Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

My Little Pony

Do you like the show My Little Pony?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • No.

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • What's a My Little Pony?

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
As a fan of the show, I do want opinions on the show from fans and non fans alike. Before I start a flame war of course, I want to remind everyone this is a show. Indeed it is intended for little girls, but as one can see, it has attracted fans from all over the age spectrum.

Anyway.

Why don't you guys comment below on why you like and or hate the show? Favorite episode, pony, etc. too. Also, I would really like to see a structured reason as to why a person hates the show other then "It's for little girls." The same goes to those who love it, "It's good animation." I'll start off right now with why I like the show.

As a lot of you know, I had a terrible period of time in my life where I lot a lot of hope in everything. Nothing really cheered me up, I had been failing, this that, the works. Well, to my fortune, I was watching TV with my baby cousin, my favorite cousin, too, don't tell anyone, when she said she wanted to watch MLP. I, at this time, could not fathom why bronies existed, and thought it was an elaborate troll. But I didn't deny her wish, and watched it with her. Of course I found the intro cheesy but then... Well, I got into it. I started really paying attention to the show. I started to like it. At the end of the episode, I was left amazed. I had a giddy, warm feeling inside me. I felt... Good, for the first time in a while. Why? Maybe because it's a simple show, easy to understand, full of happy ponies, silly ponies, etc. but that isn't actually it. It's non-cynical. So many shows today somehow end up involving fear, death, moral conflicts, people being jerks. Though MLP has things like conflicts, it's on the scale of an argument between friends and is always resolved and has a nice moral of the story to go along with it. So I began watching it and, I'll admit, started getting a little too into it. But everytime I watched it, I had a smile on my face, and I enjoyed every bit of it. Even though it gets kind of childish, it's all in good fun. So that's why I enjoy it. Let's hear why you enjoy it.

EDIT: From the massive amount of feedback, it's been agreed upon that this is where we will post ponies. Bronies, while we enjoy the show, and like to share/discuss, to prevent any further angered people on the server, I will request we keep it on this thread and /ch MLP while on the server. I know I sometimes tend to post on OOC (And I chuckle a bit at the responses) but I realize this is eventually going to cause problems. So again, let's keep it to ourselves and others that are interested! :cool:

Last edited:

Deash12

Coffee Enthusiast
In my opinion, I just don't find the show interesting. I was once forced to watch it with my..... now ex girlfriend ( The ex part not over watching MLP :p ) The only thing I dislike about the show are the.... fans. Who completely obsess over it, and everything they do is contributed to MLP. I feel like it really is a show that should be viewed by a younger audience. Not.... It's current audience.

So Basically, I have a neutral opinion on the show. :D

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
^^^^^^^^ See this people? I nice, civil, reason to dislike the show. And I agree, some fans are a bit obsessive, but you get that with every show. *Puts on Luna Cap and shirt, and grabs a Luna plushie.* Totally not obsessed. At all. *Puts on Luna socks as well*

>.>

Definitely not obsessed.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
My friend has this ongoing joke that whenever i try to get to know a new girl he would walk over to them when i was not there and say stuff like " He's a brony, so be careful with his feelings ". And then when I came back she would just be giggling at me... Of course its all good fun, but I dont have any relations with the show in any way.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Ima say no, specifically because I just...I dunno, just don't like it. I don't have a good reason, and I won't come up with a crappy reason. I like some of the songs that are (somewhat) related to MLP, as in: lilpip(Some kind of Fallout based thing), Discord, and...one other song. Other than that, I don't really like the show for some reason...

Shadowsmalls

The Anime loving Brony
What got me watching the show originally was a video maker on YouTube talking about it, and he recommended one episode in particular that had a lot of innuendos and references in it to get people interested in it, and admittedly, it did :p
I started watching the show and I was drawn to one or two of the characters and could identify with their personalities (Fluttershy is best pony).I know that we're not supposed to say the animation is good.... but the animation /is/ pretty damn good :p I also quite like the music of the show and how many fans have an astounding amount of creativity when it comes remixing them and creating animations of the show and things like that. Things like this that were made from scratch by one or two people and turned out fantastic. The creators of the show also interact with the bronies and other fans of the show quite a bit, and have made several shout outs to them, which I find fantastic.
And just to hammer it home;

Although I think Luna and Discord are great too.
My favourite episode would probably be the Halloween episode with Luna trying to be accepted my the citizens of Ponyville. My favourite song from the show itself is probably "Love is in bloom", and my favourite fan made song is probably "Discord".

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
What got me watching the show originally was a video maker on YouTube talking about it, and he recommended one episode in particular that had a lot of innuendos and references in it to get people interested in it, and admittedly, it did :p
I started watching the show and I was drawn to one or two of the characters and could identify with their personalities (Fluttershy is best pony).I know that we're not supposed to say the animation is good.... but the animation /is/ pretty damn good :p I also quite like the music of the show and how many fans have an astounding amount of creativity when it comes remixing them and creating animations of the show and things like that. Things like this that were made from scratch by one or two people and turned out fantastic. The creators of the show also interact with the bronies and other fans of the show quite a bit, and have made several shout outs to them, which I find fantastic.
And just to hammer it home;

Although I think Luna and Discord are great too.
My favourite episode would probably be the Halloween episode with Luna trying to be accepted my the citizens of Ponyville. My favourite song from the show itself is probably "Love is in bloom", and my favourite fan made song is probably "Discord".
No, u.

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
Though I did very much enjoy the first two seasons, I haven't yet watched the third which has been on netflix for quite some time. I like Rarity and Fluttershy primarily, but would never go so far as to get a cutie mark tatt or buy a plushie. I also enjoy the odd Fanfic that's not sexually explicit, like Rainbow Factory (Horrifying.) and Cupcakes (Much, MUCH worse.) Also, I very highly suggest that if you do search for said fanfics that you have an iron stomach. Once you read them, you will never look at Rainbow Dash or Pinkie the same way.
Anywho, to re-rail my post, I enjoy the show due to its fun and entertaining feeling, while not being overly dramatic. I don't really obsess over it though. I'm not really considered a brony I suppose, due to my lack of collectables pertaining to the show and my non-obsession. Though perhaps I am, as I enjoy it and I'm not the originally intended audience.

Peculiar Player

The Dragon Cultist
I gotta agree with Fronte on the fanfic thing. Some amazing writings have come out of this show, the two stated above as some of them. I read them, and while they may be sad and gruesome, they are not to the point of hurling. IMO. Also, I recommend reading Fallout: Equestria. It's long, but it is VERY good. Now that one has some twisted scenes in it, aaaand I can never see Celestia the same again, or any of the Mane 6 for that fact. :p

Taelyn Adelei Saeradan

Lord of Altera
I do not enjoy the show because I prefer shows that aren't easy to understand and get me thinking. Like, shows that have complex storylines or take place in a time which people speak an older or newer version of English so I have to think more to be able to understand them. I don't like sitting on the couch like, "DEUUUUGH," when something like My Little Pony is so easy to understand. I also don't care for innuendo because it is just too immature for my preference. I understand why people like it, though, because it is just jokes and some people mane-ly prefer their jokes pony-style.
As for the fans, I have noticed that some of them can be obnoxious, but I know for a fact that some people are less obnoxious about it. I don't care how old the viewers are or what their gender is because they can do what they want. I don't like it when people think that you must be a certain age to do something. Like, 40-year-olds can enjoy watching a television show intended for children just as teenagers can read books or watch movies that are intended for adults.
Sorry if that became a rant. ._.
I tried to stay on-topic.