Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mr. Corvus - "Knowledge is Power"

W

wakerman4

So when I came back to the amazing Hollowworld after my long summer break, I decided I wanted a new character. I remember a while back, a Roleplay as Gromm inside the Merry Mead in Port Silver, where a person started asking me questions.
I asked him why he's asking me all this, and he said "Knowledge is Power". To this day, I forget who told me that, but whoever said it was bloody right. So I based my
character, not off someone in real life, but after that one quote.
I've had Mr. Corvus a while, and he's learnt a lot already through Roleplay. So I thought I best make a
character profile to strive off boredom.

Note: Wrote this in a way Coruvs would. . .he's more or less confusing. . .and I tell you, he is HARD to Roleplay as.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Name: Mr. [Redacted] Corvus (Latin for "Mr Raven") of Arcturus.

Full Titles: [Redacted], Father, of House Arcturus.

Nickname/Alias: "The Raven" or "Raven". Also [Redacted].

by @Jeroxia

Age: He will not publicly show or tell his age, in OOC or RP, only to a trusted friend.

Race: The Human Race.

Social Status: Somewhat more in power then the common peasant. It's...complicated.
He was once describing himself as the shadows.

Sexuality: That is completely none of your business. . .but he's heterosexual.

Height: Let's say "tall". Not a giant, nor an elf, not a Dwarf, nor a fool. Mr. Corvus would be 22% taller then the average human being.

Weight: Not thin, nor fat. Healthy, if compared to anyone.

Date of Birth: [Redacted]

Date of Death: NULL

Homeland: The countryside of Altera, old world.

Current Home: [Redacted]

PHYSIOLOGY:
Build:
Oh jolly. Lets start by saying that he cannot push a 3 ton pile of bricks, of course. But he is quite stronger then an normal old man could be, due to his active body, never wanting to stop moving and thinking. His muscles won't show....he doesn't have any, but his grubby paws for a hand would be quite worn by age, showing his effectiveness in carrying objects.

Hair: White by age. Used to be [redacted], believe it or not. But that was long ago.

Eyes: Blue. Blunt and simple.

Skin: Attached.

Identifying Marks: The missing eye and the very unshaven white beard. Those are the key features of Mr. Corvus.

Appearance: Tall, slender, clean skin, white hair with a large beard, and not to forget his legs, which look quite raring to go.
To put in plainly, he is also missing his left eye. The chances of him telling you how and why is 33% in OOC and RP.

Clothing: Oh, well, that always does depend on the occasion, doesn't it?
It would be quite unhygienic and very boring if you wore the same thing all the time, wouldn't it?The most worn item of Mr. Corvus is his long, flame coloured robes with the cape at the back which seems to fly outwards when wind is great.

Weaponry: Mr. Corvus knows that knowledge and speech would be non-effective in a fight, so he has been trained to use a sword by his Daughter. In his spare time, the man with the eyepatch has also tried to use daggers, but he is a novice at such a weapon.

Prized Possessions: Oh, he does hold many dear. But the main one, of course, is that small curved golden flaming sword on his back which he carries around with him.It is, of course, a [Redacted item's importance]. It's called "Szck'ilm".

Hygiene: It differs in times. But overall, he is...moderately hygienic.

Voice:
QUALITIES AND FLAWS:
Strengths:
[Redacted]
Fears: [Redacted] <--Want to know these three? Read "Personality".
Weaknesses: [Redacted]

Intelligence: ...It's quite...odd. Perhaps if you meet him, you will have your own opinion's on his intelligence. But in any case, it's higher then high, considering his theories are never argued with.

Languages: Common and Fae (taught by Rahm).

Profession: Twilight Falls Museum Staff, Rahm's Scholar and [Redacted].

ETHICS AND MOTIVATIONS:
Personality:
Oh your going to love this.
Mr. Corvus's mind is complicated, hard to understand. To be basic, if you were to go into his mind, it's very complicated to understand. He thinks in a way that is observant, theoretic and solving most things in percentages. His ways are risky and hard to understand. For this reason, he easily becomes bored of being around people who have 50% less intelligence then him. However, he also thinks in a way that is unreadable to the common eye, for he has to be clever in his line of work.
Of course, "clever" is the wrong use of the word. Clever is the word used by people who do not mentally and thoughtfully oppose him. People who do would think of Corvus in four words.
These being "strategic", "observant", "knowledgeable" and "memorable". Perhaps you may disagree with this statement, but one thing you should know OOC and not in RP...
...is that Corvus is very deceiving.

“The fact is that camels are far more intelligent than dolphins. They are so much brighter that they soon realised that the most prudent thing any intelligent animal can do, if it would prefer its descendants not to spend a lot of time on a slab with electrodes clamped to their brains or sticking mines on the bottom of ships or being patronized rigid by zoologists, is to make bloody certain humans don't find out about it. So they long ago plumped for a lifestyle that, in return for a certain amount of porterage and being prodded with sticks, allowed them adequate food and grooming and the chance to spit in a human's eye and get away with it.”
Terry Pratchett, Pyramids

^ The quote above would suit Corvus being the camel in a whole.
Now let's go to what is wrong, or somewhat, strange and confusing about this particular member of Altera. Mr. Corvus, given the chance, will always show off. It's simple for someone to have more respect, but Corvus wants to show off, to his friends or not, in a funny, or chaotic way.
He is also power thirsty. Ever seen a man with an eyepatch not being somewhat thirsty for something? And lets not forget his ignorance and solid loyalty. Mr. Raven will not normally make a friend in a street, for two main reasons. One being, he would never be in the street in the first place, and the second, he won't make a friend whom he has no interest with. Not in the street because he stays where he needs to be, and when he needs a job done, he does the job. The only time he'd ever go outside without a reason is to see a friend or his daughter.
These are not the only things wrong with Corvus. His fears...there are many fears. But to you, they are [Redacted].

Religion or Cults: [Redacted]. Come on, you knew that was going to happen, didn't you?
House: House Arcturus

Alignment: I'll let you guess from this picture, 45% you'll get it correctly.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Two-Sided-47720788

Short Term Goals: [Redacted]
Long Term Goals: [Redacted]

TRIVIA:
Favourite...
Place:
Home.
Pastime: Seeing his Daughter once more.
Food: Apples.
Drink: A kind of wine, red wine, maybe white wine. It's 50 / 50...
Colour: Rose red.
Animal: Owl.

Least Favourite...
Place:
Port Silver.
Pastime: The destruction of [Redacted].
Food: Once had crab meat. Never again.
Drink: Something that's not the colour it's supposed to be.
Colour: Pink...
Animal: A dog. They spend a lot of effort doing nothing.

Quotes:
"Altera is full of darkness and the sun. The sun is what people see, what people know or may not know, things that can be seen and heard all through time and history. Now, the shadows are below that, the things people can't or are too blind to see. I, myself, live under the shadows. . .because that is where no one dares to look."

"Maledicta..."

"Ah, perfect. {He knows nothing....perfect!}"

RELATIONS:
Loved:
His Daughter, Miss [Redacted] Corvus.
Trusted: Rahm Kennys, Seth Jenkins
Liked: Dav'id Engem, Menelmacil Othar,
Neutral: Amethyst, The Queen,
Unsure of:
Wary of:
Lord Jeroxia
Disliked:
Hated:

BACKSTORY:
Hm. Let me remember.
Ah yes.
[Redacted].

My in-game name is: wakerman4, and Windows 7 was my idea.

Last edited by a moderator: