Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

My application [Approved-Ayda]

2Max_Wolf2

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
2Max_Wolf2

2. How old are you?
Fourteen.

3. What country are you from?
The USA.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, I have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
I did not know these terms until now, but i did look them up. Metagaming is like... getting information about a character by someone before it is actually revealed and using it to effect the story without a reason, correct? And powergaming is to basically saying your character does something and succeeds no matter what, making it not fun and basically cheating. Like being in a god mode.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No. It would be cheating and very unfair.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Ayda (Asirel_Luik, Orderni)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Well, I prefer to be called Max online. No, it is not a boy name! Girls can be called Max, too. I love to draw and soon I am going to learn animation. I love all types of music, too, such as Undertale songs (especially His Theme, Hopes and Dreams, Megalovania, and pretty much the whole soundtrack because it's amazing-), Imagine Dragons, Avicii, and other songs. I like a lot of songs and music, okay? Obviously, I like Undertale, and I also like FNaF anad BATIM (Yeah I'm too lazy tp write it and wow i like horror indie games- never played BATIM, though.). Ooh, I LOVE animals. I had gotten a dog from someone's mom who goes to my school (school is also complicated so if it's mentioned just don't ask) and her name was Sheba. She was going to be my service dog for anxiety (I've got some serious mental problems. a reason I'm mature.), but she ended up being pregnant again. She was five, and had her puppies about five weeks ago, and I'll be getting one to be a service dog instead while still keeping Sheba. I can't wait to have her, and I'm going to be naming her Esther. I also love roleplaying, and this summer will be my first year of being a roleplayer. It's really fun to be different characters and go on adventures with them. I hope i can continue that here:D

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Oh, yes, I do! I will be sure to attach some of the artwork I've done onto here. Okay, now that I try to I find out the files are too large. Sorry.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I didn't have any classes for school so I just stayed home. I was looking for roleplaying servers for fun and came across this one and it looked fun!

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:

• Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Her full name is Maximum Lavinia, but she goes by Max Wolf because of her love of wolves and wanting to keep her name a secret.

Character Age:
Fifteen, almost sixteen. Acts and looks older, though.

Character Race:
Human Female.

Appearance:
Max has light skin and bright red eyes. Her long, dark brown hair trails behind her, and she has a dyed blue bang over her blind right eye. She has a scar under it that goes over her eye from an incident while getting caught trying to steal something. She normally wears black and grey to blend in. She has some armor here and there, too.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
I made the skin on my phone, so I don't exactly have a picture. I don't really know how to describe it well, but I'm fairly sure what I have will work. I made a whole new skin for this, anyways.

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

To be honest, I didn't really understand it... It's kind of hard for me to learn jus by reading about something like that. It's easier to understand and to look at it through the world. For my character, Max, I think it would be okay to have that mindset. She never really earned much since her mother died at birth, and her father was taken away when she was eight for having stolen various expensive items to keep up his small family of just him and his daughter, so she had always been alone. Max herself wouldn't know much except how to speak and things she's experienced. She would have read a few books, but not enough to know everything. I hope that it would be okay like that. But now that I think about it, this may get me declined... oh well. at least I tried. Just so I can say I did this right, I’ll go on about ma girl Max some more, I guess. Also, I did read and do understand the rules.

Yes, Max is a thief, but she does have morals. Max only steals what she needs, and never kills. She never wants to kill, either. She thinks it’s wrong and should only be done if you must. But killing a person you don’t know or know could be innocent? Nope! It’s wrong in the first place, anyways.

Max is quite stealthy and has learned some things over the years. Though she hates stealing, it’s the only thing she can do so she won’t either go to prison or whatever they do to teenagers like her. Besides that, she doesn’t have many things special about her. She does enjoy drawing, though, and has passed many hours with the nice activity.

Max also hates crowds and lots of people. She barely has any real genuine social interaction, but when she does, she’s usually shy and nervous or sarcastic and rude, depending on the situation. Like, if she were to be talking to a nice old man giving her food, she would be nice of course. If someone was attempting to turn her in to the guards or it was some guards telling her to stand down, she’d e sarcastic and rude. Her personality depends on her mood and the situation, really. She’s still basically a kid, though, and without much knowledge she can’t develop herself in any easy way. It’s hard for her, and she’s had many thoughts of just ending it all and stopping all the things she’s done and hates herself for doing. But, what else would she do? What would happen if she turned herself in? She doesn’t know, and is afraid to find out. Who knows where her life will take her.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definition of powegaming is incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again.
✦ In your character description, you state that the character has red eyes and blue bits to her hair which through our lore is not possible. None of our races are capable of having red eyes, and blue hair is not a natural color.

2Max_Wolf2

Villager
Ah, alright.

I understand what powergaming is now. It's having people or things there without it actually being there, right?
Oh, then Max will have blue eyes and normal brown hair. Also, the blue hair wasn't supposed to be natural, it was dyed. I now see how that wouldn't work in that time period. And the red eyes was something I thought people could rarely be born with, but I'm now not completely sure if that actually happens now. Like I said, she will now have blue eyes.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Try your powergaming one more time. You're technically not wrong but we're looking for something specific. However, it's written on the forum page that I linked in my last response.

2Max_Wolf2

Villager
M'kay. Say if someone was role playing and said they had a group of friends around them, but there was no one there, and they say their friends told them something that their character wouldn't normally know. That's powergaming, right?

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
That's metagaming, which you had correct. Try reading the page I linked one more time for me.

2Max_Wolf2

Villager
So, like you're doing a fight scene, and you go to attack someone and say you hit the other person without giving them a chance to say if they were able to block or dodge, right?
(I actually thought that part was metagaming xD)

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.