is meant to be a small and cozy village. Try to preserve nature and the look of the terrain.
  • A basic rule would be to keep it small. Use common sense in regards to the style of a small medieval building. No gigantic basements. No buildings taller than two floors. No floating builds or things that cannot realistically stand on its own without crumbling.
  • Try to stick with the building materials used by other buildings that are already there. (Spruce logs and planks, oak planks, stonebricks.)
  • If you don’t feel your building skills are up to par, please ask for a house to be built. It’s better for everyone if you’re not comfortable, as we want to keep the town quality and aesthetic rather high!
  • If we have to buy new plots for the build, you’ll be asked to pay 60% of the plot cost. This is non-refundable.

Pagebreak.png

06 - hiw7zzG.png
How To Apply

Reply to this thread using the application format below:

IGN:
Character Name:
Character Profile:
Jobs/Skills Your Character Has:

Once you reply to this thread with the application, Icefire will try to find you in-game so that we can RP! Applying does not guarantee a spot in Thiil, but we're pretty chillax so long as you are mindful of the rules and fit Thiil's vibe.
Pagebreak.png

18 - 2QE0E2V.png

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Thiil Census

IGN -- RP Name -- Profession

Athryl Mithtanil -- icefire120 -- Mayor
Cael Mithtanil -- TortueDior -- Child
Ahab Mithtanil -- Soccernut13 -- Child
Kethron Dramaign -- Heie -- Architect

(If you notice that your character isn't on here and it should be, feel free to send me a convo about it! Will try and get it fixed if I can.)

Pagebreak.png

25 - r17J5JE.png
Organizations & Amenities
(Entries in blue link to a relevant thread. Entries in grey do not have their own thread, but do link to a picture. Entries in black, sadly, do not have an available thread or photo.)
{ The Alteran Postal Service }
-- Founded by Galim Aeltus and taken over by Athryl Mithtanil, the Alteran Postal Service is housed in Thiil's Town Hall. Any seek work as a courier, or needing letters delivered to anywhere in Altera should stop by.

{
The Alteran Gazette }
-- Run by Athryl Mithtanil, the main office can be found in Thiil's Town Hall. Copies of the Gazette can also be purchased beside the Crossroads Inn when new publications come out.

{ The Learning Hall }
-- Any seeking a space to teach is welcome to do so in Thiil's Learning Hall. Once used by the renowned Tzemik Kevasn to teach Magical Theory, and by the respected Gustav Fritz to instruct on proper potion usage. An open classroom space for your scholarly needs!

{
The Council Room }
-- As a politically neutral entity, Thiil can sometimes serve as an ideal location for important meetings. The bottom level of the Town Hall holds a spacious Council Room and we encourage anyone and everyone to use it! Just ask and we'll gladly let it be used!

12 - u4MUSwA.png
{ The Grand Library }
-- While it may fit Thiil's small and cozy style, the Grand Library's collection of books is nothing to laugh at. Arguably the library holds the largest collection of books in the Northern Kingdoms and all are welcome to browse! (Just don't take books out of the library.)

{
Historical Archives }
-- Originally a shop started by Galim Aeltus, it has now been converted into a museum of sorts. Housing relics from Galim's travels, as well as important artifacts from Altera's history.

{
Silas Shrine }
-- Many residents feel drawn to the god, Silas. In fact the mayor of the town considers himself a priest of the Divine. The shrine is available for anyone to use, should they wish to offer prayers to the deity.

{ The Rose Ward }
-- A hospital and clinic open to the sick and injured of the Northern Kingdoms. Any who need help and seek medical treatment may come to Thiil, and its Rose Ward, for aid.

{
The Crosswinds Berth Inn & Tavern }
-- A hospitable stop for the weary scholar and wandering scribe. Rooms are available for the night, and for 1500r per month, rooms can be rented as a residence. Though... Beware the sticky pages in the rooms below..

03 - RJTc1x1.png

{
The Scriptorium }
-- The Grand Library requires scribes to preserve and copy many tomes. The Scriptorium is where scribes and author's can come to work in peace.

{
The Cliffside Brew }
-- Charming and inviting. The Cliffside Brew is the finest place for anyone to get quality tea. It's truly a gem built into Thiil's cliff face.

{ Snowhorn's Books }
-- Mira Snowhorn is a dedicated craftsman and an artisan. She sells books to one and all, each handmade and reflecting her admirable work ethic.

{ Vekkel's Bakery }
-- To any who walk by, the smell of fresh bread wafts through the air on the chilly mornings. Just the scent alone is enough to warm your bones. Vekkel's baked goods are a staple in Thiil.

Last edited by a moderator:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
01 - 0nDVxxR.png

Pagebreak.png

Job Openings
There is much work to be done in Thiil. While the town is quite scholarly and shows a devotion to intellectual pursuits, it also welcomes workers and laypersons of all types. There are even a few specialized shops and buildings for people with a more specific profession, or those willing to fill the role.

