Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Mr Karonen's Application [Approved-Ayda]

MrKaronen

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?

MrKaronen

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?

United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?

Yes I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?

Metagaming is using information that you know outside of the game to the personal benefit of a character in game that they would not know.
Powergaming is trying to strong arm your way into getting what you want with roleplay, such as not allowing time for others to respond to your actions before proceeding with them.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

Not at all.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

JoeJoe

8. Tell us about yourself!

I'm a gamer at heart, it's been my passion for as long as I am able to remember. Some of my particular favorites include: Majora’s Mask, Banjo Kazooie, MGS 3: Snake Eater, and Fallout New Vegas to name a few. I’m a postal worker by trade, and I enjoy spending time with my friends online. I am excited to meet this community and to make new friends and experiences here. I have a little bit of RP experience prior to finding Hollowworld, so I am mostly familiar with the basics.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Nothing to share unfortunately.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Was suggested this place by a group of my friends.

Character Name: Euphrates Eros
Character Age: 23 Years
Character Race: Human
Appearance: Euphrates is a dark skinned male with black hair, brown eyes, and a mildly deformed body that he keeps generally covered in multiple layers of loose fitting shirts and pants to hide his deformities, and with bandages underneath his clothes due to his skin condition.

Written Test!

The stars shine brightly above the bustling desert bazaar as the full moon cakes the coastal city in its cool glow. The streets are packed with peddlers pushing exotic rugs, meats, potteries, and any other conceivable goods that could turn a profit from the hungry consumers of the city. Euphrates skirts along the edges of the many streets and alleyways, avoiding the hustle and bustle to the best of his abilities. He’s never cared much for such large crowds, and he has a ship to catch.

As he nears the shipyard, Euphrates’ mind begins stirring with the memories leading up to this important evening. The Dioscuri family is traveling to distant lands, and they have chosen to hire him as their personal doctor despite his inexperience. His life until this moment had been nothing but a series of ill omens since the night of his birth on the evening of the blood moon. This was his chance to finally move fate in his own favor and show the world that he was more than a mere bad luck charm. Believing that the stars themselves cursed his very existence, Euphrates knows that he needs to take every opportunity that passes his way if he wishes to become a successful practitioner.

He re-adjusts his grip on his medicine bag, more determined than ever to show his worth to the world. What could be a better way than by helping others? Caught up in his thoughts, Euphrates fails to notice the rugs on the ground beneath him. His foot catches under a particularly thick rug, sending him face first into the dirt.

“...Curse this frail body of mine... “ He thinks to himself, using his walking stick for support as he struggles back to his feet and reclaims his fallen medicine bag.

Dusting himself off, he quickly resumes his way to the shipyard, ignoring the numerous stings now across his upper body from the fall. The shipyard comes into view, the smells of sea salt and fish are much more pungent now in this part of the city. Euphrates hurries along the docks, eventually finding the ship that was to take him to the distant lands he would be working in from this evening onward. He stops before it, gazing up at it for several second. Several more seconds pass, then minutes. A small smile forms beneath the bandages he wears on his face.

“This is where my fortunes shall change.”

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.