Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Moving to 1.8 event: The containment of Hell

Fitz

Back with a platter of heart leaches...
Retired Staff
The world of Altera has been having some strange happenings over the last few months.
First it was small things, a field going to dust overnight, that homeless man who always sat on the corner, killed himself with a knife to the abdomen while laughing at his toes, a traveling family gone missing. Then things got worse. The river outside of Ravens's Nest turned to blood. The dead started to walk again, like during the great war. Lava has erupted from wells. Entire herds of cattle have drowned on dry land. More recently however, children have been butchering their parents while they sleep. Brother turning on sister and neighbor on neighbor. Looting, infanticide, murder, arson... the world is falling apart.

The kings are not blind to this however, they have seen this before on various worlds. Chaos is spreading. The Corruptors are here. Whether this is the work of Queen Grief sewing chaos into the fabric of this world or if The Corruptors have actually found Hollow World we don't know. All that is known is that hollow world is in serious trouble.

Then The Cataclysm struck! Queen Grief ripped free of her nine dimensional prison. Thousands died, Almost two thirds of the population perished in the first seventy two hours. Queen Grief, who had always been measured, methodical, and restrained was absolute terror and chaos. The nine dimensional prison twisted her soul and warped her mind. Nobody had ever seen anything like it. All ten Kings and Queens rallied and assaulted queen grief head on.

The planet cracked.

The sky shattered.

Stars fell, people were consumed by a hungry moon, you removed your own stomach from your body and ate it.

how funny is that?!?!?! it tasted like yellow and a high pitched freckle swimming.

meshini, halgot, scrambolock

kill kill kill die

I love blood and blood loves me

yeaaaaghfarnissssssshhhiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!

darkness.....

You awake in a flat orderly world, your cot is one of hundreds spread out over a perfectly flat field of manicured grass that goes on as far as the eye can see.

"are you ok?" a young woman asks. You recognize her as a member of the sisterhood by her yellow and blue robes.

"Yes, yes, I just had an awful dream... where am I?"

"that was no dream I'm afraid" she seems reluctant to say.

"that happened? no you're a dream as well. Damnit I need to wake up. What in the name of Sallanna's pu" SMACK

The sister smacks you across the face and the pain is very real. " you are not dreaming, this is real, that was mostly real, I am real and I will really hurt you if you finish that sentence the way you intended!"

As you rub your stinging face she continues, "This is merely a holding area for those that survived the cataclysm. It is made to be as orderly and normal as possible in order to weed out those who are truly corrupted by chaos. The Kings and Queens are in the process of communing with the gods and rebuilding our world after Grief and the followers of Jishrim nearly destroyed it."

"All of those who pass the final sanity exam will return to Altera. Right now it is said that the nobility and gods are trapping the Enemy once again in the Nether. There are rumors that we will need every ones help to contain the portal to the Nether as soon as reality solidifies again."

Behind her a little girl sits up, breaks her own little arm to expose a sharp broken bone covered with blood and widow's tears. Laughing, she puts the bone through the sisters neck, spraying you with blood.

From somewhere behind you one of the Knights Radiant flies past and removes the little girls head with a single sweep of his longsword. Other Sisters rush up and tend to the wound of their fellow member.

After a few weeks it is determined that you are indeed sane!

You can still smell octagons and taste happiness dying, from your elbows, but they don't need to know that.

They return you to a fresh new world. One that tremors with potential. You are with a hundred other men and women. A knight of the Northwind hovers in front of your group is explaining the situation to you.

Fitz

Retired Staff

this thread has a couple different links, don't be a dummy, open them in different tabs.

when 1.8 comes out roleplaying will be more strictly enforced so be ready for this!

If you are unaware of what metagaming is, what ooc means, what the square root of apple pie equals or what the dark side of the moon dreams about then read this thread: http://hollowworld.co.uk/index.php?threads/roleplay-in-general.2542/#post-14100

If you didn't read the thread linked above go read it now.

So basically hollow world needs your help with containing the Nether. The kings have done the lion's share of the work by creating a huge chasm down to bedrock around the portal, This will not hold the armies of Naught forever though and we need a fortress city to contain the spread of filth and corruption.

Ideas to encourage this community build:

this area will provide one silver for placing blocks as well as breaking blocks (those caught using this to farm silver rather than contribute to the community build will be temp banned for 24 hours and have their savings wiped)

It will be a good way to see what kind of roleplayers others are and to build friendships with those who you have not yet had a chance to interact with.

A community build that everyone on the server can be proud of will be created, I envision it being this epic, only better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjuN8sEfBxc

for the BASIC layout plans check out these two sketches : http://fitzink84.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps

the artist posted this and it's better than mine :(
thank you art
http://hollow-world.deviantart.com/art/Hell-s-Keep-257386098

Fitz

Retired Staff
What we will need:
  • community support!
  • a few "master architects" to create a look of unity, I was hoping for Van and Legion since I KNOW they both do very good work. If you know of other excellent builders/designers you may recommend them to me, don't recommend yourself.
  • a common vision
  • teamwork
  • quality roleplaying (I would not be surprised if good rp is rewarded with silver)
I'm currently making a better plan and layout so everyone can be on the same page.

The day of the switchover there will be a channel on teamspeak which is "all rp all the time" specifically for this build. Even if you do not have a mic get on TS3 so you can listen listen and know more about what is going on.

Legion

No Gods, No Masters.
Retired Staff
Fitz would you mind me starting a thread for this build in rp, get garett to help me and post what we are expecting as well as a screenshot of the area for the city, and a list of materials we want to use?

Fitz

Retired Staff
Nice and snappy, I like that. The rest of you maggots could learn a thing or two from this one! *glares down the ranks*

TheCastellan

Lord Zanros Hawklight
Damn, i posted my idea for an event for the move to 1.8 on wednesday but the database issue wiped the thread so now my idea seems kinda void now that this one has been posted :(

Thefatgerbil

Lord of Altera
Isn't everyone getting a bit exited for 1.8? (don't blame them who wouldn't). I know modders testing 1.8, they found 75 bugs in about an hour (including furnaces that when used crash the whole server), 1.8 is going to be a bit longer yet, and then there is all the mods that need updating, no body knows how long that will take and this server has a lot of mods, I feel this apocalypse has started a bit early.

Joel

Lord of Altera
I love Fitz' stories cause he always put in other thing and includes other peoples backstories which lots of people dont do, love the way knights radiant was mentioned.