-- Shopkeeper
-- Paper Maker
-- Cartographer
-- Scribe
-- Innkeeper
-- Alchemists
-- Professors & Instructors
-- Library Attendants
-- Curator
-- Farmers
-- Fishers
-- Authors
-- Priests
-- Couriers
-- Trained Physicians
-- Teashop Attendant

35 - mOfxq4h.png
Pagebreak.png

Events
Thill has been host to many events. Below is a log of at least the ones from the past year, though many events have been held in the years prior. Being such a landmark of the Northern Kingdoms, it is certain that more gatherings will come. If you want to browse upcoming events, as well as those that have come and gone, feel free to look below!

[January 3, 2016] In Remembrance
[September 26, 2015] [Festival/Religious- Silas] The reformation of Thiil
[On-Going For Now] Over The Horizon - Scholarly Work
[September 27, 2015] Voyage to Kavdu [Sept. 27]
[May 21, 2015] [Religion - Silas] May the God of Knowledge hear my truth.
[April 29th, 2015] +Tales For Friends+ (Storytelling Event)
[April 25, 2015] [Thiil] Harvest Festival
[February 20, 2015] Writer's Retreat [Writing Contest]
[January 22, 2015] The Learning Center - Tzemik's Class
[January 17, 2015] The Past, Present, and Future of Thiil
[December 28, 2014] The Great Craftsmen Fair of Thiil - December 28
[December 6-7, 2014] Tales For Friends
[November 29, 2014] [Peaceful] The Wedding of Athryl Mithtanil and Aracena Gideon
[November 26, 2014] [Private] Needed Help
[October 11, 2014] Festival of Pages
[September, 26th] [Summoning] The Scribe

Pagebreak.png

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Reserved 4/4

This may be a "just-in-case" reserve. Or maybe a screenshot post. Ooooooooooor maybe... Maybe I'll find a reason. But this is here in case I need it! :D

Last edited:

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
*drags his stone chair all the way from the other post to here*

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
IGN: raykaystar
Character Name: Daisy Ravenwood
Character Profile: what am I supposed to put here?
Jobs/Skills Your Character Has: fishing or farming

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
IGN: raykaystar
Character Name: Daisy Ravenwood
Character Profile: what am I supposed to put here?
Jobs/Skills Your Character Has: fishing or farming
Heyo! The character profile is just a thread you've made talking about your character. If you don't have one that's fine! :) I'm usually online from 6:00pm EST to midnight-ish. If you see me in-game, even if I'm not in Thiil, just send a PM to me and I'll try to find you so we can RP. ^_^

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
Thanks! I just have a few questions. Who all lives in Thiil? And do I get a house? I found thiil in The world so when anyone who lives there gets on ill be there.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Thanks! I just have a few questions. Who all lives in Thiil? And do I get a house? I found thiil in The world so when anyone who lives there gets on ill be there.
You can find all of that information in the thread posts above. In the section labeled "Seeking The Life of a Thiilian?" and "Thiil Census." :)

SurvivalManZ

Settling in Altera
IGN: SurvivalManZ
Character Name: Jasher Farstride
Character Profile:http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/jasher-farstride.33115/
Jobs/Skills Your Character Has: Is trying (Extremely Hard..) to join the Ranger's Guild and Lineage. Is an excellent archer, but is somewhat unaccustomed to using a sword. Has some skill as a healer, but can only treat small wounds.

That's pretty much it. Thanks for considering!

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
Isn't Niah amazing?

Just so folks know, both Niah and I now own Thiil together. She's just as much in charge as I am! I let her repost the thread because the other one was so ooooold.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Isn't Niah amazing?

Just so folks know, both Niah and I now own Thiil together. She's just as much in charge as I am! I let her repost the thread because the other one was so ooooold.
Indeed. I promise I didn't usurp. :p

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Thiilian Civil War Event. Temporary change to violent region. Go go go. Bring down the Niek tyrant!

:heart:

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
IGN: TechnoAnarchy
Character Name: Dasyra Orbryn
Character Profile: Will link "matchmaker" name is signature to character peofile, currently typing on a phone.
Jobs/Skills Your Character Has: experience in cooking and cleaning, has had lessons in etiquette, dancing, and also runs a matchmaking business on the side. Would be willing to teach etiquette and cooking classes, is also interested in the teashop apprentice position.

Raykaystar

Lord of Altera
IGN: TechnoAnarchy
Character Name: Dasyra Orbryn
Character Profile: Will link "matchmaker" name is signature to character peofile, currently typing on a phone.
Jobs/Skills Your Character Has: experience in cooking and cleaning, has had lessons in etiquette, dancing, and also runs a matchmaking business on the side. Would be willing to teach etiquette and cooking classes, is also interested in the teashop apprentice position.
I already got the apprenticeship but I'm so happy you are applying!
-Daisy Ravenwood

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Updated the events listing with Voyage to Kavdu, as folks will be meeting and leaving from there. Added Over The Horizon - Scholarly Work as well.

@solus @Ddaug02

Arcana

Daedric Prince
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh noodles- I don't see Aethelsa on thine list (just add her whenever you get the chance~)