Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Morts App [Approved - Niko]

Gizmo_-_

Villager
MortPhobic
MortPhobic
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
MortPhobic
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Ireland

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, it was a good read.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I would define meta gaming to be using knowledge acquired outside of in-game character, this could be from ooc or having a friend in high ranking places inform you about what is going to happen etc and using this information to better yourself in the given situation.
I would define power gaming as removing RP choice from others, especially in combat (powergaming). It is also interacting with a game aiming to maximise your progress in a certain situation or towards a goal etc,with the exclusion of considerations such as; storyline/plot and fellowship.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, it is a form of cheating and no server wants cheaters.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Jinny

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)
My friend told me about this server recently, as I have a fondness of the medieval era and because I enjoy fantasy games; dnd, warhammer 40k and age of sigmar. My hobbies mainly consist of gaming, painting miniatures, reading and working with computers; coding on gmod, building a pc from scratch etc. The type of book I read are mythology books and fantasy, taking a great interest in the norse mythology. I listen to a range of genres in music, from classical to heavy metal.I tend to listen to the classics mostly, that being 'The animals', 'Jimi Hendrix', 'ACDC' etc, but a bit of Beethoven doesn't hurt.I have a dog and a cat, the dog is a big fluff ball and he is very friendly the cat however is not friendly.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Here is some of the guys I finished, and there is a picture of my unfinished deathwatch kill team from warhammer 40k

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Moo_Bot
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Strider

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Standard Height(Medium), average build, black hair, blue eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
(Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
Strider spent his days hunting, stalking his prey for hours or even days if need be before taking an arrow from his quiver, and delivering it to his mark with his oak bow. Once Strider set his eyes on his next mark, nothing could distract him from taking its life.

Strider was raised by The Forest Elves, as when he was a young boy he lost his family. Strider had known nowhere else but his village. He was lost, and wandered deep inside the forest by his village. Strider was only able to walk a few miles before collapsing to the ground, overwhelmed by fatigue and hunger. When Strider woke, he was in a strange and unfamiliar place. He sat up and looked around. Strider gathered he was in what looks to be a medical tent. He had noticed the pointy ears on his physician - he only heard stories of elves before now, he never actually saw one up close before. The Elvin physician gave Strider a bowl of what looked to be stew, all Strider knew was it was better than the food back home. The Physician ask the young boy "Where are you from, child". Strider quickly gulped the stew, and answered "I come from the village outside the forest, sir", downcast the boy said "There's nothing left of it now, everything is gone, my family is gone".

Strider was taken in by the Elves, from which he then learnt were Forest Elves. The Elves treated Strider as one of their own. He was trained to hunt and forage. Strider was trained to use a bow, and later learnt to craft his own bow. He made his bow from an oak tree and he was trained with a sword as well, although swords weren't his strong suit, he excelled in archery. Strider left the Elven Forest to re-join man, but he never forgot where he was raised. The Elves told him in elvish, "You are welcome to come back anytime". Strider was also taught the language by the elves in his time with them. Strider set out on a journey through the realm to see the wonders outside of the Elven Forest. Strider, despite losing his family at a young age, never let that cloud his mind. The Elves had taught him how to control his anger at his loss, and to find inner piece. Strider was a strong man and skilled hunter, and soon the world would know it.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Last edited: Today at 5:04 PM

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application to Hollowworld. Before we continue there are a few issues that need to be addressed.

- Your power gaming definition is not quite the definition we use. The second half of your definition is the one used for RPGs, however online roleplaying servers use a different definition. You can find our server's definition along with several in-game examples within one of the Starter Guides.

- We want applicants to avoid scenes of violence within their written test, especially because family murdered by members of an in-game faction is a significant enough event that cannot be within one's backstory.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort in writing your application. Please edit your existing application directly with any changes you have. I look forward to reading this application once more

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
shalherana_by_cukie1-da5qzch.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.